World Cup

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Tomorrow... Brazil vs Netherlands. Who will win this one?
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Young&Mighty wrote:Tomorrow... Brazil vs Netherlands. Who will win this one?
BRAZIL ftw! \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

ric wrote:Um....Marvin is a Ghana fan! :noway:
:anxious: Well, sorry, Marvin.

I would love to see the Oranje take out Brazil, but I have a feeling those Brazilians will pull it out.... Although the Netherlands does have a star-studded squad. :-k Should be an interesting game.
Last edited by Aeva on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

A star studded sqaud intent on annihilating the pesky, dancing Brazilians. :badgrin: That should be fun.

VIVA LAS GHANA! \:D/

-- 02 Jul 2010 12:13 pm --

AND BRAZIL ARE OUT OF THE WORLD CUP!!!!!!! GET IN THERE YOU DUTCH!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!

-- 02 Jul 2010 05:24 pm --

Oh Ghana. :( Poor Gyan....... His teammates had to pick him up off the ground.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I almost can't believe Brazil is out.... I LOVE the Netherlands. :inlove:

I repeat, sorry to the Ghana fans, but Ghana got what it deserved for taking out my USA! :noway: Arriba Uruguay!! Although a penalty shoot-out was a cruel way to dump them out. I would have rather seen Uruguay win in regulation time.
Last edited by Aeva on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I was cheering for Argentina.... but then I saw how much better looking the German team was. So now I don't know who to cheer for.

I'm 1/2 Argentine and 3/8 German. Who to cheer for??!! I'll probably cheer for whoever wins. ;) Like always.

Yay! Germany won!! :D
I wore my official Germany jersey almost all the game! :D \:D/ =D>

(It's actually my brother's but he's not here today... )
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yay Germany... But poor Messi. He's the only one I felt sorry for, especially when he was standing around in shock after the final whistle. But I really felt bad for Ballack... Even though they're through to the semi finals, he had such a look of joy mixed with utter despair and desperation it made me want to cry. :(

But now I want to see an Uruguay/Paraguay final. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Termite wrote:Yay Germany... But poor Messi. He's the only one I felt sorry for, especially when he was standing around in shock after the final whistle. But I really felt bad for Ballack... Even though they're through to the semi finals, he had such a look of joy mixed with utter despair and desperation it made me want to cry. :(

:noway: Who wants Uruguay/Paraguay?! Viva la Spain!!! \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Marvin D. wrote:
Termite wrote:Yay Germany... But poor Messi. He's the only one I felt sorry for, especially when he was standing around in shock after the final whistle. But I really felt bad for Ballack... Even though they're through to the semi finals, he had such a look of joy mixed with utter despair and desperation it made me want to cry. :(

:noway: Who wants Uruguay/Paraguay?! Viva la Spain!!! \:D/
I do! Now that the USA is out.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Aw, poor Paraguay... Like them or not, the ref took them out of the Cup. :( If their disallowed goal had stood, it would have been a completely different game. That was the goal they were looking for. The kept striving off counter attacks. :( *sighs* Poor Paraguay.... Now I really want Holland to win.
Love you always, SnC
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

The refs have ruined the whole World Cup. I don't care if instant replay interrupts the flow of the game they need to have it.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Termite wrote:Aw, poor Paraguay... Like them or not, the ref took them out of the Cup. :( If their disallowed goal had stood, it would have been a completely different game. That was the goal they were looking for. The kept striving off counter attacks. :( *sighs* Poor Paraguay.... Now I really want Holland to win.
I'm 1/8th Dutch so I want either them or Germany to win!!! :)
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:The refs have ruined the whole World Cup. I don't care if instant replay interrupts the flow of the game they need to have it.
Referees are human. They make mistakes. It's Blatter's who is the real disgrace. Why didn't he allow replays to be used in the first place?
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

But to make such horrible mistakes at such a big stage... :shrugs: I'm still confused why Howard Webb hasn't reffed any. Is he only doing the final?

And Blatter is 'an old dinosaur', to quote journalists on SkySports.com. ;) However, he is going to bring it up in FIFA's next meeting..... >_>
Love you always, SnC
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Well, let's see....
My picks for the win were:

USA
France
Italy
Russia
All of those lost.

My picks for the loss were:
Mexico.
England.

The only reason that I wanted England to lose was because my brother-in-law is English,
& he has been bragging for months about how awesome they are, & yet they lost, & the
USA did much better!!!

Now that the World Cup is a little further on, I have firmly decided that I want Germany to win. I was cheering for
both them & Argentina, but now I am all for Germany!!! \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Well, Uruguay and Netherlands are playing in just a few minutes. Let's see who reaches the grand final!
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Germany all the way!!!!!! Goooo Germany!!!!!!! :thewave: (And, yes I'm not dumb I know Uraguay & Netherlands are playing right now, not Germany.)
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Mark Prescott~
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

I think no matter who wins the Germany and Spain game (they are playing each other right). They probably have a great chance to win so go Netherlands.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:The only reason that I wanted England to lose was because my brother-in-law is English,& he has been bragging for months about how awesome they are, & yet they lost, & the USA did much better!!!
Actually, USA was just as bad as England... >_> Unfortunately.

HAHAHA, URUGUAY!! YOUR REIGN OF TERROR HAS COME TO AN END!! :badgrin: I knew they couldn't compete with the best teams. I just knew it! They've had the easiest run of games in the knockout stages. COME ON YOU ORANJE!!!! \:D/ All the way! And I hope Howard Webb does the final. That will be decided after the game tomorrow or on Thursday. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I know I'll be eaten alive for this, but I must post it. \:D/
The World Cup is over for another 4 yrs. That may be enough time to destroy every last soccer ball so I never have to go through this again.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.