Your Summer Plans: 2013!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

My summer started off with a weekend in Atlanta, during which my Scholar's Bowl team got thoroughly thrashed at Nationals. \:D/ I just spent the past three days at Universal Studios, with particular attention paid to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, from which I bought some cool swag. :inlove: I'll be spending all next week in Miami on a missions trip with my church choir, which will be...interesting. ;) Next month, I'll be taking a health class to get a credit out of the way. Additionally, I'll be doing summer reading work for AP English and review for AP US History throughout the rest of the summer after I return from Miami.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

You went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?? you lucky girl. I am quite envious
;)

Till the end of the line.
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

Just going to have fun swimming in our pool, eating at our local resturants, and to have a couple friends over every once in a while :mrgreen:

-- Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:44 am --

We will also be going to a Piano Guys concert in October, wasn't sure if that is considered summer :P
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

caitbuggy wrote: We will also be going to a Piano Guys concert in October, wasn't sure if that is considered summer :P
That sounds like fun! I love their music. :D You'll have to make sure to tell us about how awesome the concert was!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Sh'nooka wrote:You went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?? you lucky girl. I am quite envious
;)
It was a lot of fun! :D The best part, though, was bonding with my dad. Harry Potter has always been our special thing, but I haven't been as close to him as I have been to my mom and brother, so this was a really good experience for us both. We also listened to the Novacom Saga on the way there and Albums 47 and 50 on our way back, which was a lot of fun. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

So, I didn't post summer plans last year, but it was pretty much booked and amazing!! :)

My summer started at the beginning of May, but I'm going to include some of those events/activities too.
Summer 2013 plans/goals/hopes:
Go home for a visit and surprise sister. (It was a success, she didn't know I was coming home!!)
Visit old professors. (There was only one that I wanted to see but didn't get to see.)
Have sister visit me.
Surprise same sister at renaissance faire. (sadly this one fell through less than 12hours before I was supposed to leave...due to a problem with my transportation. :( Thankfully, I got a full refund! :) )
Join parents on work trip to family cabin, and then go home.
Visit a local landmark I hadn't seen in years.
Have a friend fly me back to my temporary residence and stay over.
Go to a classmate's graduation party.
Take first board exam. (That was earlier tonight and I passed!!! Wahoo!!!)

And now to the future plans:
Go on short camping trip.
Study for the next two board exams.
Finish the school year (in Aug...thats just the way my school is folks. And yes, the next year starts in Sept)
Explore surroundings more (we do at least have a much lighter academic load in the summer...its not formal classes with assignments and quizzes)
Go visit friends
Visit one of my favorite places on earth!!!
Hike a mountain or two (or more).
Read a couple books for leisure/personal edification.
Start swimming again
Have people visit me
Write and send snail mail letters to people

Really, my summer from here on out is pretty flexible and open.

Edit: Go to a major league Ultimate [frisbee] game!! :D It is the inaugural year of the major leagues for this sport! \:D/
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

TigerintheShadows wrote:My summer started off with a weekend in Atlanta, during which my Scholar's Bowl team got thoroughly thrashed at Nationals.
I think my roommate and his team were at Nationals then. He's part of the Edmond Memorial team.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

School, school and more school plus some work.

I am currently taking a semester of AP Biology (the second semester) and a semester of AP Macroeconomics. I still have my job at the public library, a lady's lawn to mow each week, and my neighbor's rental's to work at. For the last two weeks I made almost 300 painting for him which is good.

This school is going to be a little overwhelming but I need to do it to at least stay salutatorian. I would love to become valedictorian but the girl is too stinkin smart in front of me.