Depression

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

[quote="Me"]Yeah, as a general rule, I say forget the meds. They are an excuese. Not that I'd know from personal experience. All IMO. Wow. quote] Definetly forget the meds! And I, on the other hand, can say that they are just an excuse from personal experience! I was VERY depressed when I was eight or nine (like suicidal depressed) and I took no meds and here I am...alive and um...strange.
Do you believe in the couch?
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I don't think it's fair to say that meds are just an excuse. Honestly, I think I'd have LESS of an excuse if I were on meds. Right now, I could just fly off the handle at someone for no reason and blame it on my problem. (But I don't want to do that, so I've been trying very hard to exercise restraint the past several days.) Anyways, if I were on medication for this, I wouldn't have any excuse for doing that.

Don't say that all medication is an excuse for everyone-- because the last time I checked, you weren't a medical doctor and didn't know everyone's situation.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Rachael wrote:I don't think it's fair to say that meds are just an excuse. Honestly, I think I'd have LESS of an excuse if I were on meds. Right now, I could just fly off the handle at someone for no reason and blame it on my problem. (But I don't want to do that, so I've been trying very hard to exercise restraint the past several days.) Anyways, if I were on medication for this, I wouldn't have any excuse for doing that.

Don't say that all medication is an excuse for everyone-- because the last time I checked, you weren't a medical doctor and didn't know everyone's situation.
Amen. Thanks for that, Rachael. People can get so judgmental about medications and hello, there are doctors, psychiatrists, and medical researchers out there who are obviously trying to help people live life as healthily as they can. I'd never claim that medicine is the only cure for any ailment, but surely they have a place in many situations.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Continental Crusader wrote:Yeah, I don't see how it's taboo to use this kind of medication when most Christians would seek medical aid for other problems...

Depression, mental illness, or whatever sickness or disease or ailment... first and foremost, prayer is important. But medicine exists for a reason.
Brian is so wise! :mecry:
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

EUCC wrote:
Rachael wrote:I don't think it's fair to say that meds are just an excuse. Honestly, I think I'd have LESS of an excuse if I were on meds. Right now, I could just fly off the handle at someone for no reason and blame it on my problem. (But I don't want to do that, so I've been trying very hard to exercise restraint the past several days.) Anyways, if I were on medication for this, I wouldn't have any excuse for doing that.

Amen. Thanks for that, Rachael. People can get so judgmental about medications and hello, there are doctors, psychiatrists, and medical researchers out there who are obviously trying to help people live life as healthily as they can. I'd never claim that medicine is the only cure for any ailment, but surely they have a place in many situations.
Oh, good... I was afraid I might be 'flying off the handle' anyways... ;-)
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Every situation is different.
What’s right for you might not be what’s right for me.
What’s right today might not be what’s right next year.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

ajamj wrote:Every situation is different.
What’s right for you might not be what’s right for me.
What’s right today might not be what’s right next year.
Exactly how I feel. *is proud that she avoided using the word "ditto" *

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.