What is the last movie you saw?

post it

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I just watched Hugo! :D It's a great movie!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

I am halfway through an Indiana Jones marathon! On VHS no less, yep I'm going old school. I did realize that last week's Clone Wars episode had several Indiana Jones references from both Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Temple of Doom. Every time I see them again, I am reminded how gory they are. Of course that's one reason why I don't watch Temple of Doom that often, but even Raiders of the Lost Ark has some prey nasty sequences. But they are fun adventure movies!
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Tree of Life

Wow.
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

The Chronicles of Narnia, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

A dozen episodes of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. The acting isn't stellar, but it makes me laugh every time. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

As I sit here I have just completed watching Hugo. I was first introduced to the story in 2007. My brother being a Graphic Designer was into that kind of thing. And being in a fairly big city he checked it out. He read it to me and a sibling. And since then I have read it many times. Always it strikes me in a different way, as I am different each time I read it. And different after also. At the start of it I was firm on keeping an open mind. And after the opening sequence, that was obviously to show off 3D. I watched. And I saw it as the different, yet same story it is. While there were minor things that could have stayed or changed. Overall it was the story. I story that I know. 5/5
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I watched The Great Escape for the first time last evening \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Katniss wrote:I watched The Great Escape for the first time last evening \:D/
:shock: That movie is awesome.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I predicted a lot of it :(
The ending, for example...the guys walked into the field and I looked at my dad. "Firing squad in the meadow," I told him.

...I WAS RIGHT :x
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Katniss wrote:I predicted a lot of it :(
The ending, for example...the guys walked into the field and I looked at my dad. "Firing squad in the meadow," I told him.

...I WAS RIGHT :x
yeah, that was sad....but it was still a really good movie.

Till the end of the line.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Iron-Man 2!

Check yeas.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

The Muppet Movie. As in the old one from the 70s. \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Part of but not all of The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe 2005. One of my favorite movies.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Finally watched Courageous last night. Wow - that was a lot of... men crying. :anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Season 1 finale of 24. really good, but really sad :(

Till the end of the line.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Shennifer wrote:Season 1 finale of 24. really good, but really sad :(
Yes, that was quite sad. But actually, I was somewhat satisfied. I always like sad endings because they're less predictable and they affect you more.

Kung Fu Panda 2. Your typical Disney film. Funny at times. I could just see the little 7-year-olds drooling over it. :p
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My friend and I stayed up into the early hours of the morning watching Elf. \:D/ I hadn't seen it for years, and he had never watched it. Neither of us were overly impressed. Buddy is a cute and likeable character, but take away him and his humor, and the movie is just a bland, humor-less movie filled with Christmas clichés. Thank goodness those 40 people provided enough Christmas spirit for Santa! :noway:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I saw "The Debt" which wasn't bad, although it was quite violent in parts... In any event, it is an interesting take on a much-filmed subject.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

We had to watch Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back for Law Academy all last week. It was pretty good, but Han getting tortured traumatized me, and I made an excuse to leave the room so as not to watch Han being frozen in carbonite. I can't watch torture scenes in movies...I always either leave the room or skip the scene entirely when Hermione's torture scene comes on in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. That being said, Han and Leia are really funny. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Tiger.... Aeva and I just finished watching that an hour ago. xD Have you noticed.... VADER WEARS HEELS.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein