Inception

Your mind is the scene of the crime.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

When do you plan to see Inception?

Opening weekend
4%
Theaters
33%
DVD/Blu-ray
8%
Probably never
29%
I don't know
25%

Total votes: 24

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

gunblader3 wrote:Amazing movie. Christopher Nolan just does it. I only watched 3 movies from him and I'm incredibly impressed. Inception was a really well done movie and thank goodness he didn't go into the 3-D fad. Its so annoying that every movie now has to have 3-D.
THIS.

and I personally think 31899 is just trollin'. :noway:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I'm really just no a big fan of movies, but I do enjoy it if it takes place in space. Usually that is. I really am just not much of a movie fan.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trollin'", but I assure you it is unintentional.

Last edited by 31899 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Saw it last night.

Best movie EVAR. \:D/

Jelly wrote:The ending totally made it the best movie... ever.
I totally agree. At first, I noticed the wobbling of the top, but I sorta ignored it, and still thought it was the best movie ever. But now I KNOW it's the best movie ever. \:D/
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I saw it today. But, I realy hated the ending. I mean (Warning, f you read this, it will spoil the whole movie for you, not even kidding.)
What made me mad, was that the way they made the ending, he never woke up from the dream. I wanna know what happened to him. (For those who didn't get it, the top didn't stop spinning. In a dream, the top will never stop spinning. But in the real world, it will stop.) So I wanna know what happened to Dom! :x Oh, and gunblader, he didn't make it out alive. If you keep wathcing, the top keeps spinning.
But asiad from that, I thought it was amazing.

EDIT:
Oh, ait. I watched the end again. Maybe he isn't stuck in limbo. I didn't notice the top wobbling the first time.
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~Mark Prescott~
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Mark Prescott wrote:I saw it today. But, I realy hated the ending. I mean (Warning, f you read this, it will spoil the whole movie for you, not even kidding.)
What made me mad, was that the way they made the ending, he never woke up from the dream. I wanna know what happened to him. (For those who didn't get it, the top didn't stop spinning. In a dream, the top will never stop spinning. But in the real world, it will stop.) So I wanna know what happened to Dom! :x
But asiad from that, I thought it was amazing.
No, no, no. Did you see at the end, the top wobbled a little? See, in a dream, the top didn't even wobble at all (I think), so it probably wasn't a dream. But even if it was, it was still a masterful ending.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

ric wrote:But even if it was, it was still a masterful ending.
This. People don't seem to get that the whole point of the ending isn't to make everyone mad. Nolan cut to a black screen on purpose. He made his point clear... it doesn't fall because it doesn't really matter if it falls. The protagonist completed his mission; he was happy. He defeated his demons (his imaginary wife). Film over. It just happened to go out with an EPIC bang. \:D/

But if it makes you happy, you can choose to believe that it fell. ;) There's a lot of facts that seem to say that it did indeed fall.
Last edited by jelly on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

DUDE!!! This movie is EPIC!! As the credits rolled, I watched it online, so not the best quality.. I was just sitting there, mouth agape... I was stunned. This. Is. A. MASTERPIECE!

Sorry, I didn't mean to bump a topic... :anxious:
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This topic was posted in a month ago, WW. Three months old is the unwritten deadline to not bump a topic. ;)

That was my reaction too. Epic. Breathtaking. Unbelievable.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

American Eagle wrote:This topic was posted in a month ago, WW. Three months old is the unwritten deadline to not bump a topic. ;)

Well it was at the bottom of HT... ;)

I loved every aspect of the movie, and the whole thing with the top at the end was GOOD! \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Whitty Whit wrote:
American Eagle wrote:This topic was posted in a month ago, WW. Three months old is the unwritten deadline to not bump a topic. ;)

I loved every aspect of the movie, and the whole thing with the top at the end was GOOD! \:D/
Now that you have officially joined the Christopher Nolan fan club, watch The Prestige.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

ric wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:

Now that you have officially joined the Christopher Nolan fan club, watch The Prestige.
this. \:D/ And if you want a real mind trip, get your hands on a copy of Memento!
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

What is everybody's opinion on this movie?

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I thought it was written and directed extraordinarily (Thank you Christopher Nolan!) The acting was superb, (Even Leonardo did a nice job) and the movie was the perfect length. All in all I'd give this movie 5/5 stars \:D/
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

It's definitely one of my favorites. \:D/
I INSIST THAT THE TOP WAS GOING TO STOP SPINNING AT THE END.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Thanks to AE's incredibly useful Motion Picture Archives, we never have to make duplicate threads again! \:D/

I've merged this topic with the original Inception topic. :)