Ask Aria!

Questions and Answers with Aria Curzon (aka) Mandy Straussberg!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

What is your favorite color? (I couldn't think of anything else.)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

And since Cowboy just HAS to post something... ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

STRYPER wrote:And since Cowboy just HAS to post something... ;)
Heh, no kidding...

What is a recording session like? *really really wants to sit in on one*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

On a related note, did you enjoy doing the live taping at FOTF's 25th anniversary celebration in Colorado Springs a couple years ago? And did you like the slide there? \:D/

I was there, and really enjoyed being able to watch the voice actors talk and do different vocies - it was a highlight for me! As soon as I found out that a live AIO taping was happening at the event, my father was constantly pestered with questions as to the feasibility of our family being able to go to Colorado for vacation that year, and being there was so wonderful! I also saw you in line for the slide at one point (though I didn't say anything to you because I didn't want to bug you). :anxious:
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Aria,

Where could I order a copy of "Santa With Muscles"? From what people have posted, it sounds like a good movie (even if you would like to destroy every copy in your house :lol:).
Also, have you ever been in the AIO videos? I thought one of the characters (seems like either Jessie or Holly) sounded like you.
What's your favorite AIO radio ep that you've been on so far?
One last thing: where's Zac (Fluteboy)? He hasn't posted in a while, and I would've thought he would be on here a lot (given the fact that you two are dating). I kinda miss him. Do you know if he's outta town, or maybe he's just busy or something?
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

how old are you aria?
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Ariastar87 wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote: COT's Q?
huh?
I think he means Cowboy of Texas' question (about how you came to be an AIO actress)--but we won't bug you about that because you already answered.
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

mr.whit wrote:how old are you aria?
If you go to the index, you will see that in about a week she will be turning 18.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Jonathan wrote:
mr.whit wrote:how old are you aria?
If you go to the index, you will see that in about a week she will be turning 18.
I noticed that, too--but I didn't want to seem like I was trying to steal her thunder by answering it myself.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Kris wrote: Where could I order a copy of "Santa With Muscles"? From what people have posted, it sounds like a good movie (even if you would like to destroy every copy in your house :lol:).
:D

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd

Sadly there has not yet been a DVD release... I know in years past TNT or TBS used to show that every Christmas season and during random Hulk Hogan marathons... although since the demise of WCW they may not bother anymore... :noway:

Perhaps some day we have all of Hogan's classic films of pure awesomeness in a DVD boxset! :pray:
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Brian wrote:Sadly there has not yet been a DVD release...
Really? The link you posted was for a DVD!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah that's what I thought when I first found it, but there is a little VHS logo thingy in the corner. I think it automatically brings up a VHS if there is no DVD... even though it still says DVD... :-s
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Mysterious... :-k Oh well, I don't have a VCR player so I guess I'll have to wait.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Hi, Aria! I wanted to say hi, and that Mandy, Liz, and ... ooh... cant think of the other one...Sarah Pratchett are my favorite girl characters on AIO...in that order! But also, I wanted to ask how you got into ... (how do you call it?!) radio dramas (?), and recording. I like drama, and possibly am interested in becoming a musical artist, if not, something with voice.

In short, how were you 'discovered'?

praying for ya,

~fF~
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Hey Aria!!!

Let's see...my question that I ask a lot of people is: what is the most memorable dream you've had? :-) (I started a topic on the TH about this a while back.)

And also, are you really dating a 23-year-old guy? :-) (if you don't mind me asking) If so, how's that been? Sorry if that sounds weird...I guess most of my friends (especially girls) who are 17/18 haven't gone out with people 5-6 years older. ;-)

nn
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Yes, are you really dating FluteBoy? Sorry, we're all so nosy...

You mentioned being friends with Corey Burton and Jess Harnell. Do you know if either of them are Christians?

Do you know what was REALLY wrong with Mandy in 'Tales of a Small-Town Thug'? Was she just tired, or does she have some life-threatening disease?

You wouldn't know Earl Boen, by any chance, would you?
FluteBoy
Gold Member

Post by FluteBoy »

noname wrote:Hey Aria!!!

Let's see...my question that I ask a lot of people is: what is the most memorable dream you've had? :-) (I started a topic on the TH about this a while back.)

And also, are you really dating a 23-year-old guy? :-) (if you don't mind me asking) If so, how's that been? Sorry if that sounds weird...I guess most of my friends (especially girls) who are 17/18 haven't gone out with people 5-6 years older. ;-)

nn
Well, just for my 2 cents, if I had a 17/18 year old daughter, I certainly wouldn't allow her to date a 23-year-old guy. I have a 12 year old sister who will probably be dating in the not too distant future. I am fully prepared to probably maim (if not kill) several of her boyfriends in the next ten years or so, and hide the bodies where they will never be found. I'm a good brother;)
Having said that, I suppose I am simply not your average 23 year old and Aria is certainly not your average 17-almost-18 year old. I never expected this relationship to come about, but it did. In the time we've know each other it's become quite evident to both of us that there seems to be a much greater hand then ours guiding this relationship. I've come to know her family quite well and Aria and I have been more comfortable and happy with one another than either of us have ever been in our lives. We just clicked. So it's a unique situation, and not one that happens every day. I don't go searching for teenage girls to date, I swear, it's just simply happened the way it happened (and a lot of prayer was involved, I can tell you), but I'm glad it did. I thank God for every minute I have with her. And that's the simple truth.

Zac
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

My good man, I have the same policy with my sisters. If you ever want to go on a boyfriend killing spree with me, call me up! ;)

Also, your relationship with Aria sound a lot like Laura Ingalls and Almanzo Wilder on the LHOTP TV show. And yes, I do enjoy Little House, thank you. :p
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
FluteBoy
Gold Member

Post by FluteBoy »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:My good man, I have the same policy with my sisters. If you ever want to go on a boyfriend killing spree with me, call me up! ;)

Also, your relationship with Aria sound a lot like Laura Ingalls and Almanzo Wilder on the LHOTP TV show. And yes, I do enjoy Little House, thank you. :p
Sounds like a fun night, my friend! :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Welcome to the board, Aria! =D>
Like Catspaw, I had the joy of seeing you at a live taping. Just a different one. ;) I was fortunate enough to get to go to the National Religious Broadcaster's Convention in Anaheim, California when "Mandy's Debut" was recorded. That was a great evening, full of fond memories. Getting to watch the actors in action was a new experience for me and one that I greatly enjoyed. :)