What did you LEARN today?

post a random fact you learned...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Tinuviel
Found
Location: Here or there- but isn't here just there without the t??

Post by Tinuviel »

=; lol- it takes forever to type them out!
Only one life twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ twill last;
And when I am dying how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burnt out for Thee!
Tinuviel
Found

Post by Tinuviel »

Ok, let's see here...

Fleas are essential to the health of armadillos and hedgehogs; they provide necessary stimulation of the skin. Deloused armadillos and hedgehogs will die.

The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1.

When the Black Death swept across England one theory was that cats caused the plague. Thousands were slaughtered. Ironically, those that kept their cats were less affected, because they kept their houses clear of the real culprits, rats.

Iraqi terrorist, Khay Rahnajet, didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb. It came back with "return to sender" stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was- well, you get the picture!

Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

10 percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka.

The chances of your dying on the trip to buy your lottery ticket is greater than your chance of winning.

Rats can't throw-up.
On that note, Take a pie pan, fill it with coke & leave it on the floor. If a mouse or rat drinks it, they will eventually explode because they cannot burp.

The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people

If Brooklyn, New York became independent of New York City, it would be the third largest city in the United States, after the remainder of New York and Los Angeles.

Cool, huh?
Last edited by Tinuviel on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
And when I am dying how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burnt out for Thee!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

NatetheGreat wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:That the game SUDOKU on www.miniclip.com is totaly hard and not fun at all. :noway:
Try this site Nate. You can choose the difficulty level.

-Jonathan
I learned that Miniclip has much better graphics for the game Sudoku than at the above address.
I learned that too, though I still like my site better (you can check your progress). That, and I learned that the miniclip one isn't that difficult.

-Jonathan
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

That prairie dogs live in cities. :D
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

That temperature is not a measurement of heat, but rather a measurement of molecular activity. Which I already learned, but had forgotten.

That the glasses I got don't bend! Or at least they don't before they break.

That the sunglasses I got look like Tom Cruise's.

SUPER JEREMYCARTWOOD!!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

That it is raining!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Sleet is obnoxious, especially combined with wind.

-Jonathan
Zeba
Still standing tall

Post by Zeba »

I learned about intermolecular forces, how fun! \:D/ :^o
Me
An original

Post by Me »

That limited bandwith is no fun, especially when you are trying to upload hundreds of photos.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I learned that "inflagration" is among the best words ever, up there with "Kirby" and "perambulation".
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Tinuviel
Found

Post by Tinuviel »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:I learned that "inflagration" is among the best words ever, up there with "Kirby" and "perambulation".
What about confligration & discombobulation???
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Just learned that Kirby, in addition to being a cool pink ball thing guy, is also a word.

-Jonathan
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Pro-Tools is expensive....
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

...that not drinking caffine doesn't make me stop having weird dreams.
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

That my friend Kaitlin is going to be able to come to my birthday party and I'm going to finally meet her in real life! (My friend Zach knows her in real life so I know she's not a 40-year-old truck driver or something)

That we still have that Monster Jam monster truck game on our computer.

-JC

SUPER JEREMYCARTWOOD!!
Tinuviel
Found

Post by Tinuviel »

Um, that you shouldn't try to do your math, fold clothes, watch a movie, & eat soup at the same time. It could have disasterous results.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Sometimes life stnks

when it rains, it pours (ok so I already knew that, but I'm remembering it agian)

That Heaven can't come soon enough

even if you don't know someone super well, their death will still affect you. Thank you Father that he loved you.

THat God has a plan in this even though I don't know what it is.

That sunday is NOT going to be a fun day.

That two young beleiver's deaths by cancer in as many weeks may unite or divide my youth group, (though neither went to our church, they were both known by many there)

That God WILL give me the strength for tomorrow

That this is why He has been preparing me to encourage others

THis is why I have been reminded so often of 2 Corinthians 1 so I can encourage others in their hurt

That any and all prayers would be wonderful

That you guys are awesome

that hugs, chocolate, encouragement, prayers and tears are all really really good for situations like these
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

:hug: *Hugs JF* Sounds like you're going through a hard time.

I learned that life can be really weird. :-s
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Tinuviel wrote:
Rats can't throw-up.
On that note, Take a pie pan, fill it with coke & leave it on the floor. If a mouse or rat drinks it, they will eventually explode because they cannot burp.

That is just mean...... :-s
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I learned to day that if you don't like it change it. =P~