AIO Live Show in Colorado Springs

Aug 16, 2008

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will you go to the live show recording?

Yes
24%
Probably, there's a good chance
4%
Maybe, there's an ok chance
7%
Probably not, but there's a longshot chance
26%
No
39%

Total votes: 72

JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Jonathan wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Just to recap... is there anyone else beside Jonathan, Hope, and Punkindoodle going? \:D/
JF
Yeah sheesh! Thanks a lot Trent for forgetting your own COHOST! :mecry:

Anyway, when we get he group finalized, Trent and I have been volunteered to look into setting up a lunch for all of us web people to meet and possibly get to meet some AIO staff like Nathan as well. Yes Chris, that's what oyu get for forgetting me - you get volunteered to help organize something BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Also Me + sis might be coming and maybe Jessicado but haven't heard on them for a bit.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I took you for granted... cause duh, I knew you were going to be there. ;)
JesusFreak777 wrote:Anyway, when we get he group finalized, Trent and I have been volunteered to look into setting up a lunch for all of us web people to meet and possibly get to meet some AIO staff like Nathan as well. Yes Chris, that's what oyu get for forgetting me - you get volunteered to help organize something BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
What?! You never told me about this! Nobody ever tells me anything! :mecry:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Jonathan wrote:I ordered tickets today--we (we being me, Hope, my brother, and a friend [woot, road trip!]) are going to the 10:30 am show.
Where did you order the tickets? Since when have they been available?
Trent DeWhite wrote:Just to recap... is there anyone else beside Jonathan, Hope, and Punkindoodle going? \:D/
LizzieG is planning on it (page 2). Right now, people in my family are open to it, but so far no plans have been made.
JesusFreak777 wrote:Anyway, when we get he group finalized, Trent and I have been volunteered to look into setting up a lunch for all of us web people to meet and possibly get to meet some AIO staff like Nathan as well. Yes Chris, that's what oyu get for forgetting me - you get volunteered to help organize something BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
That'd be awesome!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Taq wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I ordered tickets today--we (we being me, Hope, my brother, and a friend [woot, road trip!]) are going to the 10:30 am show.
Where did you order the tickets? Since when have they been available?
I found out how on Facebook, so I don't know how long it's been available.

Call 1-800-A-FAMILY to order. You'll need to know what show you're going to (1030 or 300), how many to order, and a credit or debit card number handy.
Taq wrote:
That'd be awesome!
There's the understatement of the mellinium \:D/ Seriously, that would be insanely fun--as if I wasn't looking forward to this enough as it was \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Thanks for the info, Jonathan!
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

the lunch would be amazing!!! i would enjoy that so much being able to meet all of you...

everyone should go to the 1030 show...
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I am seriously considering going. Please convince me that I must go.

:inlove:
Hope

Post by Hope »

you should go frank!!!! its once in a lifetime opportunity, plus youll meet a lot of us... :D
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Taq is right; I am planning on going. As a matter of fact, I am definitely going, though I haven't worked out the logistics yet. I'm so excited! :D
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Hope wrote:you should go frank!!!! its once in a lifetime opportunity, plus youll meet a lot of us... :D
Yes, yes, I know, it's everything that I've ever dreamed of, and I spend two or three years of my life on the ToO dreaming about what it would be like to meet a bunch of ToOers at Colorado Springs (I mean, who wouldn't want to finally meet their own administrative partner? :inlove:)...

... :-k
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Frank, why wouldn't you go if you're able?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Frank, if you're indeed free, go! Seriously, it's going to be a blast \:D/
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

I don't know if it would be worth it - I still love AIO, but I'm not as much of a fan as I used to be (My live was defined by AIO and the ToO for over the last half of my highschool years.). I wish that I had kept up with the show during the past two years. :(
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Frank wrote:I don't know if it would be worth it - I still love AIO, but I'm not as much of a fan as I used to be (My live was defined by AIO and the ToO for over the last half of my highschool years.). I wish that I had kept up with the show during the past two years. :(
Then this is a great opportunity to get back in the groove.

Besides, even if you're not as big a fan as you used to be, who knows how long it'll be before this number of ToOers are in the same place at the same time again?
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Jonathan wrote:
Frank wrote:I don't know if it would be worth it - I still love AIO, but I'm not as much of a fan as I used to be (My live was defined by AIO and the ToO for over the last half of my highschool years.). I wish that I had kept up with the show during the past two years. :(
Then this is a great opportunity to get back in the groove.

Besides, even if you're not as big a fan as you used to be, who knows how long it'll be before this number of ToOers are in the same place at the same time again?
That's the other doubt in my mind. :anxious:

Is it worth it to pay $600+ for a trip to see and meet people that I met on the internet? Aaaah! I wish that I wasn't so Asian and frugal sometimes...then I would have no hesitations about going. :mecry:

I just got parental permission (of sorts)...this sounds promising.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yay, LizzieG is going! And Taq, you definitely must start making plans. :noway:

I understand the financial cost can certainly be a deterrent, Frank. But for me, there are simply way too many incentives to go. The first of which is the fact that this is a live recording of a show that I have listened to for over a dozen years. Off the top of my head, they've only ever done this two or three times in their twenty-one year history. The second reason for going to this event is the fact that this event precedes the dreaded hiatus. Getting to meet the writers, actors, and actresses is another incentive for attending. Those three factors alone are enough to justify the $700+ expenditure. The fact that I'll have a chance to meet my fellow ToOsies is just icing on the cake. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

According to Facebook, Corey is also going.
Trent DeWhite wrote:Off the top of my head, they've only ever done this two or three times in their twenty-one year history.
Three times to be exact, though one really wasn't a public event I don't think.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

So that brings the total number of attending ToO'ers to seven. \:D/

-Jonathan
-Hope
-LizzieG
-Punkindoodle
-JesusFreak777
-Corey
-Me
Hope

Post by Hope »

yes sir... and frank hey my other brother listens very little to AIO and he is still going... so i think it would be worth it
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

For the record, about the lunch nothing is set in stone and it was just an idea thrown out there. I may have spoken out of turn to mention it here so early. This may be in the works but at the moment it is nothing more than idea.

forgive me for speaking out of turn and getting hopes up. :(
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.