Eugene Sings Christmas

Anybody getting it???

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Evil Chick wrote:
Laurie wrote:I don't like the cover art for either one, but there is nothing we can do. We don't listen to the covers anyway.
Very true! As long as the songs are good, who cares?
Exactly!! The first one is excellent, so I am looking forward to this one.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Laurie wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:
Laurie wrote:I don't like the cover art for either one, but there is nothing we can do. We don't listen to the covers anyway.
Very true! As long as the songs are good, who cares?
Exactly!! The first one is excellent, so I am looking forward to this one.
Where can you hear an example?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Probably at the official site, or the Eugene page.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Laurie wrote:Probably at the official site, or the Eugene page.
Okay, thanks! I will have to look at FOTF too.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Snaggly Maggly wrote:
Laurie wrote:Probably at the official site, or the Eugene page.
Okay, thanks! I will have to look at FOTF too.
I do not know if FOTF has samples up or not but the Eugene page has clips of two songs.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Somewhat off-topic, but it appears WhitsEnd.org has used a couple quotes from our dear friends, Laurie and AIOfan11! :D

http://www.whitsend.org/eugenereturns/eugenesings2.html
WhitsEnd.org wrote:Adventures in Odyssey fans can't stop talking about Eugene's first-ever musical album – designed for families or anyone who loves imaginative songs. "I absolutely love this album," says 'Laurie' on a fan message board. "It is very hard to pick a favorite."
WhitsEnd.org wrote:Fans aren't the only ones taking notice of Mr. Meltsner's new singing career. Aspiring Retail Magazine praised Eugene Sings! for its originality: "Several music styles such as gospel, honky-tonk, country and even scat are explored in a fresh and fun way" (July 2005 issue). The 17 original songs are distinguished by "rockin' ukulele music for added zing," as Christian Retailing Magazine put it (July 4, 2005). Yet a few fans also like the simplicity of some songs, like 'Miss AIOFan' who wrote, "I just want to hear Eugene croon."
\:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Somewhat off-topic, but it appears WhitsEnd.org has used a couple quotes from our dear friends, Laurie and AIOfan11! :D

WhitsEnd.org wrote:Adventures in Odyssey fans can't stop talking about Eugene's first-ever musical album – designed for families or anyone who loves imaginative songs. "I absolutely love this album," says 'Laurie' on a fan message board. "It is very hard to pick a favorite."
WhitsEnd.org wrote:Fans aren't the only ones taking notice of Mr. Meltsner's new singing career. Aspiring Retail Magazine praised Eugene Sings! for its originality: "Several music styles such as gospel, honky-tonk, country and even scat are explored in a fresh and fun way" (July 2005 issue). The 17 original songs are distinguished by "rockin' ukulele music for added zing," as Christian Retailing Magazine put it (July 4, 2005). Yet a few fans also like the simplicity of some songs, like 'Miss AIOFan' who wrote, "I just want to hear Eugene croon."
That's the awesomest ever! So they really are looking at our comments here! \:D/ *plans to post more on our new merchandise topics*
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

*is sure fact has been mentioned*

Nevertheless, that's quite cool.

-Jonathan
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Awesomeness \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Somewhat off-topic, but it appears WhitsEnd.org has used a couple quotes from our dear friends, Laurie and AIOfan11! :D

That's so cool! :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Sorry for the double post...

BUT, I got my copy today! I really liked it! Totally funny! Although, the last track was a little strange...

Anway, now I'm just waiting for my copy of Eugene Sings to get here...
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Evil Chick wrote:Sorry for the double post...

BUT, I got my copy today! I really liked it! Totally funny! Although, the last track was a little strange...

Anway, now I'm just waiting for my copy of Eugene Sings to get here...
I am so glad to hear that the Christmas album is good. I have not had a chance to listen to my copy yet.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I picked up a copy of Eugene Sings Christmas this past Sunday. Although I have not yet listened to all the tracks, I must say I'm pleased with what I have heard thus far. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I picked up a copy of Eugene Sings Christmas this past Sunday. Although I have not yet listened to all the tracks, I must say I'm pleased with what I have heard thus far. :)
Is it better than the cover art? Lol! :-#
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

AIOFan11 wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I picked up a copy of Eugene Sings Christmas this past Sunday. Although I have not yet listened to all the tracks, I must say I'm pleased with what I have heard thus far. :)
Is it better than the cover art? Lol! :-#
Most definitely!!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I may get it. I haven't even bought the first Eugene Sings yet. Perhaps on my birthday list.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I'll definately buy the "Eugene Sings! Christmas" album! Once I buy it (which will probably be very soon), I'm sure I'll love the songs, but I'll have to close my eyes each time I open the CD to avoid looking at the front cover ;).
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

EugeneFan wrote:I'll definately buy the "Eugene Sings! Christmas" album! Once I buy it (which will probably be very soon), I'm sure I'll love the songs, but I'll have to close my eyes each time I open the CD to avoid looking at the front cover ;).
I know. I don't like it either.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

"I consider this CD to be complete and utter tripe... an absolute abomination to the good name of Focus on the Family, Adventures in Odyssey, and the character of Eugene Meltsner. Shame on you, Will Ryan, for promoting this despicable brand of 'music' to impressionable children."

BOOYAH! QUOTE THAT, AIOHQ!!!! :x

(not that it really reflects my views, as I haven't heard it... I just want to see if they print it! \:D/ )
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

I plan to get eugenes christmas.Im gowing to check the bible store near buy .If they dont have it Ill order it:)