Album 56: The Grand Design

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jacob Isom wrote:And the answer is...
Connie makes it abundantly clear in "Home Again" and refers to Jason as "like a brother". Sorry, Jason and Connie matchmakers. I think the team is trying to tackle all the big, overly-asked questions these days.
Maybe, but it sure seems like they spent alot of story time on Connie trying "desparately" to see him, when in reality they were not THAT close earlier in the series. We shall see. In the world of Odyssey and fiction, anything is possible! :shame:
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

. .says the writers who claimed Mitch would NEVER come back, only to bring him around again. Mhm.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Marvin D. wrote:. .says the writers who claimed Mitch would NEVER come back, only to bring him around again. Mhm.
Not sure if this content is a spoiler or not, so I "hid it".
well, alternatively, the writers could be closing the door on both possibilities only to bring someone else new in.....I would like to see Connie in a positive romantic relationship. Her history is not so good....
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

jennifertwt wrote:
Jacob Isom wrote:And the answer is...
Connie makes it abundantly clear in "Home Again" and refers to Jason as "like a brother". Sorry, Jason and Connie matchmakers. I think the team is trying to tackle all the big, overly-asked questions these days.
Maybe, but it sure seems like they spent alot of story time on Connie trying "desparately" to see him, when in reality they were not THAT close earlier in the series. We shall see. In the world of Odyssey and fiction, anything is possible! :shame:
I haven't heard any of the album 56 episodes but it sounds to me like it may be more of a reference to Connie "desperately" trying to see Whit in Home, Sweet Home.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

i just got my 56 in the mail and i listen in the car.. i loved the first two ep's the church during acts times. i was moved made me stop and go huh.. i forget a lot of what the first believers went through even though i read acts and the new testament.. i like this album already.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I am looking forward to it.

-- 05 Nov 2012 03:18 pm --
jennifertwt wrote:I am looking forward to it.
I finally succumbed to temptation (Into Temptation???) and listened to all of Album 56 even though I said I wanted to hear the eps online first (does not come on radio in sweden). It started out really well with the Perfect Church, Great Expectations, and For Three Dollars More. I thought The Bible Network, Happy Hunting, and The Holy Hoopster were a little weaker. The Lost Riddle was the best Parker/Jones mystery yet. Groundhog Jay was okay. I might have liked it better if they had used a different character as the lead. Jay is not my favorite, but then I guess you always need a "Rodney Rathbone" to show a difference between the "good kids" and the "marginal or bad".

I really liked Home Again and would have placed that as the last two episodes to have a really strong finish. I still think Connie was a little over the top in her efforts to see Jason and Penny a little to much to try to set it up. As much as I support a Jason/Connie romance, and yes, she did make it clear (at least in this episode) that she considers him "like a brother", her "desperation" to see him was a little odd. Yes, they worked together and might have had a sort of working friendship when Whit was "gone" to the middle east, but it was still a bit.....odd. As many of the older fans will tell you, some of the best and most lasting romances are based on friendship, so I am still hoping to see them as a couple, and look forward to seeing where this goes. I love that Jason has taken over J and J Antiques, though I am sad to see the Allens "move on". I also like the way that in recent albums, the 2, 3, and 4 parters play seemlessly without any interruptions on the CD. I did not mind the breaks in the older ones, but I usually listen to the "multi-parters" at one time when I get the physical album.

Push the REd Button was good in and of itself, I just feel it should have followed Grondhog Jay, especially since Jason was not in it and it would not have affected the time line at all. I now have the album uploaded to my computer and might "re-order" it myself.

All in all I would give the album 4 stars! It only lost 1 because it did not contain a Thanskgiving or Christmas episode. Those are my favorites. =D>

This album also got me thinking about what a playlist of "Whit´s Invetions" would contain....have to think about that. For sure, "Whit´s Flop", Whit's boredom buster from Family Vacation...........might start that as a new thread.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden