Your first time at the theater?

What movie did you watch?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

The first time was "The Return of the King"
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Xiao wrote:I've seen countless amounts of movies...... most people here have like, only seen 1-3... :-s
Our family watches a lot of movies on video from the library...just not at the theater. ;)
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:I think that the first movie I saw was Jurasic Park. (Yes, I spelled that wrong and yes, I was only like 6.)
One of my best friends (who was nine at the time of the release) went and saw the movie without his mother knowing :shame:

He said it was the scariest he had ever been in his life :-#
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Dave wrote:You were around in 1970, Frank? Or was it a re-run?
I believe it was a rerun, Dave. \:D/ And I was like three months old.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

STRYPER wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:I think that the first movie I saw was Jurasic Park. (Yes, I spelled that wrong and yes, I was only like 6.)
One of my best friends (who was nine at the time of the release) went and saw the movie without his mother knowing :shame:

He said it was the scariest he had ever been in his life :-#
Y'know the second one? The part where the little dinos eat the mean dude? That was the scariest part, it gave me nightmares for awhile.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

I think the first movie I saw in theaters was Toy Story 2...
My dad used to be very against going to movie theaters, but he's made less of a deal of it now. Thank goodness, since movies like LotR and The Chronicles of Narnia are SO much better on the big screen!
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

My first Movie Theater type show was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie. I was a big turtle fan when I was little; I had a ninja trutles suit that I would show off my "moves" in. I actually liked the cartoons a whole lot more than the movie. My dad and uncle just really wanted to see the film for themselves and used me as an excuse to go! ^_^
Not dead yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

David O wrote:My first Movie Theater type show was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie. I was a big turtle fan when I was little; I had a ninja trutles suit that I would show off my "moves" in. I actually liked the cartoons a whole lot more than the movie. My dad and uncle just really wanted to see the film for themselves and used me as an excuse to go! ^_^
I watched that again kind of a while ago I guess now... but I was pleased to notice it was a Golden Harvest film... same company that did all of Bruce Lee's movies. \:D/
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Going by myself..........*thinks* The Prince of Egypt I think.

With a paret or other adult taking me..........Aladin is the first one I remember, however I know my mom took me to the theatre before that......I just don't remember what movies we saw.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

first time at the theatre was to see Aladdin.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

The original "Freaky Friday."

-jolly
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Oooooo \:D/
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

I saw part of that on TV once.
STRYPER wrote:Oooooo \:D/
1.2 - Short Replies (ie. one or two words)
Often times members may feel the need to post a reply that is only one or two words. This is not good message board etiquette and with money also being a factor on this board, short replies such as "yeah", "ditto", "don't care", "huh?", "nothing", "not interested", etc... are not encouraged. In some Hillingdale Haven threads it is acceptable, but in almost every other circumstance, please try to avoid short replies. As a general rule, if a thread deals with an issue or poses a question that you have little interest in or cannot answer a question with anything but "nothing" or "don't know", please do not respond.
Bad STRYPER. :shame:

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Heh, since I hardly ever go to the theater, I actually remember^_^ I was in the third grade (or somewhere around there in elementary school) and went to a theater that no longer exists to see Andre, which was a movie about a seal if none of you remember (which wouldn't surprise me).
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Jonathan wrote:Heh, since I hardly ever go to the theater, I actually remember^_^ I was in the third grade (or somewhere around there in elementary school) and went to a theater that no longer exists to see Andre, which was a movie about a seal if none of you remember (which wouldn't surprise me).
Oh I remember him :roll:

No offense but that movie was really boring :boohoo:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I saw Snow White when I was 4 or 5. The fun thing is that my grandma came along and it was her first time to the theater, too! She would have been 52-ish!
I have only been to the theater 20-25 times. I don't like it. As I have said elsewhere, Netflix rocks!

Everyone should have a happy dance.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

STRYPER wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Heh, since I hardly ever go to the theater, I actually remember^_^ I was in the third grade (or somewhere around there in elementary school) and went to a theater that no longer exists to see Andre, which was a movie about a seal if none of you remember (which wouldn't surprise me).
Oh I remember him :roll:

No offense but that movie was really boring :boohoo:
How fitting. ;)

-Cowboy

Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

The first time I went to the theatre was when I was 8 or 9, and we watched Toy Story( that was a while ago)
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

11 years ago to be exact... :D
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

My family watched the Jonah Movie... \:D/ in theatres... \:D/ about 2 or 3 years ago... \:D/
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!