How many of us are PC users?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Pseudonym wrote:
Ingress Neverwhere wrote:I'm definitely a PC. In fact I just "graduated" from a desktop to a laptop over the weekend. My family also recently got a Macbook with my dad's frequent flier miles to more or less replaced the family PC downstairs. But I like my PC a lot better.

Not to mention, Windows Vista isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Though I ought to invest in one of those "Vista for Dummies" books...

-Kim
Vista problems were waaay too exaggerated, honestly. I haven't had any issues with my PC since I got it. \:D/

*loves PCs* \:D/
Yeah; the way the guy at American explained it was that it wasn't Microsoft's fault, it was all the software companies that they had sent Vista patches to that didn't get those patches installed until after Vista was released. My only gripe is that it didn't come with a decent picture editing program. My desktop has ArcSoft PhotoImpression 4, and I miss it. :(

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

Has anybody here tried out the Windows 7 Release Candidate? I have and it seems really solid. It can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft site.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

rickyderocher wrote:Has anybody here tried out the Windows 7 Release Candidate? I have and it seems really solid. It can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft site.
Isn't it still a beta? I used it, and wasn't very impressed. :boohoo:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
rickyderocher wrote:Has anybody here tried out the Windows 7 Release Candidate? I have and it seems really solid. It can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft site.
Isn't it still a beta? I used it, and wasn't very impressed. :boohoo:
How long ago did you use it? I ran a copy that was downloaded about a week ago, and it ran great.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I downloaded one but the only computer in our house that has a DVD drive and will support it is the main stable one.

It wouldn't boot from a DVD in a virtual machine either. :(