New Lady Gaga single 'Born This Way'!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

takeitfromthetop wrote:wow I didn't know you all liked Lady Gaga. I very much dislike her. she doesn't stand for Christian principles.
Thank you tiftt... I don't mean to be a white blanket, but Lady GaGa is wrong. She sometimes wears extremely indecent outfits. Anyone else agree?

\:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

ric wrote:*braces himself for upcoming harsh words/arguments* \:D/
I haven't read all that's in this thread yet, but it seems my prediction has come true. :-
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

ric wrote:
ric wrote:*braces himself for upcoming harsh words/arguments* \:D/
I haven't read all that's in this thread yet, but it seems my prediction has come true. :-
When you make a thread about someone as controversial to the christian community like lady gaga on a christian forum.... your bound to get some form of arguments. Good thing this isn't like a another forum I know where people would just be saying a bunch of random gibberish when people disagree with them.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

gunblader3 wrote:Its okay I guess. She obviously wrote this song dedicating to the LGBT community though. Lyrics are a lot stronger in this song (positively) then her other hit songs such as Poker Face, Alejandro, and Bad Romance. Though unlike the last three songs I listed, this one isn't as catchy. When the music video comes out, I'm not going to watch it as the music video like "Telephone" ft. Beyonce totally killed it for me.

Anyways not a big fan of hers, but she knows how to make catchy pop music.
Ya, it's pretty obvious that this song is geared towards the LGBT, it's really meant for anyone who feels like an outcast.

I've heard a couple other songs from her forthcoming album, and they are all positive, for the most part like this song.

"You And I", one of the many singles that will come from this album, is stunning. The emotion and conviction with which she sings this song is a thing of beauty to behold. I encourage everyone to search for this song on YouTube; they have a lot of amazing live versions that Gaga performs at her concert. Great song.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Trixie Belden wrote:Check out pluggedin.com's review of Lady Gaga, Psyche.
http://www.pluggedin.com/music/tracks/2 ... mance.aspx
To be perfectly honest, I have never put very much stock in anything PluggedIn has to say............
Plugged In just tells it like it is. And Plugged In is RIGHT about Lady Gag. (yes, I did that on purpose.)

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Pluggedin is hilarious.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've agreed with about everything in this thread so far (Edit: err... not quite everything), but AIOP, one thing you said troubles me.
AIO Psyche wrote:As Gaga says in the new song, "There's nothing wrong with loving who you are." Seems like a lot of Christians and churches feel like people today shouldn't love themselves or be ok with who they are.
I take issue with this idea of "loving yourself"; it's everywhere thesedays. I see it both from non-Christians and Christians, and lukewarm people in between. A super-conservative Baptist church recently published a book titled "I Hate LOVE Myself". To a degree, this theology isn't bad. We are created in the very image of God, and therefore we should accept the way God has made us (particularly our physical appearance). We cannot, however, use "acceptance" as a free license to sin.

We must not forget verses like Jeremiah 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Everyone on earth is a sin nature and a flesh which never stops wanting to sin. Yes, we should accept the way God has made us! But never confuse the design of God with our own desire to do wrong.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

EK wrote:Pluggedin is hilarious.
Indeed sir. Indeed. :lol:
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I honestly think that Lady Gaga is a very talented artist. She's one of the few artists nowa days that can actually sing well without autotune. I like her music in general.

I personally do not like her new song though, I think it's the worst one I've heard of hers on the radio. I like her older stuff a lot better!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

AIO Psyche wrote:
EK wrote:Pluggedin is hilarious.
Indeed sir. Indeed. :lol:
You're mocking people who rate movies, and songs based on Biblical principles FUNNY? there is absolutely nothing funny about having what God commanded show through in our music tastes.
Last edited by Lee on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Lord, I thank you for making me such an fair, open-minded, tolerant person and not like those nasty, backward, ignorant, Bible-thumping, Pharasaical folks at PluggedIn. Amen.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Dr. Watson, you have single handedly made my day. Thank you so much for that!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Was he trying to make a point? I'm rather dense.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

American Eagle wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:As Gaga says in the new song, "There's nothing wrong with loving who you are." Seems like a lot of Christians and churches feel like people today shouldn't love themselves or be ok with who they are.
I take issue with this idea of "loving yourself"; it's everywhere thesedays. I see it both from non-Christians and Christians, and lukewarm people in between. A super-conservative Baptist church recently published a book titled "I Hate LOVE Myself". To a degree, this theology isn't bad. We are created in the very image of God, and therefore we should accept the way God has made us (particularly our physical appearance). We cannot, however, use "acceptance" as a free license to sin.

