Questions for Shadowpaw

...or anyone else who can answer!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Shadowpaw wrote:I use IE 6.0 too... I can't fathom why it would stop working, as I haven't altered anything in the past two days. I have refreshed the server's cache though... any change?
Oh, great shamrock--I mean, Shadowpaw.

Sorry, I couldn't resist the Veggie Tales reference. :anxious:

:worship:

It works!

:: Hallelujah chorus ::
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Glad to hear it :). It's an isolated problem and was only occuring for a few members.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Thanks for clearing it up, Shadowpaw. :)

With regards to the Personal Information shown at the bottom of "your inventory," which is accessed via the Shop page, is there any way for users to have access to a history of personal transactions? In other words, is it possible for me to have a page telling me what items people have given to me and vice versa? :-s I currently have a space at the bottom of my Inventory telling me who has given me what . . . but will that slot contain only item? Or will it continue to add up if people were to give me multiple items?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I wish I could tell you "yes", as this is something that would obviously benefit a great number of people. I can't however say "no", but I don't think it's possible, at least with the tools I have available to me. I would have to do some serious reprogramming and while that's something I don't mind doing, I have very limited free time and I'm afraid I would mess something up. I will, however, keep it in mind and at least try to see if it's possible.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Shadowpaw wrote:I would have to do some serious reprogramming and while that's something I don't mind doing, I have very limited free time
I'm gonna check things out...........this looks like an epidemic

a total of 14 people I know have "limited free time" now.........some cuz of parent restrictions, some because of work / school / activites.........some cuz of family.........some for those reasons combined........the fact remains thaough that 14 ppl is a lot of ppl to suddenly (in the past few months) have "limited free time"

*wonders if there is a cure for this epidemic*

*wonders how much money she would make for selling the cure*

*wonders if she'd need a MD license to sell the cure*

*wonders herslef almost to sleep-land*

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Shadowpaw wrote:I wish I could tell you "yes", as this is something that would obviously benefit a great number of people. I can't however say "no", but I don't think it's possible, at least with the tools I have available to me. I would have to do some serious reprogramming and while that's something I don't mind doing, I have very limited free time and I'm afraid I would mess something up. I will, however, keep it in mind and at least try to see if it's possible.
Indeed, limited time is problem well known to me. Apparently, it's well known to gimp as well as a dozen others. :lol: Regardless, I appreciate all the work you're doing . . . if it's something you manage to accomplish, great! If not, no big deal. :noway:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Hey, I hadn't ever been back to that inventory page since the first day I was here! #-o I see that my inventory has grown. :) This whole thing about a trade is strange though. I'm supposed to trade $1 for nothing? :?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Chandler wrote:Hey, I hadn't ever been back to that inventory page since the first day I was here! #-o I see that my inventory has grown. :) This whole thing about a trade is strange though. I'm supposed to trade $1 for nothing? :?
I'm not sure what you mean... as trading has been disabled for about a week now ;). And it won't be activated until I can figure out why it was acting up.

People are still welcome to organize their own trades... just simply use the "give" option and the other person can "give" you an item (or donate cash).
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:Hey, I hadn't ever been back to that inventory page since the first day I was here! #-o I see that my inventory has grown. :) This whole thing about a trade is strange though. I'm supposed to trade $1 for nothing? :?
I'm not sure what you mean... as trading has been disabled for about a week now ;). And it won't be activated until I can figure out why it was acting up.
I'm not sure what you mean either. ;) It says that a trade has been proposed and I have the option to accept or reject. I haven't tried either. :noway:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I think that could've been my trade proposal. :-s I made the trade proposal earlier when the option was still available. I, myself, wanted to see how it worked and figured Chandler would be a decent guinea pig. :anxious:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

That must have been when Trent was experimenting ;). It's from a while back... it kept saying "nothing" in place of the actual items, and I figured it wasn't worth it to have activated if it didn't work.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Shadowpaw wrote:That must have been when Trent was experimenting ;). It's from a while back... it kept saying "nothing" in place of the actual items, and I figured it wasn't worth it to have activated if it didn't work.
As I wasn't informed of my guinea pig status I didn't notice until now. :lol: I'll see what I can get it to do.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Chandler wrote: I'll see what I can get it to do.
Not much now that it's deactivated. :D
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I hope thats back up and working fine soon.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

When are the new jobs going to be posted? :-k
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Chandler wrote:When are the new jobs going to be posted? :-k
When I'm finished all of my finals as well as my reviews for the Soda Fountain ("Two Friends and a Truck" and "The Power of One"). I also have some work related things that I need to get out of the way...

So hopefully before Monday? :anxious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Whatever works best for you, Shadowpaw. \:D/

Andrea Meltsner recently tried to use an avy by uploading the image from a URL. However, the only thing that appeared in her avatar spot was a little red X. The image was 100 x 100 pixels and in .jpg format. It appears the uploading-avatar-from-URL function isn't functioning properly. Any idea why?

:: tries to reupload his avatar ::

:shock:

What a beautiful red X. Image

:inlove:

Edit: I was able to get my avatar back by using the Gallery. Perhaps the gallery is full? :-s
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I thought the avvy size limit was 80x80. If so, that might explain the problem. phpBB probably blocked the image. There is a mod avaliable which automatically resizes them.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:I thought the avvy size limit was 80x80. If so, that might explain the problem. phpBB probably blocked the image. There is a mod avaliable which automatically resizes them.
Perhaps, but most avys around here are 100x100, including yours. :anxious:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Me wrote:I thought the avvy size limit was 80x80. If so, that might explain the problem. phpBB probably blocked the image. There is a mod avaliable which automatically resizes them.
Perhaps, but most avys around here are 100x100, including yours. :anxious:
Guess I'm wrong then. I wouldn't know about my avvy size as I selected it from the gallery, and never really paid attention to it.