ALBUM 53 Discussion - SPOILER ALERT!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

thegreenringC wrote:
I know I really wanted Jason back. :(
same :( oh well I guess David Harley was still a surprise...
[/quote]
Yeah. What did you think of the dramatic entry with Tom coming back? I really wish they made Him and Timmy stay dead. :( But it will be cool to hear from Timmy in the future!
[/quote]

it was ok but I think they could have been more creative, especially with Connie and Wooton...
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Joanne wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:
Yeah. What did you think of the dramatic entry with Tom coming back? I really wish they made Him and Timmy stay dead. :( But it will be cool to hear from Timmy in the future!
[/quote]

it was ok but I think they could have been more creative, especially with Connie and Wooton...
[/quote]
PTTCH yeah they really should have figured out a better way for them to start dating. I always wondered you know after Plan B Resistance but you know-

Also I loved it that Hank Murry was the Stilleto!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Joanne wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah, Officer Harley completely took me off guard. I loved that one scene, with him gunning down Wooton's hamstermobile! Radical!

The scene with Timmy was amazing. I could NOT believe that he was really Richard Maxwell in disguise all that time. So, I guess Tom was really furious and unforgiving of his own son all that time.

Yeah, the Connie/Wooton thing was a little weird, especially when Whit got jealous of Wooton spending so much time around Connie. I just began bursting out laughing when Whit revealed how he had been in love with her all that time! Totally unexpected
!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

You know, guys, if you really are trying to make people believe about you-know-who, they can always just go back a few posts and see about you-know-who. >_> Or they can ask. :P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Marvin D. wrote:You know, guys, if you really are trying to make people believe about you-know-who, they can always just go back a few posts and see about you-know-who. >_> Or they can ask. :P
I know Marv. I was just having fun. :D
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Taps

Post by Taps »

Trixie Belden wrote:
Joanne wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:
[/quote]
Yeah, Officer Harley completely took me off guard. I loved that one scene, with him gunning down Wooton's hamstermobile! Radical!

The scene with Timmy was amazing. I could NOT believe that he was really Richard Maxwell in disguise all that time. So, I guess Tom was really furious and unforgiving of his own son all that time.

Yeah, the Connie/Wooton thing was a little weird, especially when Whit got jealous of Wooton spending so much time around Connie. I just began bursting out laughing when Whit revealed how he had been in love with her all that time! Totally unexpected
![/quote]
I know I was like- WHIT! Really? Also I didn't expect that Emily Jones turned out to be a Nazi and started shooting with a machine gun at Whit.

Matthew Parker- I couldn't believe he was the new Arem!It was awesome!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

thegreenringC wrote:
Joanne wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:
31899 wrote:As far as I knew only one of those options had been written off. :-s

Who?
Jason has been written off, which is a good thing because I really don't like Jason very much.

Whoa, wait! When was it announced that Jason had been written off? I actually thought he was the most likely character on the list to come back. For awhile I sort of had my hopes up that he would be in album 53, but hearing about Monty in part one makes me assume that Jason won't be coming back in 53? Still, I thought he might come back later or something. This is very sad news. Jason isn't even in my top ten favorite characters list or anything, but I just want some of our old characters back.
People, please don't reply to this! Let them believe he isn't coming back. ;)
stop messing with people, it's bad enough that you told everybody about the return of tom, I don't think anybody saw that coming. but telling people that timmy comes back is just mean, getting their hopes up like that...
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Taps

Post by Taps »

Ok I guessed I shouldn't have told them. Sorry Reddo, Didn't mean to spoil it.
Last edited by Taps on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I finished the Green Ring Conspiracy yesterday and just listened to Scales of Justice. I'm surprised they didn't try to tie in the old bag of money found by Isaac Morton into the history of counterfeiting in the area. I have questions, but have no idea how to create a spoiler box, so I will just wait until it starts airing next week. Maybe other listeners will have the answers to my questions.

