Album 53

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

OK, a backpack filled with money is found in Gower's Field. That sounds like a remake of The Scales of Justice when Isaac finds a bag filled with $2000 in Gower's Field.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Or underworld could simply mean illegal activities. :) I'm excited for album 53!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Just to remind all of you people who think the idea of Connie marrying sounds pretty weird. The idea of Eugene marrying was pretty weird.

On a different note the green rings could be a new fad in Odyssey that is some how evil but because it's AIO it can never be as simple as that.

WootonB
Gold Member

Post by WootonB »

heres the official summary of the green ring conspiracy:

First, a backpack filled with money is found in Gower's Field; then, a mysterious man survives a nearby plane crash; and an underworld errand boy has possession of a special cell phone. This new adventure puts your kids' favorite Odyssey characters at the center of intrigue, suspense, and a scheme of international proportions!
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I agree with JesusFreak77 it is most likely a evil orginization. :yes: Here is my explanation:
When a mysterious man shows up in Odyssey, he starts making friends. Including Connie. Unbeknownst to them, he used to be a member of an evil organization called the underworld. The Underworld tried to kill him in the plane crash, but he survived. Knowing he would be killed soon, he gives his green ring to Connie. The green ring is the only thing that can stop the Underworld. Later when The Underworld goes looking for the green ring, they find the man, question him, and kill him. They go in search for Connie. While all of that happened, Connie figured out what happened, so she tries to stop the Underworld. Jason comes to help her. In the end, Connie defeats the Underworld, because: The green ring is the power of God.
~Mark Prescott~
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

hmm intresting.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I'm going to laugh when one of these summaries actually happens. Like, I'm not even kidding, I'm just going to roll on the floor in mirth-filled hystrionics.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Hm. I personally think--and I'm not trying to offend anybody here--that album 53 is not what the true Odyssey fan would like. The shows the writers come up with are just not what Odyssey used to be. The funny-serious-slapstick-personal feeling of the original episodes just aren't in the new albums. Sure there might be some good episodes, but Odyssey just isn't Odyssey anymore. I know some people think that a true Odyssey fan would/should/can/will adjust to the new episodes, but from what I think, Odyssey just isn't the same. True, things change, I agree, but this drastically in a short period of time? 2-3 years is a short timespan compared to 10-12, but things just don't change that much that fast, normally. I must sound like a real pessimistic, but I can have my opinion, correct? As I mentioned before, I am not trying to offend anybody and/or force my opinion on others. If I have offended somebody, please let me know via the PM system.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

We all know Odyssey's gotten less like it used to be, but you never know. They might get this one album back to how things used to be.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I agree with Tiger. Over the past years, Odyssey has dropped its standard, but I really think that there is a good chance they will get better.
~Mark Prescott~
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Album 52 has some good stuff to it so hopefully it will just roll over into album 53.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Here's a longer summary! Can't wait to hear it!

Centered in the town of Odyssey, the story starts when a backpack filled with money is found in Gower’s Field. Then a plane crashes outside town and a mysterious survivor is discovered who may be an undercover agent or part of a counterfeit ring—or something else altogether! Enter an underworld errand-boy who has a cell-phone full of secrets. And that’s just the beginning of The Green Ring Conspiracy, a special adventure that puts our favorite Odyssey characters at the center of intrigue, suspense, and a scheme of international proportions. New friends may not be who they seem. Old friends have secrets they must keep. Deception and double-crosses are the order of the day. Trust, loyalty, and faith are all put to the test.
The Green Ring Conspiracy is unlike any collection of stories found in Odyssey, yet still brings together the drama, fun, humor, and life-lessons audiences have come to expect from the show over the years.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Peachey Keen wrote:Old friends have secrets they must keep.[/i]
"Old friends"... let's hope one of these such characters is Jason. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Peachey Keen wrote: Enter an underworld errand-boy who has a cell-phone full of secrets.
Did anybody else think of PJ right away? \:D/ It probably isn't him, but as soon as I read "errand-boy" I thought of him. :lol: He does have a habit of popping up in odd places!

AE, I hope that Jason is one of the old friends, too! :D This sounds quite intriguing! I'm looking forward to this adventure.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The old friends are Regis and Richard Maxwell, CLEARLY! :x

Plus Bernard and Tom.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Well, it couldn't be Regis 'cause he died. (Unless there was a back-up disc for the "Regis Virus" O.o)
~Mark Prescott~
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

We could guess that the undercover agent is Jason then Whit and Connie have to keep it a secret.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Mark Prescott wrote:Well, it couldn't be Regis 'cause he died. (Unless there was a back-up disc for the "Regis Virus" O.o)
Obviously Regis killed his own brother and assumed his identity.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Guys, you might as well realize that it's not going to be Richard, Tom, Bernard, Regis, Edwin, PJ, or any other character that has appeared previously. There's going to be a bunch of new characters. (Well, maybe Richard will come back, but it's not likely.)
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

No, I disagree because they seem to be able to bring back people who are "dead" and it is incredibly hard to tell what the writers will do, also this could be the chairman or a NSA thing with Tasha, just because Jason's gone doesn't mean she is, and there is no way of telling what they will do. (In addition I doubt that they won't have any of those characters, there will be at least one probably)