Album 53

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Ooh, Richard Maxwell coming back would be great! I can't think of any reason why he couldn't (relating to previous plots). \:D/
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Richard won't be coming back, mainly because Odyssey is generally of only using new characters now. They won't bring back someone from forever ago.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall
It’s my birthday

Post by Mark Prescott »

Well, they did bring Richard back a few times when we least expected it...
~Mark Prescott~
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I remember from recent podcasts that Regis Blackgaard and Philip Glossman won't be coming back - but there's been no such confirmation for Richard Maxwell. Regis Blackbeard asked a writer (Nathan Hoobler?) if he was coming back, but he didn't say one way or another. I predict Jason and Richard to return for Album 53. :yes:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm hoping that Jason returns, but not Richard Maxwell.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Why not Richard? I want him to come back.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Adventures in Odyssey may have ruined Jason for me. I mean, I like him. But I feel every time he shows up for the show nowadays its for some unbelievable adventure-spy reason...

I always liked him because he was "cool", but really, i think most of us grew to like him because of the really good slice-of-life episodes he was part of, with a hint of reckless adventure every so often...none of this "let's call Jason up" to battle the Whisperer, Dalton Kern, or get things done in "The Impossible". I'd like them to go back to giving him a more 'normal' storyline, at least for a bit, and THEN throw him into danger once we're bored with that.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

EMBEE wrote:Why not Richard? I want him to come back.

What purpose would he serve? Marry Connie? Yuck, we all know that Connie should not even date, much less marry. IMHO his usefulness ended with the end of the Blackgaard sagas.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Laurie raises a fair point. As far as logistics go, I can't see Richard coming back. I mean, sure, we all love speculating, and some of us do adamently want Richard back, but Richard's working a lot on the "redeem thyself" front, and that's got to extend to more than Odyssey. What purpose would he serve coming back to Odyssey? And as far as marrying Connie goes...ugh, where's a barfing smiley when you need one? That just sounds really weird and gross to me.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

at first I thought it might be about Mitch coming back... but then I listen'd to that one OAIOP and my dreams and hopes were shattered forever. :cry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

We now have a summary for this.
First, a backpack filled with money is found in Gower's Field; then, a mysterious man survives a nearby plane crash; and an underworld errand boy has possession of a special cell phone. This new adventure puts your kids' favorite Odyssey characters at the center of intrigue, suspense, and a scheme of international proportions!
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

your kids' favorite Odyssey characters
I hope we see some great characters come back like Hank Murray! \:D/
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

This summary makes me excited! But....a cell phone? Hmmmm. I don't know, doesn't sound right to me.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Lol, Irwin.

I'm fairly certain that none of the characters that are that old will be coming back. Odyssey has started a new "era" and as they've relaunched, they don't want to bring back characters that really serve no purpose any more, and are unfamiliar to the new Odyssey fans. As of Album 51, I'm predicting that there will be virtually no references (character wise) to the past any more, other than fundamental things such as Whit's wife. Even though, it would be cool to have The Barkley family back for a few more seasons, (and I not necessarily saying that WON'T happen, only that it's highly unlikely) this Most likeyl won't happen because of the relaunch of the show trying to "Take It From the Top".
Last edited by Aaron Wiley on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

...Gower's Field; then, a mysterious man survives a nearby plane crash; and an underworld...
These words are epic. The rest is meh. I'm looking forward to it, though. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall
It’s my birthday

Post by Mark Prescott »

Wow... O.o An arrend boy from the underworld? AIO is going greek mythology!
~Mark Prescott~
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Just thought of this. Could 'green ring' mean cell phone ring??
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall
It’s my birthday

Post by Mark Prescott »

Well, how could a ring tone be green? Well... If it is from the underworld... The phone could glow the color green!!! O.o
~Mark Prescott~
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Maybe the cell phone is green? IDK. lol heehee
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:First, a backpack filled with money is found in Gower's Field; then, a mysterious man survives a nearby plane crash; and an underworld errand boy has possession of a special cell phone. This new adventure puts your kids' favorite Odyssey characters at the center of intrigue, suspense, and a scheme of international proportions!
Hades, Lord of the Underworld and president of Hostess Snack Cakes, has a beef with John Avery Whittaker. Once his most lucrative client, purchasing over 10,000 boxes of Twinkies per year, the new Fit Whit has single-handedly caused Lord Hades's empire to begin to crumble. In order to entice Whit to return to his gluttonous ways, he arranges for a backpack full of Twinkie Dollars to be dropped off in Odyssey.

When Whittaker refuses to take the cream-filled bait, the Lord of the Underworld has no choice but to head to Odyssey himself, aboard his personal jet. In his haste, his failure to check all his instrument panels on the way out of Athens International Airport results in a horrible crash upon his descent, just outside Odenton. The immortal god emerges from the wreckage under the guise of a traveling cupcake salesman.

Despite his best efforts, Hades is forced to turn to his final, ultimate plan. He summons his personal gopher, and commands him to possess Whit's cell phone. Now, whenever he hears his favourite ringtone from the new Green Album, the words "Twinkies" and "buy" seem to subliminally invade Whit's mind. Before long, Whit, Wooton, and every other fatty food-loving resident of Odyssey will find themselves wrapped up in a conflict between America and Greece in the ultimate showdown.
Last edited by Boswell on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.