All in all, I enjoyed it much better than the previous albums. One thing I did find irritating was the background music. It is the same as Mystery at Tin Flat which I had also just listened to recently. I would have preferred a bit more originality.

More later once we can speak publicly!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:I finished the Green Ring Conspiracy yesterday and just listened to Scales of Justice. I'm surprised they didn't try to tie in the old bag of money found by Isaac Morton into the history of counterfeiting in the area. I have questions, but have no idea how to create a spoiler box, so I will just wait until it starts airing next week. Maybe other listeners will have the answers to my questions.

All in all, I enjoyed it much better than the previous albums. One thing I did find irritating was the background music. It is the same as Mystery at Tin Flat which I had also just listened to recently. I would have preferred a bit more originality.

you just click the spoiler box right above the place where you write your post, there's things that say bible aiowiki center s spoiler and youtube

click on spoiler then write what you have to say in between the tags it inserts
Reddo
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

after re-listening directly after i heard it once.. i can say listen to it more then once thats for surrreee.
i was happy to see them admit whit is still a government researcher. i loved jay not one old kid could have held up to what jay did. not even rodney. perfectly done. buck could do a richard maxwell and come back. hes a great character. matthew and emily finally pulled out a reason for them to stay.. imo. i miss camilla tho. granted she couldnt have done much she is just funny. i could predict a lot of it cept the end.. that threw me which is rather hard. cause im a self-proclaimed super genius. awesome. album may be the best imo again.. it rivals nova com and the dr. guy...
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

jennifertwt wrote:I finished the Green Ring Conspiracy yesterday and just listened to Scales of Justice. I'm surprised they didn't try to tie in the old bag of money found by Isaac Morton into the history of counterfeiting in the area. I have questions, but have no idea how to create a spoiler box, so I will just wait until it starts airing next week. Maybe other listeners will have the answers to my questions.

They did make a possible reference in part 4.

Monty Whittaker-Dowd: Have you ever heard of counterfeit dollars in the area?
John Whittaker: We had a situation a few years ago, but that didn't lead to anything.
Monty Whittaker-Dowd: Maybe it's connected, maybe not.

Although it doesn't specifically mention Issac.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I was kind of hoping the whole series would be a bit more earth-shattering. I was dissapointed that only a few
good
guys came back. I was hoping some of the
bad
guys would come back. But the
new characters
were good!
he/him | a little stinker.
Taps

Post by Taps »

I loved this album! So good! One of my favorites for sure!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow. That basically sums up my thoughts. ;) I think I might relisten to the episode being aired each week so I can comment in the weekly threads in detail, but overall, I loved this album! \:D/ I was intrigued by the mystery, and while I did call one of the head bad guys really early on, there were still lots of things that I was unsure about. I laughed, I yelled, I pondered, I pumped my fist in the air and cheered (while driving - come on, Jason's return is worth some slightly dangerous driving) ;) and just generally had a great time. I listened over three days in my car and had a great time. I got the early feeling that Eugene and Katrina might end up adopting/taking care of Buck at some point in the future when Katrina got so attached, but for some reason, I really didn't like the idea. :anxious: He was fine for his role in the album, but I really wouldn't mind if we don't hear from him again. Maybe a reference to his happiness at some other location - I'm not heartless. ;) I can see something in the future where Mr. Skint tries to get Buck pulled back into that lifestyle again. I am really interested in how long they plan to wait to take care of the "loose ends" with Mr. Skint and Mr. Groute (sp?) and so on. I really want to hear from Jason again! Like somebody else mentioned a while back in this thread, it was too bad that they didn't get the three generations of Whittakers together towards the end, but maybe that can happen at some point in the future.

This is just a little thing, but the book "Oliver Twist" was found in a backpack - that was Buck Oliver's, right? I thought the Oliver connection was amusing/interesting. Both orphans, both get involved with some sketchy people. I haven't read the book, so I really don't know enough to know if there are clever parallels or whatever between them beyond that. I also found myself trying to figure out who Buck's parents were - do we know one or both of them? There weren't enough clues. I wasn't sure if that was going to end up being important. He implies that his father dies ignobly, but he could just as easily be in jail or hiding.

Also, does anybody else have a CD set that does not seem to have the bonus feature mentioned on the back? Early in this thread somebody mentioned something about Paul McCusker saying something that they found confusing, but at the end of track 9 on the fourth CD, my copy just went back to track 1. I was expecting a short version of the Novacom set bonus disc - talking about ideas, background, etc. Did I miss something really obscure during the wrap-up, or did ordering from FOTF result from some kind of mix-up that left me without the bonus feature? :(
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Catspaw wrote: Also, does anybody else have a CD set that does not seem to have the bonus feature mentioned on the back? Early in this thread somebody mentioned something about Paul McCusker saying something that they found confusing, but at the end of track 9 on the fourth CD, my copy just went back to track 1. I was expecting a short version of the Novacom set bonus disc - talking about ideas, background, etc. Did I miss something really obscure during the wrap-up, or did ordering from FOTF result from some kind of mix-up that left me without the bonus feature? :(
on episode 12 there should be the normal wrap up, then about 30 seconds of nothing, then paul comes on, at least that's how it is on the downloads, i haven't had a chance to look at a hard copy yet
Reddo
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Reddo wrote:
Catspaw wrote: Also, does anybody else have a CD set that does not seem to have the bonus feature mentioned on the back? Early in this thread somebody mentioned something about Paul McCusker saying something that they found confusing, but at the end of track 9 on the fourth CD, my copy just went back to track 1. I was expecting a short version of the Novacom set bonus disc - talking about ideas, background, etc. Did I miss something really obscure during the wrap-up, or did ordering from FOTF result from some kind of mix-up that left me without the bonus feature? :(
on episode 12 there should be the normal wrap up, then about 30 seconds of nothing, then paul comes on, at least that's how it is on the downloads, i haven't had a chance to look at a hard copy yet
I just checked my hard-copy. It isn't there. Weird.

I was the "somebody" who was confused. What Paul said sounded important, but apparently he was just joking around. He suggested using the "reset" button more often in the future--which scared me half to death. But it sounded more like threat--"if you kids don't stop complaining, we'll simply keep rebooting the show over and over again!" (my interpretation). There's also a scene with Connie and Penny, and then later Whit. But, I think it all meant nothing.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Bennett wrote:I just checked my hard-copy. It isn't there. Weird.

I was the "somebody" who was confused. What Paul said sounded important, but apparently he was just joking around. He suggested using the "reset" button more often in the future--which scared me half to death. But it sounded more like threat--"if you kids don't stop complaining, we'll simply keep rebooting the show over and over again!" (my interpretation). There's also a scene with Connie and Penny, and then later Whit. But, I think it all meant nothing.
yeah the whole thing was a joke and meant nothing, the scene with connie and penny was just an example of how they'd use the reset button that they aren't really going to use or do anything with.

I'll try to upload a copy tomorrow for those that only have the hard copy and can't listen
Reddo
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Meanwhile, I have e-mailed Brock, Paul, and Nathan. Maybe one of them can explain what is up.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

All,

The Easter egg (which isn't a secret anymore) is only available on the downloads. There wasn't room for this track on the CDs, so we made it download only. One nice thing about downloads is that we don't have the space limitations of CDs.

However, the bonus featured mentioned on the back cover ("A glimpse behind the scenes of the Green Ring Conspiracy") is on both CD and download. On the CD, it's a video bonus on disc 3. You have to watch it on your computer. On the downloads, it's called:

AIO_690a_BONUS_Good_Guys_and_Bad_Guys.m4v

I hope that clarifies things a bit. (By the way, keep watching the podcast for more video features on album 53.)

Nathan