Dose it bug anyone else that Katrina different voce???

Katrina voce

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Dose it bug anyone else that in the new episodes Katrina has a different voce

Yes
63%
No
38%

Total votes: 48

Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

it is irritating, however for a show that has been on as long as Odyssey, i guess we should be thankful that there are so few voice changes, huh?
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I miss the old Katrina plus she also did the voice of Mrs. Rathbone (not that Mrs. Rathbone was very important) but it doesn't seem the same with the new voice.
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Actually, when I listen to the 2 Whits I get 2 different mental pictures of him. When I hear Hal I picture the thinner Whit from the earlier albums. When I hear Paul I picture the fatter Whit. I don't have that problem with Katrina.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
Jack Davis
OK

Post by Jack Davis »

I prefer the new Katrina to the older onel, but I don't care a whole lot
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Jack Davis wrote:I prefer the new Katrina to the older onel, but I don't care a whole lot
OH MY WORD! how can you say that? have you listened to odyssey long? i can understand if you haven't...but if you have--you are truly an odyssey traitor! okay, i'm not going to be that harsh :anxious: sorry. but, i don't see how anyone who has heard the old Katrina (in character and voice) can even stand the new one (her character more than her voice.)

just my 2 cents....

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

I miss Pam's voice!!
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

To be honest, I didn't even realize. :anxious: I don't think it's that big of a deal. They sound pretty close. It is better than getting rid of Katrina all together.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I despised it at first, but after she's been around for a while, I relly don't mind it anymore. I mean, if you can't get the old voice actress back, it's too bad, but what else can you do? Kill her off? Ignore her? It was clearly the best choice and I don't think it's that poor of a job.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

I hardly notice....I was just glad they were back!
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm lisening to My Favorite Thing and doris is diforent to!! (i now it they were played by the same person but still)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What am i going to do???????????????????????????
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

fatlooy wrote:ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm lisening to My Favorite Thing and doris is diforent to!! (i now it they were played by the same person but still)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Live with it? :anxious: We don't have much of a choice, after all...
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Jonathan wrote:
fatlooy wrote:ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm lisening to My Favorite Thing and doris is diforent to!! (i now it they were played by the same person but still)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Live with it? :anxious: We don't have much of a choice, after all...
haha...that's great!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Lonesome Dove
Probably not a NPC

Post by Lonesome Dove »

pinkjeans92 wrote:
Jack Davis wrote:I prefer the new Katrina to the older onel, but I don't care a whole lot
OH MY WORD! how can you say that? have you listened to odyssey long? i can understand if you haven't...but if you have--you are truly an odyssey traitor! okay, i'm not going to be that harsh :anxious: sorry. but, i don't see how anyone who has heard the old Katrina (in character and voice) can even stand the new one (her character more than her voice.)

just my 2 cents....
Dude, that was kind of ... mean ... *Cough.*

Anyway, yeah, I did notice a differece with Katrina's voice, but it doesn't really bother me. It does, maybe just a little bit, but not to the point where I'll complain about it. I'm just glad to have Eugene and Katrina back. ;)
18:36 <Katilyn>: *somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: **somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: ...
18:36 <Katilyn>: ***something
Image Image
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

DanP740 wrote:
Dude, that was kind of ... mean ... *Cough.*
sorry ](*,) :hithead: :console: :sniff:

GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Older Katrina obviously is more liked cus she's been in sooo many more episodes....
I do what I do.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I wouldn't say that necessarily. I liked the older Katrina at first also b/c of personality and chemistry with other characters (the first ep with the new Katrina had me incredibly disappointed b/c of that). The different voice really didn't bug me that much.

As time has gone on though, Audrey's performance has gotten much better, and I'm getting used to it.