Pride and Prejudice

Anyone else seen it, or am I the only Jane Austen fan?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I don't exactly like Keira Knightley (SP?) because of certain reasons including one already mentioned, she's used sooo often.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
map
Found

Post by map »

I've seen part of the on by the BBC. I've read all of her books except one. I really like her writing. I'll probably see the new one
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Rachael wrote:A note of caution: If you are a male or just not interested in the book in the least, DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE. You will be bored out of your mind. There were a couple of parts (when she's just sitting on the swing for however many months) where the only thing that kept me from daydreaming was the fantastic visual stuff. Movies like that make me want to visit England sooo badly...

I like Keira Knightly, but I somehow always pictured Elizabeth as looking different than she did in this movie. Mr. Darcy was EXCELLENT; I watched the older version (well, parts of it) after we got home from the theatre, and still liked Darcy and Elizabeth way better in the newer movie. Ms. Bingley was very good, but Mr. Bingley seemed kind of retarded to me. Plus, I don't remember the book mentioning anywhere that either of them had red hair.

I'm not comparing Mr. Darcy to Regis, but rather that scene to my story.

My grandmother is a die hard fan of the five-hour movie, so she was a little bummed about this one, but she said there were some parts in this one she liked better than the old one. Not many, but they did exist :-)

I thought the scene in which Mr. Darcy is writing his letter to Georgeana (sp? It's been a while since I read the book) was very well done, and I liked the ballroom scenes-- both of them.
I don't think I'll be seeing it because the book bored me.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

danadelfos wrote: I don't think I'll be seeing it because the book bored me.
Kudos for reading the book at least. And being man enough to admit it. *jokes*
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz