first harry potter 5 stills released

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Marisol Delko Caine wrote:I liked it, but They did cut things out that where confusing if you didn't read the book. Like when Fred and George left the school, they made it look great, but in the book, they had a swamp and it was so funny for Dolores Umbridge. I think they did well on this one, even if they screwed up on the Centeruan thing. Umbridge made them mad for some reason *needs to read book again!*. But Harry's line "I must not tell lies" was hilarious!!! I can't wait to get it on DVD. They did the beginning a little differently from the book, most definite, and they did a little bit bad in the ministry of Magic with Voldemort and Bumbledore, but it looked awesome. Ralph Fiennes is a really good Voldemort. Awesome! And they missed half of the fight between the death eaters and the group. And when the Prophecy smashed, that is when you could hear what it said, but in the movie, they had it so that you heard it, and then it smashed. Not exactly right.

And isaccthepianoplayer, your right! "You've got to admit Dumbledore has style" was a good line, along with "I must not tell lies".

Another thing, Cho didn't spill about the DA, at least I don't think so. I thought it was another girl from like Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw(I forget which house Cho is in in the first place) And Umbridge didn't make them write lines, and even though I knew there was no quiditch, when Fred, George, and Harry get their brooms taken, that's when Fred and George leave the school. And I thought at least one time during the book, Harry got to use the fireplace and talk to Sirius or Kreatcher, which made Harry go to the ministry! Now that was another mistake in that movie.

Oh, well, it was good and I enjoyed it. Though I think they could have done just a little better.

Last note: Cho and Harry kissing was WOW!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think it would go like that, and those two where nervious when they had to shoot it. That was awesome though! And half gross!
Ya *about the whole fred an george thing* in the book it was supposed to be a distraction so that Harry could use the Floo Network in Ulmbridges office because the rest of the fireplaces in Hogwarts were bein watched.

I have to admit that the kiss was a little long. But I thought it was so cute when they were in the common room talkin about it later an then hermoine was sayin all of the stuff that Cho might be feeling.

I was kinda upset about how they didnt show how big of a part that Neville had with the fight at the ministry, because I have a very strong feeling that he's goin to have a rly big part in the last book. And I wish that they would have shown Ginney a little more, because she has gotten so strong, an her strength will be a big deal in the last book.
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

yeah, the kiss was kind of long, and i was starting to get jealous...
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Mrs. Sirius Black wrote:yeah, the kiss was kind of long, and i was starting to get jealous...
lol im prolly gunna get jealous in the next movie, when Ron strts kissing that one girl in like every scene :noway:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

isaacplaysthepiano wrote:
Mrs. Sirius Black wrote:yeah, the kiss was kind of long, and i was starting to get jealous...
lol im prolly gunna get jealous in the next movie, when Ron strts kissing that one girl in like every scene :noway:
Ha? Wait....Hermione? WAit? *Needs to go home, grab the 6th book, and read!* Wait, ha?

and Mrs. Sirius Black, jealous? Radcliffe (this is my opinion) is starting to get, well, not cute. Rupert Grint it so the cute one! And perfect for Hermione(Emma Watson!)
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Here's why I liked it. I hate the book! OotP is the Harry Potter equivalant of The Two Towers. It's long, It's capslock Harry all the time. Pulled off of my post in the Leaky Lounge:

What did you think of it?

I thought it is the best so far. I do admit some of the edits were rough, but they cut the right stuff.(my sister's friend says 10 chapters) There are two things at play in OotP a lot of the story takes place in Harry's head. It is very psychological. The other driving force is the political atmosphere is changing. In the ministry fight scene I noticed the nod to Citizan Kane (whether intentional or unintentional) with the huge picture of Fudge.

The other thing I liked was how they did Sirius talking in the fireplace. It looked a lot more like I had pictured it in the book.

What do you wish they would of added
?

I was kind of expecting a little more of an explanation of the prophecy but I can understand why they cut it. In the next movie, for those who don't read the books, they would have had to explain it again anyway. I fully expect the next movie to explain more about the prophecy. Since chronologically speaking the book takes place two weeks after the end of Order of the Phoenix.

What do you wish they didn't add?

can't think of anything really.

