a new whit?

could it be?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

As long as Wooten is gone I don't care what the new Whit is like. \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:As long as Wooten is gone I don't care what the new Whit is like. \:D/
There's more truth to that than I can to admit. ;)
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

JesusFreak777 wrote: For the record, I did NOT speak unknowingly of anything I said here. While I cannot explain myself much further do know that I wouldnt have said something if I didnt know what I was talking about. :)

Bottom line, for reasons that ave not been made public yet, Paul has been replaced. It's sad but I do know there really was no other choice. :(

Also know that the team has been looking for another actor for whit for over a year if I am not mistaken, so planning has def gone into this. :)
I'm very sorry to hear this, he shall be greatly missed.
Bennett wrote:Hmm. Why wouldn't they tell us though? You'd think of all the things we might want to hear...this would definitely be one of them.
they didn't say anything about replacing whit the first time and it created alot of discussion and speculation, maybe they're just trying to do the same thing?
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Reddo wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:
Bennett wrote:Hmm. Why wouldn't they tell us though? You'd think of all the things we might want to hear...this would definitely be one of them.
they didn't say anything about replacing whit the first time and it created alot of discussion and speculation, maybe they're just trying to do the same thing?
Weird, cause they did.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I can say that we will find out some info this summer. Wether they will give us all the detail on this I can't say. I do wonder how good the voice matching will be.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Ok so now that I accidentally said more than I meant to, I do have another couple comments.

First off, isn't it possible that the team didn't tell us right away because they WANTED it to be a surprise( think Eugene's return for one)

Secondly, in regard to the comment about listeners having the right to know things in advance - uhm no we don't. Sorry I don't mean to be rude here and I am including myself in this statement. What right do we have to know things in advance? NONE! We are the listeners meaning we get the pleasure of everyone else's hard work. It seems very selfish to me for us to demand or even assume we have the right to know things whenever we want to know it. That isn't our job. Instead, we should trust the writers, producers, and directors to let us know this information when the time is right. They are creating the material, not us. That means THEY know when it's best for us to know things. Odd tangent here, but I feel like this merits a Bible parallel. It's like us trying to figure out God's plan for our lives. We may want to know everything in advance, but it isn't our place to know. He will show us in HIS timing the parts that HE wants us to see and everything will be the better for it. Same with the Odyssey crew. :)

Have a little more faith people. :)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I wonder if the same-aged Whit will be portrayed regularly, or if a different time in his life will be shown to us. I would think that finding a duplicate of Mr. Whitaker's current voice would be just as difficult as it was back in 1994.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Shawndlay wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:Bottom line, for reasons that ave not been made public yet, Paul has been replaced. It's sad but I do know there really was no other choice. :(
I'm very sorry to hear this. :( I appreciate all the years Paul has put into this, traveling about 1,000 miles by train to all the recording sessions.
Wow, I didn't know that he wasn't able to fly to them.

I feel bad for Paul, but I could actually like this change in voice actors if they were able to find someone even more like Hal Smith (impossible, I know. :().

Like Top, I never could totally fully accept Paul as the new Whit, though.

Jeremy
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Ok so now that I accidentally said more than I meant to, I do have another couple comments.

First off, isn't it possible that the team didn't tell us right away because they WANTED it to be a surprise( think Eugene's return for one)

Secondly, in regard to the comment about listeners having the right to know things in advance - uhm no we don't. Sorry I don't mean to be rude here and I am including myself in this statement. What right do we have to know things in advance? NONE! We are the listeners meaning we get the pleasure of everyone else's hard work. It seems very selfish to me for us to demand or even assume we have the right to know things whenever we want to know it. That isn't our job. Instead, we should trust the writers, producers, and directors to let us know this information when the time is right. They are creating the material, not us. That means THEY know when it's best for us to know things. Odd tangent here, but I feel like this merits a Bible parallel. It's like us trying to figure out God's plan for our lives. We may want to know everything in advance, but it isn't our place to know. He will show us in HIS timing the parts that HE wants us to see and everything will be the better for it. Same with the Odyssey crew. :)

Have a little more faith people. :)
:-k

That's so true.

