Will you buy "Eugene Sings"

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will you buy it

yes
79%
no
21%

Total votes: 33

Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Thanks Trent.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Yes thank you Shadowpaw and Trent! \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

They're alright. I don't know If i'd spend the money on them I liked the "my dog has fleas" one though..
...I hate marquees.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Eugene Sings has been available at retail stores for some time now. For $12.99 you can hear the full version of all of the songs rather than 30 second clips!

-jolly

A Most Surprising Return has been available for just as long as well.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

jollyholiday wrote:Eugene Sings has been available at retail stores for some time now. For $12.99 you can hear the full version of all of the songs rather than 30 second clips!
For those who work at retail stores, it has been available. But not for the lowly consumer. :protest:

According to the EugeneReturns.com, both "A Most Surprising Return" and "Eugene Sings" will not be available until July. I have little reason to doubt their statements.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

They have been available to our customers for over a week already. On the shelves, waiting for end consumers. Several people in this metropolitan area have already bought theirs.

-jolly
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

jollyholiday wrote:They have been available to our customers for over a week already. On the shelves, waiting for end consumers. Several people in this metropolitan area have already bought theirs.
Well, you must be in the minority...

Either that, or the staff at Focus made a signficant typo on EugeneReturns. :oops:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Well, you must be in the minority...

Either that, or the staff at Focus made a signficant typo on EugeneReturns. :oops:
There are certainly many stores that do have them on the shelves already, but as you pointed out Trent, that's the minority. Even Focus is not yet listing it as a product that can be purchased and they typically list producets a month in advance of their release. I believe Christian Bookstores were allowed to put the products out whenever they received them... though the majority of stores will not be putting them out until July, which is probably what the info on EugeneReturns.com is referring to.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Actually, family.org/resources had them both available as of last Friday, I think:

AIO 44a
http://www.family.org/resources/itempg.cfm?itemid=5325

Eugene Sings!
http://www.family.org/resources/itempg.cfm?itemid=5326

-shasta
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Oh that's good to see... I checked last week and saw nothing and was looking at Focus on the Family's Canadian site last night and it wasn't there yet, so I assumed it was going to be added later.

I've still got a bit of a wait ;). Though I only intend to order the Eugene Sings! album and not the "A" collection (or "B" for that matter).
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Three new previews are available on the Eugene Sings page! :)

"The Only Thing Missing is You"
-Real Player
-MP3

"Lift Up Your Heads"
-Real Player
-MP3

"Play Me a Ukulele Tune"
-Real Player
-MP3

Thanks again to Shadowpaw for the MP3s! =D>
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Those were great! \:D/ I loved "Lift Up Your Heads" - it was nice to hear a Bible-related song, not just the fun, meaningless kind of stuff. With each new set of clips, I look forward to the CD a bit more! :D
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I can't wait until I can actually get my hands on this!!!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The final four previews are available on the Eugene Sings page! :)

"A Very Short Song"
-Real Player
-MP3

"Pulchra Nympha Tu!"
-Real Player
-MP3

"O-D-Y-Double S-E-Y!"
-Real Player
-MP3

"The Rose of Antelope Valley"
-Real Player
-MP3

Thanks again to Shadowpaw for the MP3s! =D>

Next week, on Friday, July 1, they will be posting a special interview!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Sweet. I can't wait for that interview.

Out of this batch of previews, I think the second one was my favorite.
Calalily
Lurker

Post by Calalily »

UPDATE!

My copy arrived in the mail from the eugenesings website and I love it! I think I'll buy a couple more copies for my sisters families.

Anyone else get a copy yet? What is your favorite song?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I bought my copy almost a month ago. The whole album is excellent, it is very hard to pick a favorite.
Calalily
Lurker

Post by Calalily »

Okay, since this has been out for a bit now, did anyone actually buy the album? (Thanks to those that pointed me to this thread!)

I got it last week & I am so pleasantly surprised! I was worried it would be low budget or annoying or something, but it is great. The songs are catchy and the lyrics are clever--although I wouldn't expect any less from Will Ryan.

Anyone else have a review?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I bought it last month. It is great!! I was listening to it while I was out today.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

I like all the instruments on it... violins, tubas, keyboards. That keeps it fun, more interesting. Didn't someone say that the drummer from Maroon5 played somewhere on Eugene Sings?

-shasta