?Do You Play An Instrument?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Neosha wrote:yes I play flute and am learning to play drums O:)
That's an interesting combination! :D I like to learn how to play at least minimally on a lot of other instruments...my brother just got a beginning trumpet - :anxious: He's very loud, but I like to play it! And saxaphone has the same fingering as flute, so that's fun to play as well.

I wish I knew how to play everything :sick:

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

methinks I've already said this, but I guess it was a different thread.

Piano since 1989, B.A. in music, piano performance concentration in 2003

Flute since 1995

Violin since 1997

Cello since 1999

Organ since 2002

I guess that's it. I have a keyboard now, but I just count that under piano. Oh, and I can play harpsichord, which is really fun.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I've always wanted to learn how to play the organ! :D
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Piglet wrote:I've always wanted to learn how to play the organ! :D
it take a bit of coordination and concentration, much moreso than piano. but if you already play piano, it's not such a huge difference either. it's fun too! and not everybody plays it!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

EUCC wrote:
it take a bit of coordination and concentration, much moreso than piano. but if you already play piano, it's not such a huge difference either. it's fun too! and not everybody plays it!
It sounds lovely. (And I already know how to play the piano too!) We used to have an organ at our church and I would always like to sit in the pew next to it during church services and look at all the tiers of keys and all the pedals...the lady who would play it always took her shoes off while she was playing. :D But our church sold it and now I don't know where else there's one I could play on. :sad:
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Piglet wrote:
EUCC wrote:
It sounds lovely. (And I already know how to play the piano too!) We used to have an organ at our church and I would always like to sit in the pew next to it during church services and look at all the tiers of keys and all the pedals...the lady who would play it always took her shoes off while she was playing. :D But our church sold it and now I don't know where else there's one I could play on. :sad:
see. honestly, that's the problem, finding one you can practice on. you can play without shoes...or shoes with a very smooth surface...or put tons of tape on the bottoms of shoes you dont really care about. anyway, i hope you can find one, because honestly, it's rather fun!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

EUCC wrote:
Piglet wrote:
EUCC wrote:
see. honestly, that's the problem, finding one you can practice on. you can play without shoes...or shoes with a very smooth surface...or put tons of tape on the bottoms of shoes you dont really care about. anyway, i hope you can find one, because honestly, it's rather fun!
Hmmm...I really should. :yes: *thinks any excuse to cover the bottom of her shoes with tape is a good one* :D
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

My parents just bought a drum set today! W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is used, but it sounds like it's in pretty good condition. I can't wait to start playing!!!!!!! I have a drums for beginners DVD and music book!!! W00T!! \:D/
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, how smart can parents be when they buy you a big noise-maker? ;) Have fun! \:D/
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I'm learning piano. I've only been going for 9 months...but I guess I'm doing OK.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I can play a very tiny bit of piano, that is, when Karin lets me. ;) And I learning how to play the guitar.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Bradley Doyle wrote:I can play a very tiny bit of piano, that is, when Karin lets me. ;)
What's that supposed to mean? :-s
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Karin Doyle wrote:
Bradley Doyle wrote:I can play a very tiny bit of piano, that is, when Karin lets me. ;)
Sounds like you must be a piano hog to me! \:D/ (Aren't little brothers fabulous, Karin? ;) )
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Catspaw wrote:
Karin Doyle wrote:
Sounds like you must be a piano hog to me! \:D/ (Aren't little brothers fabulous, Karin? ;) )
He never wants to play the piano. :roll: And there's plenty of times when I'm not on the Piano, Brad. (Little brothers are... :anxious: )
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Karin Doyle wrote: (Little brothers are... :anxious: )
Nice? O:)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Bradley Doyle wrote:
Karin Doyle wrote: (Little brothers are... :anxious: )
Nice? O:)
Not the first word that comes to mind. :-
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

the ukele,the guitar,recorder and a bit of the piano.
i'm really awful at recorder tho
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
tangeldweb
Not as new

Post by tangeldweb »

I played piano for seven years and drums for about three years now. I am trying my hand at fiddle now and guitar though I am not that good at either.
Top Cat
Fourscore and seven

Post by Top Cat »

I'm learning to play the piano, and organ if I can get my hands on one.
We just went to a homeschool expo and signed me up to a new piano teacher. (just some extra info for in case you care)
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

i play the clarinet!!!! i have been playing for 5 years... and continuing.