Did it follow the book closely?

This movie as done an excellent job at following the text. In fact I think this is movie has utilized more dialog from the text than any other movie.

Who was your favorite character?

Luna was such a sweet heart. Umbridge was nastily nice. I have to admit I liked Bellatrix. As a side note JKR approves every screen play so it has to get her stamp of approval before they get into the filming process.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Thursday Next wrote: I have to admit I liked Bellatrix.
Yeah, she was awesome, just like the book.

but, How can you have hated the book!!!! It was the best one yet!! :-s
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I agree with Thursday Next, at least for the most part. I didn't hate OoTP, but it was my least favorite book. Thus, the little deviations from the book didn't bother me as much as they have in some of the previous movies. I thought the movie was well done, and did a good job at converting an 800+ page book into a 2 hour movie. I liked the new character additions, and, I'll admit, I'm glad Harry and Ron have shorter hair again :D
FrayedAroundTheEdges

LizzieG wrote:I agree with Thursday Next, at least for the most part. I didn't hate OoTP, but it was my least favorite book. Thus, the little deviations from the book didn't bother me as much as they have in some of the previous movies. I thought the movie was well done, and did a good job at converting an 800+ page book into a 2 hour movie. I liked the new character additions, and, I'll admit, I'm glad Harry and Ron have shorter hair again :D
HAHA I LUUUV RON SHORT HAIR!!! *it shows off his beautious face :p*
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

harry looked kind of stupid with short hair. In the books it always says his hair was messed up and out of place. all through OotP, his hair was IN place, and wasn't even long enough to be messed up!! PoA hair was the perfect length.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Maybe it was too short... I just think that it was too long in GOF and was glad to see that that was changed for this movie. (I can't believe I'm writing a post about Harry's hair! :anxious: )
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

The hair I can live with. Did you see the Weasly boys looked when Ginny destroyed that death eater dummy
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I too felt it was rushed. not to mention mixed up like crazy. like the family tree being so late in the movie. Another thing I didnt care for was the lady who played Mrs Figg, she just seemed to me like a nice old lady nothign like how they described her in the book. then yet the opening scene just seemd liek the voices were off, thought it could just be wher eI saw it.

I wished they made it longer, I mena if people are willing to sit through a 3 hour movie that bores me to death then they could lest make one that would keep my interest.

I loved Luna in this movie, she's cool and cute. I think Hagrid got the short end of the stick in this movie.

I think they should just take their time with these movies I mean sure the kids are growing up quickly but still thats no reason to fast forward through the rest of the movies.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

The thing is, particularly with this book, you have to condense a 900 page book into a movie. For the most part they kept the Key events in the order they occurred in the book, but it didn't hurt the story to have it moved later in the movie so it would be easier for people to make the connections. The movie was actually 2 1/2 hours it's just that the hardcore fans wanted a longer movie. The other thing that you always run into with adaptations is that some things in the book simply do not translate well to the screen. As for Hagrid getting the short end of the stick in this movie he did in the book as well, so there's not much different there.
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Marisol Delko Caine wrote:
isaacplaysthepiano wrote:
Ha? Wait....Hermione? WAit? *Needs to go home, grab the 6th book, and read!* Wait, ha?

and Mrs. Sirius Black, jealous? Radcliffe (this is my opinion) is starting to get, well, not cute. Rupert Grint it so the cute one! And perfect for Hermione(Emma Watson!)
NOO her name is Lavendar Brown YAY I LUUUV RUPERT > His hair looks so much better shirt < *it shows off his beautifull face!!* =P
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

With much excitement I purchased my ticket the other evening to the one and only showing of "Harry Potter" in Rome. I was assured of subtitles, but alas, the film was dubbed.

There was something distinctly unsatisfying about hearing Mrs. Weasley exclaim "Multo Benè bambini!" on several occasions. Distinctly.
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Sherlock Holmes wrote:With much excitement I purchased my ticket the other evening to the one and only showing of "Harry Potter" in Rome. I was assured of subtitles, but alas, the film was dubbed.

There was something distinctly unsatisfying about hearing Mrs. Weasley exclaim "Multo Benè bambini!" on several occasions. Distinctly.
haha and what the heck does that mean?