We must not forget verses like Jeremiah 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Everyone on earth is a sin nature and a flesh which never stops wanting to sin. Yes, we should accept the way God has made us! But never confuse the design of God with our own desire to do wrong.
AE is a mutant who reads minds. :( I actually have been planning on saying basically that since yesterday. Now I don't need to! \:D/ But yeah, accepting God made you with a crooked nose or Africa-shaped birthmark.. fine! But we all have a sinful nature, we all have traits that are either sinful or in the very least not positive. We should strive to better ourselves always while at the same time not being depressed because maybe we don't measure up to whatever ideal. Not just be stagnant and WEEEEEEE LOVE!!!! YAY I AM A BUM BUT THAT IS OKAY BECAUSE GOD HAS NO REAL POTENTIAL OR AMBITION FOR ME

And yes, Pluggedin is hilarious. Pointing out things that are bad in a movie=fine. Making up things/completely misconstruing things=funny.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Not having solid construction of reviews is funny too.

I go through Jesusfreakhideout.com's movie reviews. They rate based on how good the movie is + the content. Not just the content like pluggedin.
he/him | a little stinker.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Steve wrote:Not having solid construction of reviews is funny too.

I go through Jesusfreakhideout.com's movie reviews. They rate based on how good the movie is + the content. Not just the content like pluggedin.
See, that the way it shoud be IMO.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

iluvsns wrote:
takeitfromthetop wrote:wow I didn't know you all liked Lady Gaga. I very much dislike her. she doesn't stand for Christian principles.
Thank you tiftt... I don't mean to be a white blanket, but Lady GaGa is wrong. She sometimes wears extremely indecent outfits. Anyone else agree?
Definitely. Even when I went to listen to the preview of "Born This Way," I was shocked at how she was dressed (or undressed).
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Sapphire wrote:Definitely. Even when I went to listen to the preview of "Born This Way," I was shocked at how she was dressed (or undressed).
But...........what did you think of the song? #-o
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Dr. Watson wrote:Lord, I thank you for making me such an fair, open-minded, tolerant person and not like those nasty, backward, ignorant, Bible-thumping, Pharasaical folks at PluggedIn. Amen.

Are you trying to make a point here? If so, most likely not a valid one. I'm not sure you quite understand what PluggedIn is there to do. PLugged in has set out to review stuff from a fairly conservative Christian point of view, and tell the audience before they have a chance to see the movie, what to expect. Not to bash every new movie that comes out. If you find taking a very close look at every negative element of a movie as a bad thing, then that's simply your blurred perspective. You say they're closed minded? Of course. they SHOULD be. We're Christians, as as such, we have the truth. we shouldn't have our minds open to try to take in all other flawed worldly points of view. As it said in on of the more recent episodes of Odyssey, "being open minded is just another way to say that you're empty headed". I also missed the part where "bible thumping" became a bad thing?
Last edited by Aaron Wiley on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Jesus_Minime wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:Lord, I thank you for making me such an fair, open-minded, tolerant person and not like those nasty, backward, ignorant, Bible-thumping, Pharasaical folks at PluggedIn. Amen.

Are you trying to make a point here? If so, most likely not a valid one. I'm not sure you quite understand what PluggedIn is there to do. PLugged in has set out to review stuff from a fairly conservative Christian point of view, and tell the audience before they have a chance to see the movie, what to expect. Not to bash every new movie that comes out. If you find taking a very close look at every negative element of a movie as a bad thing, then that's simply your blurred perspective. You say they're closed minded? Of course. they SHOULD be. We're Christians, as as such, we have the truth. we should have our minds open to try to take in all other flawed worldly points of view. As it said in on of the more recent episodes of Odyssey, "being open minded is just another way to say that you're empty headed". I also missed the part where "bible thumping" became a bad thing?
I think he was being sarcastic from his use of words. Watson, you may not have been, but that was the impression that I got.