Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I got a new phone. It's really confusing though... I guess I'm just not smart enough for a smart phone...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Anna><> wrote:
Catspaw wrote:On an even more random note, today I tried Tim Hortons frozen raspberry lemonade on the recommendation of my best friend, and it was quite good. :yes: If you're Canadian or an American who lives near one of those lovely US Tim Hortons, you should give it a try. The small is only a dollar. \:D/ (Plus tax, I assume. I got an ice capp at the same time, so I didn't really pay attention.)
It's sooo yummy!!!! I got one a couple days ago. The chicken salad wraps are pretty good too. When I get ice caps I always get them with chocolate milk cause they're better that way.

Oh hey guys. It's snowing. And hailing. And thundering.
I tried a BBQ chicken wrap today for the first time, but I haven't had the chicken salad wrap. One of these days I'll have to try one! I have had three ice capps this year so far and I had all of them with chocolate milk. I agree that they're the best that way!

I have lightning right now (or at least half an hour ago when I got home), but no thunder, snow, hail, or rain...yet. ;)
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Catspaw wrote:I tried a BBQ chicken wrap today for the first time, but I haven't had the chicken salad wrap. One of these days I'll have to try one! I have had three ice capps this year so far and I had all of them with chocolate milk. I agree that they're the best that way!

I have lightning right now (or at least half an hour ago when I got home), but no thunder, snow, hail, or rain...yet. ;)
I had the BBQ chicken wrap a year ago and I thought it was pretty good. I only got the chicken salad one because it was cheaper and I didn't have a lot of money left on my gift card.
I rarely have ice capps because I have such a low caffeine tolerance but they're amazing. Last time I went to Timmies I just got 3 timbits because I was being cheap.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

My friend and I got a free donut for singing to them. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Sapphire wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:You're always to the point, never rowdy, have the ability to ignore the last 15 posts that were spam posts in a thread and post on the topic, and so forth \:D/
Ah, I see...Now was that a compliment or insult? ;)

I got 110% on my writing finals! :D I am so happy about that. The test was pretty easy for me probably because I love writing, English, and literature. So, that was the biggest highlight of my day. *Goes off dancing.* (Literally, I have ballet tonight. Hehe.)
Congratulations, Sapphire!
Shennifer wrote:It's been a good day; I unpacked (finally, since I got home Monday ;) ), watched a recap of American Idol online, did dishes, and now I should organize all I unpacked, and plan how to paint a chair \:D/ I was way more productive today than yesterday...I was glued to my laptop, frying my brain with TV.

The weather has been warm and breezy; it was a bit cooler today but it's still nice.
Oh, and I start volunteering (to get service hours for school) at a horse ranch on Monday :) I'm a bit scared, but I hope it'll be fun, since I like horses :)
Sounds fun! \:D/
DanP740 wrote:My friend and I got a free donut for singing to them. \:D/
Nice, Dan! \:D/

Today I plan to continue working in our garden. I hope to be able to plant the melons today. I also hope I can plant more marigolds so that the squirrels won't steal my strawberries.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Sunshine wrote:
Today I plan to continue working in our garden. I hope to be able to plant the melons today. I also hope I can plant more marigolds so that the squirrels won't steal my strawberries.
That sounds nice :) I wish I could plant stuff. Unfortunately the forecast is saying that it will freeze for the next five nights, so I'm afraid to put anything in the ground...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

A thanks for the song or a bribe to stop? ;) I know which one it would be if it was me singing! O:)

I blame all the fun Timmys talk here for me feeling the need to go get another frozen raspberry lemonade today. :x Soo yummy! I'm hooked. I need to find out if the sugar content is outrageous or only moderately outrageous. ;) Of course, I decided to go through the drive through, since it's usually fast and I didn't feel like getting out of my car, but then the person in front of me took forever! Either they ordered lots of stuff or there was some kind of issue inside, but I really wished that I had just gone inside. Oh well. That's what I get for being lazy. ;)
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Catspaw wrote:
A thanks for the song or a bribe to stop? ;) I know which one it would be if it was me singing! O:)
I wish I had recorded it, but that would've required putting a camera on the counter in front of us, which would've been kind of weird. I played the uke while he sang and asked if there were any lonely donuts we could have for free, then I played harmonica along with the uke, and then they gave us one.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I had another great day yesterday! \:D/ I got to babysit my nieces, ahh they are so cute! :inlove:
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Yesterday I finished clearing the garden plot. After hoeing, and hoeing and hoeing (hoe, hoe, hoe) I still didn't get half of the clumps of dirt. Finally I gave up, and made a small hill to plant the melons, only to find out that the plants are practically dead. Was I suppose to water them?
Last edited by Sunshine on Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

DanP740 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
I wish I had recorded it, but that would've required putting a camera on the counter in front of us, which would've been kind of weird. I played the uke while he sang and asked if there were any lonely donuts we could have for free, then I played harmonica along with the uke, and then they gave us one.
Camera really is a must..

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I learned a very valuable lesson last night. Always check your iPod and make sure that the battery is not dead. I let the battery get so low on mine that it took an entire day to re charge completely. Scared me to death, I thought it would have to be sent out for repair. My iPod is not the newest, latest one either and repair would be expensive.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I have one and half more weeks until Summer Break!!! The big downside to that is I get to study for finals all next week.

In other news my sister is coming home from college for the Summer tomorrow night. Today; however, I drove (yes me) my family and I down to Cincinnati and back to pick up some of her stuff. So I spent 7 hours of my day driving.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Today we went to a park for a few hours. It's a fairly large park, with a lake and several ponds, so it was fun exploring small trails, and such. I got some great photography shots, and we met some friends that we haven't seen for a while. So it was a fun day.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

SWA, I'm glad you have your sister back for the summer :D

For an unlucky day, this was pretty good. (I love how every 13th ends up being a good day..)

Didn't have as much pain today, made it to church, well, the first half. :anxious: I wasn't feeling so great so because we live close Dad ran me back home. I felt bad missing the end of church, but taking a short nap did wonders for the rest of the day. I spent over five hours chasing four little kids. I should have stopped sooner, I think I really pushed myself. Erm. But they wanted me to join them so bad, who could resist? :inlove: They're cool kids. ^.^ Little kids also escapee from 'jail' in Cops and Robbers surprisingly fast. Probably why I was running most of the time. Five hours, and when we were done they still had as much energy as when we started. :P So between exploring hilly woods with my lil sister, and catching prison escapees, I'll probably be a wreck this next week. But some things are worth feeling sick for. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I stayed up really really late tonight trying to set high scores on temple run... now I think I should sleep...
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

The Kings Daughter wrote:SWA, I'm glad you have your sister back for the summer :D

For an unlucky day, this was pretty good. (I love how every 13th ends up being a good day..)

Didn't have as much pain today, made it to church, well, the first half. :anxious: I wasn't feeling so great so because we live close Dad ran me back home. I felt bad missing the end of church, but taking a short nap did wonders for the rest of the day. I spent over five hours chasing four little kids. I should have stopped sooner, I think I really pushed myself. Erm. But they wanted me to join them so bad, who could resist? :inlove: They're cool kids. ^.^ Little kids also escapee from 'jail' in Cops and Robbers surprisingly fast. Probably why I was running most of the time. Five hours, and when we were done they still had as much energy as when we started. :P So between exploring hilly woods with my lil sister, and catching prison escapees, I'll probably be a wreck this next week. But some things are worth feeling sick for. ;)
They are cool kids. :yes:
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I got my own phone. Yay! \:D/ Now I can txt all my friends all day and waste tons of time. \:D/

note I have not left a sarcasm alert because I saw that people think they are dumb. So to avoid people thinking that I am dumb I decided just to let you figure out that I was being sarcastic. \:D/
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Why have you not given me your number yet? :x

I'm in a good mood because I just fixed our washing machine. The lid switched was broken so I personally took it apart and installed a new one. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I don't really see a reason for me to have a phone, because I would probably never get any texts or calls...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011