*Stops trying as hard to try to figure out what album 51 is about*

Thank You

Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Jeremy wrote:
Shawndlay wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:Bottom line, for reasons that ave not been made public yet, Paul has been replaced. It's sad but I do know there really was no other choice. :(
I'm very sorry to hear this. :( I appreciate all the years Paul has put into this, traveling about 1,000 miles by train to all the recording sessions.
Wow, I didn't know that he wasn't able to fly to them.
He was doing research for his character, and for most of Whit's life, he couldn't fly. All they had during the Seven Years' War were trains.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

JesusFreak777 wrote:First off, isn't it possible that the team didn't tell us right away because they WANTED it to be a surprise( think Eugene's return for one)
Than why would Paul McCusker put it on his website?

I wonder if they had this in mind when Paul Herlinger made his surprise appearence at the live show.

Overall, I'm;

1. Shocked
2. Saddened
3. Excited
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
)
But that was the SAME actor.
I'm just annoyed there replacing him.
I have loved both Whits. Hal a little better than Paul.
But I don't think its right to keep replacing a characters voice.
I'm sorry.
But this is very upsetting for me.
I am still very mad at it.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I can see why they kept it a secret this long. We have trusted the writers before and we should do so now.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

OK,now to put up my opinion.

When I first heard Odyssey,it probably had Hal in it.I didn't really know that Whit was played by 2 actors.From what I've heard,Hal was a dear man and Paul is probably the same.Even though Paul didn't have the old Whit's laugh,and sorta gravely voice,I liked him.

Paul has been on longer than Hal but no one can truly replace Hal.I'm sad to hear this,but at least they're planning ahead more than they did with the last Whit actor.I hope that they'll still use Paul on shows like BTV and Kids Radio with different voices.

So,I just want to say,Thank you Paul Herlinger for being Whit and giving us so much pleasure.I'll miss you very much!

I just hope that they find a better voice match than for Bart's.
Odyssey will survive for a long while and I'll still listen even with changes.

Off topic,This has got to be my longest post! \:D/

Post by 31899 »

All I have to Say is;
the Unofficial Podcast wrote: Rose coloured glasses
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Haha and the continual aging... :lol:
The Top Crusader wrote:He should be a WWI veteran instead of WWII! \:D/
Shawndlay wrote:And Top, I thought Whit fought in the Civil War? :-k
KODY 105 wrote:He fought in the War of 1812 against the English. He was one of the flag-raisers at Ft. McHenry I thought.JK
Shawndlay wrote:I am glad to hear that the AIO team still considers Whit an important part of the cast, even if he did come over with the Pilgrims.
I'm sure this was a well-considered decision. The AIO team, as the listeners, really place Whit as the heart of the show, and I know they wouldn't take an action such as this lightly.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Peachey Keen wrote:OK,now to put up my opinion.

When I first heard Odyssey,it probably had Hal in it.I didn't really know that Whit was played by 2 actors.From what I've heard,Hal was a dear man and Paul is probably the same.Even though Paul didn't have the old Whit's laugh,and sorta gravely voice,I liked him.

Paul has been on longer than Hal but no one can truly replace Hal.I'm sad to hear this,but at least they're planning ahead more than they did with the last Whit actor.I hope that they'll still use Paul on shows like BTV and Kids Radio with different voices.

So,I just want to say,Thank you Paul Herlinger for being Whit and giving us so much pleasure.I'll miss you very much!

I just hope that they find a better voice match than for Bart's.
Odyssey will survive for a long while and I'll still listen even with changes.

Off topic,This has got to be my longest post! \:D/
Agreed he's been a great whit.
Still bubbling with anger.
this is so sad and agrevating.(see username)
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Probably why they're releasing the album first... :-k so that the scarring and the horror of the new season won't disrupt our buying trend.

Post by 31899 »

How do we know that the actor doesn't sound more like Hal.

Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Wait a minute.

Do we even know for sure if Paul is being replaced? No, it could be entirely different than what we envision.