Questions for Shadowpaw

...or anyone else who can answer!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I've answered this particular question here:

http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?p=13142 ... ght=#13142

:)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Shadowpaw, I'm sure I've asked a related question before, but I'm sure you won't mind. O:) Do you have any idea as to when you'll be adding jobs to the second-tiered job list? Considering they are non-working jobs, would you accept ideas from the citizens of the ToO? :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Shadowpaw, I'm sure I've asked a related question before, but I'm sure you won't mind. O:) Do you have any idea as to when you'll be adding jobs to the second-tiered job list? Considering they are non-working jobs, would you accept ideas from the citizens of the ToO? :)
For sure! If people have ideas they are free to let me know. I have a list, but I've been waiting to post them. I would expect the jobs to be added before the TH election however.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Why have you been waiting to post them?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I've been too busy with school/work/soda fountain stuff :(. I've also been trying to guage what would be appropriate salaries for people.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I see.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Shadowpaw wrote:For sure! If people have ideas they are free to let me know. I have a list, but I've been waiting to post them. I would expect the jobs to be added before the TH election however.
Excellent. I'll be sure to send you some possible jobs for the second level. I certainly wouldn't mind making the jump from Le Hotel Doorman to Le Hotel Assistant Manager. \:D/ Though I doubt one would be able to get that kind of a job in real life with a mere High School Equivalence. :lol:

:: gasp ::

The "Jump to: Select a forum" option is not functioning at the moment!

:thud:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
PonysHorses
Found

Post by PonysHorses »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I'm sure Shadowpaw will be creating more "working" jobs in the future. But in the meanwhile, you could always work for me at my DeWhite Marketing Services. I currently have one job position open. :)
That would be cool! PM me with more info, could you? Please?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Done. :)

Shadowpaw, would it be possible for you to post your current list of second level jobs (even if you can't post their respective salaries). I personally think $75-$100 would be a reasonable increment in terms of pay rate. Seeing as how jobs only pay three times a week, the rate would be small enough that people would still have to frequently post to earn the big bucks. Obviously, though, you want an incentive for people to earn the $5K and spend it on a High School Equivalence. Perhaps $100-$150? I'm sure you'll come up with an acceptable salary range. O:)
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Done. :)

Shadowpaw, would it be possible for you to post your current list of second level jobs (even if you can't post their respective salaries). I personally think $75-$100 would be a reasonable increment in terms of pay rate. Seeing as how jobs only pay three times a week, the rate would be small enough that people would still have to frequently post to earn the big bucks. Obviously, though, you want an incentive for people to earn the $5K and spend it on a High School Equivalence. Perhaps $100-$150? I'm sure you'll come up with an acceptable salary range. O:)
I'll try and post them this week.

As it stands, no one will have $5000 before I add the jobs to the database anyway. And even if they did, they can't pick any jobs until next week (Ms. Faye has implemented a job freeze and so no one is hiring right now aside from those already listed) ;). However, that freeze shall be lifted before the election.

And your ideas about the salary range for second tier jobs are fairly accurate.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Shadowpaw wrote:I'll try and post them this week.

As it stands, no one will have $5000 before I add the jobs to the database anyway. And even if they did, they can't pick any jobs until next week (Ms. Faye has implemented a job freeze and so no one is hiring right now aside from those already listed) ;). However, that freeze shall be lifted before the election.

And your ideas about the salary range for second tier jobs are fairly accurate.
Thanks Shadowpaw. :)

Any idea when the "Jump to: Select a forum" option will begin functioning once again?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Any idea when the "Jump to: Select a forum" option will begin functioning once again?
It doesn't work? :anxious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Any idea when the "Jump to: Select a forum" option will begin functioning once again?
It doesn't work? :anxious:
As of 9:16PM Eastern Time . . . no. :anxious:
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Click on it, and you'll see.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

It's working perfectly fine for me... we are talking about that little drop down box at the bottom of the page right? You don't have to press "Go" but if you just click the forum it automatically should take you there. I'll see what I can do.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Shadowpaw wrote:It's working perfectly fine for me... we are talking about that little drop down box at the bottom of the page right? You don't have to press "Go" but if you just click the forum it automatically should take you there. I'll see what I can do.
Yes, we are speaking of the same thing here, Shadowpaw. ;) I'm clicking on the drop down box and the only option I get is:

Select a forum:
---------------
None

:o
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

That's very odd. What browser are you using? I logged out and tried it as a guest and it worked... and it works fine with my Shadowpaw account too.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I get the same response.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Internet Explorer 6.0.

It worked previously, but stopped working yesterday afternoon. :-k
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I use IE 6.0 too... I can't fathom why it would stop working, as I haven't altered anything in the past two days. I have refreshed the server's cache though... any change?