KING KONG *trailer!*

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I thought that everything in the movie (besides the use of the Lords name in vein) should have been exactly the way it was. It was a exellent movie! The dino scenes were my favorite!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

We went to see it yesterday. Special effects were great, the acting was pretty good, but I thought that it was just OKAY. I hate to say it... But I wasn't all that impressed. I mean... Jack Black ruined it for me, really. I couldn't take him seriously, especially during the serious parts. :P He is good for comedies, but action or whatever isn't his genre.

Plus, I was totally freaked out by those island people. "She doesn't want the chocolate!" :P Jack Black just didn't listen! ;)

Overall, I'd only give it 3 stars out of 5.

Sarah
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Sarah wrote:But I wasn't all that impressed. I mean... Jack Black ruined it for me, really. I couldn't take him seriously, especially during the serious parts. :P He is good for comedies, but action or whatever isn't his genre.
Interesting, I don't think I've EVER been disappointed by something by Jack Black... but I haven't seen Kong yet :-k
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

The "man-eating bugs" scene was in the original King Kong, but was cut do to the test audience actually puking.

But good old Peter Jackson brings it right back! Gruesome deaths for all! \:D/

And about the language, none of it bothered me at all. If I could change it, I wouldn't.
Sarah wrote:We went to see it yesterday. Special effects were great, the acting was pretty good, but I thought that it was just OKAY. I hate to say it... But I wasn't all that impressed. I mean... Jack Black ruined it for me, really. I couldn't take him seriously, especially during the serious parts. :P He is good for comedies, but action or whatever isn't his genre.

Plus, I was totally freaked out by those island people. "She doesn't want the chocolate!" :P Jack Black just didn't listen! ;)

Overall, I'd only give it 3 stars out of 5.

Sarah
First of all, I think Jack Black did an excellent job and I was surprised at how well he took the role.

Secondly, being "freaked out by those island people" is nothing that should have a "Plus," before it, when previously referring to a negative aspect of the film. AKA, you're supposed to be freaked out by them and I really hope that you don't think that being freaked out by them was a negative aspect, when it was in fact good movie-making.