Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

In response to the Witch commentary, I would have to say the Tilda did a very good job but NO ONE can compare to Barbara Kellerman (the actress who played the White Witch in the BBC version)

In response to whether Prince Caspian is/will be made. The studio is waiting on the performance on this one. They see Narina in the same light as Lemony Snicketts. If Narnia fails to execute like LS, then they certainly will not invest in another movie. However, if the film has long legs (that is, it is still making decent money several months later (like May or so) then it's a good bet they will make another one. To put things in perspective, The Fellowship of the Ring was still making good money well into July.

Now whether it will be Prince Caspian or the Magician's Nephew is debatable...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

STRYPER wrote:
Now whether it will be Prince Caspian or the Magician's Nephew is debatable...
Apparently they want to make Prince Caspian so they can still use the same child actors before they all grow up. I've heard that the first draft of the Caspian script as been written.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

That does make sense...

I sure hope they use Tilda Swinton as the hag and the Green Lady (like BBC did) and of course Jadis...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

The last good movie I saw was National treasure sooo...... I thought Tilda Swinton did a SMASH-UP job of being the White Witch! I'm crossing my fingers for the next 6!

The kids were fantastic as well.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Last edited by Aram on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Alright, I've been avoiding this thread until I got to see the movie myself. (Yes, I HAVE read the books.)

We just got back from the theatre. It was really good! I thought I remembered the book being a little darker though, and less kiddie in parts. :-k

Anyway, they made everything work brilliantly!

Now I have a crush on Susan.. :inlove: :wink:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just finally saw it yesterday, and enjoyed it immensely! I can see what some people have mentioned about the lack of blood - I don't like gore, but when Peter kills the wolf, at least a hint of something reddish would have been appropriate. ;) Overall, I really enjoyed it, and though there were some differences from the book, and some scenes that I wish had been in there, it was still good!

Similiarly (kind of) to Captain Jack, I left the theatre with a crush on Peter. :inlove: *joins Frank's Peter fan club* \:D/
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

My favorite was Lucy \:D/

but I didn't walk out with a crush on her :shock:

I wouldn't mind being her uncle though ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Tinuviel
Found
Location: Here or there- but isn't here just there without the t??

Post by Tinuviel »

STRYPER wrote:My favorite was Lucy \:D/
Lucy was great! I'm still not sure what I think of Mr. Tumnus though- I want to see the movie again. :D
Only one life twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ twill last;
And when I am dying how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burnt out for Thee!
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

For some reason I didn't post here when I saw it, which was the day after it came into theaters... of yes... it was because I didn't get on AT ALL hardly after then, up until now.

So let me say, without getting into specifics or writing up a whole review...

NARNIA ROCKED!

Pure and simple.

My favorite movie of all time, if I was critical about it I'd say some other movies I've seen were made better, but this movie just draws you in, if you let it. Kept perfectly to my vision of how the book would look. Can't wait for Prince Caspian to come out!

-JC

SUPER JEREMYCARTWOOD!!
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Tinuviel wrote:
STRYPER wrote:My favorite was Lucy \:D/
Lucy was great! I'm still not sure what I think of Mr. Tumnus though- I want to see the movie again. :D
TUMNUS ROCKED! I want to see it again too! The whole movie ROCKED! Peter was totally AWESOME!
Catspaw wrote:
Similiarly (kind of) to Captain Jack, I left the theatre with a crush on Peter. :inlove:
:wow: :shocking: :mad: :thud: Give me a break!
C. S. Lewis is turning in his grave!
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I, too, thought that James McAvoy who played Mr. Tumnus did a fantastic job. It was a first for me to think of Tumnus as young. I (as well as BBC and FOTF) had envisioned Tumnus as a much older faun. Making him young appearently worked quite well :D
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eugenefan23 wrote:
Catspaw wrote: Similiarly (kind of) to Captain Jack, I left the theatre with a crush on Peter. :inlove:
I highly doubt that the fact that I thought that the actor who played Peter was cute will cause C.S.Lewis any consternation at all. :-s He's too young for me anyway, I'm sure. ;)

I'd love to see the movie again before it comes out on DVD, because it was great! :D
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Eugenefan23 wrote:
Catspaw wrote: Similiarly (kind of) to Captain Jack, I left the theatre with a crush on Peter. :inlove:
Ditto!

Lol.

:thud:

I wouldn't mind seeing Narnia...ai...my parents have STILL not said anything about going... :sigh: I WANT TO GO SO BAD!!

:cry:
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Head over to http://www.narniaweb.com for two more BTS videos!
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

...and in going over there I saw this wonderful announcement about Prince Caspian \:D/

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=705&dl=7532925
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Im watching CoN:tLtWatW as we speak.
Agent Robert Mitchell
Smile for the camera

Post by Agent Robert Mitchell »

Really? Cool...in theaters or renting? I didn't think the rentals would be out yet.
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
--C. S. Lewis

I have to, unfortunately. -_-
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

STRYPER wrote:...and in going over there I saw this wonderful announcement about Prince Caspian \:D/

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=705&dl=7532925

oh, yeah!!!! *dances* \:D/

I wonder who's going to play Prince Caspian? He'd better be as cute as the last one.... ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I was very good and didn't look at any of the posts on this page about the movie...

I just dropped in to say - WE'RE GOING TO SEE IT TONIGHT!!! Yay! Then I can come and read the pages of discussion on it and add my own thoughts. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Agent Robert Mitchell wrote:Really? Cool...in theaters or renting? I didn't think the rentals would be out yet.
bit....torrent...