Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I have a nice, long weekend ahead of me. (most of which I will spend cleaning my apartment from top to bottom... :- ) I did have to check the calendar again this morning, though, since I really couldn't believe it and was ready to race out the door. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

yay for cleaning apartments :)

I go home today \:D/ yayers! I do need to pack though heh :anxious: (and i leave in a couple hours)
Last edited by Shennifer on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I made Laura's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins today \:D/ they were delicious \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Wearing my Doctor Who shirt turned out to be awesome because there were two security people who are fans of that show. I high fived one and the other asked me if I have figured out why the Tardis is bigger on the inside. \:D/ that was cool.

Waiting in the airport for my flight to take off. feels surreal to be going home. :)

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I'm at the apple store on an iPad mini. Holy cow this thing is light small and tiny in that amazing sort of way. It's like a kindle fire or a nook - but way more expensive.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Graces4you wrote:I made Laura's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins today \:D/ they were delicious \:D/
Yay! \:D/ Glad you liked them - I love that recipe! :D

I made it safely to the northern land of Connecticut. It was a long day of driving! Our rental SUV was really nice though - it even had a DVD screen in the back, so Watson and I watched Up in the afternoon. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Thanksgiving leftovers and hot chocolate.

It's these little things. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

I made Laura's Pumpkin Pie Fudge on Wednesday! I actually cooked it too long - I cooked it to firm ball stage instead of soft ball stage. I had trouble stirring it all together after that, but with Dad's help, I pressed it into the pan and let it set overnight. Yesterday I took it to my relative's house for Thanksgiving, and people loved it! Thanks so much for the recipe, Laura! :)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Thanksgiving was very chill; just me and family and my sister's friend. We ate dinner and watched a movie.
Today we all went to town and got ice cream and I went to a an exhibit for art class; that was fun :)

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Wow I haven't been on here for a really long time. School, work, and district band has made my schedule crazy.

Sort of as a catch-up, I participated in the Indiana District band two weekends ago. It was a blast. I got to play with 5 other tubas. The most prior to that was just me and another tuba. The bass section was so full; a totally awesome experience.

As for school its going pretty well. We are into are second 9 weeks. Last nine weeks I ended up with an 11.8/12 GPA excluding my two online classes. (with the online classes I had a 12.3/12 for the nine weeks (I love AP Classes)) I am still trying to better my GPA but I don't think I can become Valedictorian. I am now; however, a college student as next semester I will be taking Psychology for duel credit at Indiana Wesleyan University. Its a pretty neat option, I actually drive to the campus about 30 minutes away for 1st period and actually take it on the campus. Though today I just realized a dilemma for next year (I'll be a senior). That dilemma is that my school announces the Valedictorian and Salutatorian halfway through second semester but online and College are not included until the end of the semester. So yes I could be announced as Salutatorian and actually end up being Valedictorian without getting anything for it. That has me doing a lot of thinking. I have two open spots outside of the following schedule:
1. Band (2 semesters)
2. AP English (2 semesters)
3. AP Calculus (2 semesters)
4. AP Chemistry (2 semesters)
5. AP World History (2 semesters)
6. ?
7. ?

I have several options. However for online and college classes I am more than likely restricted to 1 semester. I could take AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics, and AP Government (all 1 semester online), take Sociology and Speech (1 semester each) at IWU (the college for duel credit) or take an AP Economy and AP Government (1 semester each) at a local high school (so it probably would count for a second semester class).

So that's my dilemma. I could take one of the online classes during the summer but I am already taking AP Biology during the summer.

So there is a way to detailed description of my life. :)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Sunshine wrote:I made Laura's Pumpkin Pie Fudge on Wednesday! I actually cooked it too long - I cooked it to firm ball stage instead of soft ball stage. I had trouble stirring it all together after that, but with Dad's help, I pressed it into the pan and let it set overnight. Yesterday I took it to my relative's house for Thanksgiving, and people loved it! Thanks so much for the recipe, Laura! :)
Oh, you're welcome! :D I'm glad it still was good, even if it was harder than you wanted. :P The first 2 times I made it, I cooked it waaaaaay too long...it was basically inedible. ;)

I have had a great time visiting my relatives here in Connecticut! Long trip home tomorrow....
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I braved the black friday craziness and went shopping this morning :thud: I didn't go until later in the morning, but it was still pretty crazy out there. On the plus side, I got all of my Christmas shopping that I needed to do out of the way, and got a nice pair of boots for really cheap :P
Last edited by Jesus' Princess on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I look outside, and a blanket of snow covers the neighborhood. The first snowfall. I sigh in contentment. What a beautiful day.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:That dilemma is that my school announces the Valedictorian and Salutatorian halfway through second semester but online and College are not included until the end of the semester. So yes I could be announced as Salutatorian and actually end up being Valedictorian without getting anything for it. )
Just saying, being Valedictorian isn't that big of a deal. It would be awesome if you were, Valedictorian, but it really doesn't matter down the road. I still hope you are! :)

My life is just boring and full of school. I don't think that I'm going to have to go grocery shopping until I go home for Christmas!! :)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm back home! \:D/ Woot for Virginia! I hope we can get up our Christmas tree and decorations tomorrow or this coming week - it doesn't seem the same around here when our traditional day-after-Thanksgiving trim the tree party is skipped. :(
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Just got back from the ER... I burned my fingers on a pan I thought was cool but wasn't. Yay for being too proactive in cleaning the concessions trailer! \:D/ I did get a narcotic, though... first time for that. Made me weirdly happy.

I'm gonna go make some cookies, now.
Last edited by Termite on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I hope your fingers recover quickly, Termite :)

I go back to school tomorrow (or really, later today for me lol). Need to try and finish strong. *deep breath*

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Shennifer wrote:Wearing my Doctor Who shirt turned out to be awesome because there were two security people who are fans of that show. I high fived one and the other asked me if I have figured out why the Tardis is bigger on the inside. \:D/ that was cool.
Haha, I wore my Who shirt when my family went to Alabama last week, and the waitress and gas station cashier person both mentioned that they were fans. We Whovians have to stick together!

Termite, I am praying that your fingers heal quickly. :( Hope you're better soon!

And I'm pretty excited right now. I got elected Student Council president, and got the extra few points on the ACT that I needed!
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Termite wrote:Just got back from the ER... I burned my fingers on a pan I thought was cool but wasn't. Yay for being too proactive in cleaning the concessions trailer! \:D/ I did get a narcotic, though... first time for that. Made me weirdly happy.
That's methed up.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

It's your posts, Dan, that make me wish the Like button was installed. :(
It's been awhile, hasn't it?