What race are you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

So these discussions always remind me of my 10th grade Western Civilizations class, when the teacher asked everyone to write down their nationality. Then we went around the room answering. Everyone else had said their heritage, where their ancestors had come from, even though it was generations before. I was the only person out of 30 or so that gave the answer American. The US is the nation I feel I best identify with, as I'm pretty much a Euro-mutt. I am my own "melting pot." I'm ancestrally from too many countries to identify as one or another. (English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Latvian, who knows what else?) I'm glad that, in a sense, the world we have here on The ToO's little corner of the internet is color blind. I'm glad everyone can be whoever they are! Not all places in the world share that freedom.
\:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

lol it cracks me up to see people are like "I'm white and i don't know why anybody wouldn't be white."
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

~JCGJ~ wrote:I am just a member of the Human Race! And Child of Jesus Christ, along with every other believer, no matter what the ethnicity.

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. :D :lol:
Me too. \:D/
Pip wrote:I'm just white trash, man.

It's funny how on censuses and stuff the choices are like "African-American, Arab-American, Hispanic-American, Asian-American, Spanish-American, or WHITE SUCKAH." \:D/
:lol:
Steve wrote:I am a NASCAR race.
Clever. =D>

I am caucasian. I'm pretty much just one shade from being whiter than white. :wink:
Love is stronger than death.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm a bunch of German. Some unknown, and a tiny bit of just about everything else in Europe.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm Caucasian...my background is from different European countries, the highest percentages being Ireland and Italy. \:D/ On my dad's side, it really hasn't been that long since they immigrated...it was either my great-grandparents or their parents that came over.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Some of my friends consider me part-Vulcan. I'm apparently the sane one, you see. Due to this, many of you may not want to meet my friends.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Quackie wrote:lol it cracks me up to see people are like "I'm white and i don't know why anybody wouldn't be white."
Quite. I used to be like that too though, sadly. However, I really shouldn't have assumed, because I did end up befriending an Indian girl(also Hindu) when I was like, 11. And then they moved away to CA and I lost contact. :(

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Quackie wrote:lol it cracks me up to see people are like "I'm white and i don't know why anybody wouldn't be white."
Quite. I used to be like that too though, sadly. However, I really shouldn't have assumed, because I did end up befriending an Indian girl(also Hindu) when I was like, 11. And then they moved away to CA and I lost contact. :(
Yeah... I have to admit that I kind of always picture online people as being white. Not because I'm prejudiced, but because so few people around where I live are of other ethnicitys (sp.? )... I have had friends before that weren't white, but unfortunately right now I really don't have very many. :( My world is too small.

\:D/