Spinoff of Odyssey?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Yea as if you could ever solve a mystery
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It was released and it wasn't supposed to be. That's all there is to it.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Michael wrote:It was released and it wasn't supposed to be. That's all there is to it.
Seems like this happens more than every once in a while. .
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I noticed it was gone, so I came here. That does sound familiar. It was early 2009 when Paul McCusker put online working with a new Whit.. fueling speculation here.. and it was removed and it took a few months before we finally found out the truth.

Phil Lollar mentioned in podcast they talked about a Connie - Eugene in college spinoff in the 1990s. I wonder if that is what it about. Either then.. or bringing that idea back.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

And it wouldn't have been posted on AIOWiki if it was just made up. Trust me, we have people that take care of that kind of thing. ;)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It wasn't made up. Just released when it wasn't supposed to be.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Then I would highly suggest everyone forget everything they heard in the last 5 minutes, to borrow the colloquialism.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Where are those memory erasers when you need them? ;)

Of course, the Imagination Station can basically nullify those now, anyway. :anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

ATTENTION:

I have the scoop on why it got removed.

I talked to "the advertiser" for the spinoff, and he said it got removed because he got an email saying to take it down because it has not yet been approached to AIO or Focus. He said they that they knew it would get removed (though they were disappointed it got removed so quickly), but wanted proof that AIO needs a spin off show. However, while the idea was up, they received "a lot of GREAT comments." Which is what they were hoping for. I also directed the advertiser to this topic so he could see some more fan thoughts about the subject. He liked the comments here too, and is going to show the creator this topic. He also said there is a title for the spinoff show, but it is not yet released...so he didn't tell me.

That being said, I think we should continue venting our thoughts, concerns, and questions about the spinoff. I'm sure they would like to hear them. =]
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

snubs wrote:ATTENTION:

I have the scoop on why it got removed.

I talked to "the advertiser" for the spinoff, and he said it got removed because he got an email saying to take it down because it has not yet been approached to AIO or Focus. He said they that they knew it would get removed (though they were disappointed it got removed so quickly), but wanted proof that AIO needs a spin off show. However, while the idea was up, they received "a lot of GREAT comments." Which is what they were hoping for. I also directed the advertiser to this topic so he could see some more fan thoughts about the subject. He liked the comments here too, and is going to show the creator this topic. He also said there is a title for the spinoff show, but it is not yet released...so he didn't tell me.

That being said, I think we should continue venting our thoughts, concerns, and questions about the spinoff. I'm sure they would like to hear them. =]
...so AIO and Focus don't even know about it, but our feedback is important to a random fan getting DOZENS of comments of support? \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

The Top Crusader wrote:...so AIO and Focus don't even know about it, but our feedback is important to a random fan getting DOZENS of comments of support? \:D/
Well, we know it's a former staff member so, it's not exactly "some random fan". But, ya... sounds like it.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

"Former staff member" means something, I suppose, but if I go to an old job and start saying "HEY YOU GUYS SHOULD START DOING SUCH AND SUCH!" obviously nothing is going to get done because of it if I'm not a current employee. ;)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I don't really know what he meant by that.. he kind of talked in fragments. :-k

Just heard that Phil Lollar is in on it (don't know if that's true though). And if I heard right, I think he is the creator, so he apparently knew about it being posted.
Last edited by snubs on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

snubs wrote:I don't really know what he meant by that.. he kind of talked in fragments. :-k

Just heard that Phil Lollar is in on it (don't know if that's true though). And if I heard right, I think he is the creator, so he apparently knew about it being posted.
you are correct with your thoughts, he told me what to post
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

Ok, I'm confused. So this was a just a thing to get feedback, so that Focus would see it, so they would possibly start production on the program, and the whole thing was devised by Phil Lollar and some other guy?
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Well I'll give feedback...

Do it, FOTF! :pray: I would love to see an AIO series for older listeners.

\:D/
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

Steve wrote:I think we should just have a spin-off where we abandon Whit, Connie, Eugene, and the other people and just focus on Jason saving the world.

And if this does go through, I hope every episode has an intensity warning. \:D/

EEEEEE!!! I love Jason. That is what I was thinking when I read the original post. Whit, Connie, Eugene- and Jason! Though yes, if it was just Jason-centric, I wouldn't mind either. And the words "covert government operations" got me very excited for this reason:

Here is a secret (well, sort of): Odyssey, particularly A Name, Not a Number got me interested in things like international government intrigue and helped me develop a crush on Jason when I was about 11 years old. My first crush I think (now there's the secret. :)

So if more similar episodes popped up, I would be in heaven. :)

{weird post yes but I am feeling weird right now probably because I didn't eat all day...tmi}
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

ATTENTION WHOEVER IS GATHERING ALL THE COMMENTS!

Please do a spin-off with just Jason saving the world! It would be awesome! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Woody wrote:Please do a spin-off with just Jason saving the world! It would be awesome!
Uh... a spin-off like that sounds like it would be really cliche. :-
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

snubs wrote:
Woody wrote:Please do a spin-off with just Jason saving the world! It would be awesome!
Uh... a spin-off like that sounds like it would be really cliche. :-
Yeah, it would be kinda lame ;P "The names Jason. Jason Bond." and then a dramatic music intro and a bunch of shooting, backflips, and car chases =P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer