World Cup

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO GERMANY GOING THROUGH. :x NO NO NO. ENGLAND BEAT GERMANY. ENGLAND BEAT ARGENTINA. USA BEAT ENGLAND AND GO TO THE FINAL. DONE.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Can you imagine if we draw England in the semis and beat them? :lol:

There might be another war between us.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Germany vs England... Joachim Low vs Fabio Capello... Rooney vs Podolski... that would be fun to see.
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Aaaaaand..... Bye bye USA. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I. Will. Kill. Clark. :x He gives up the ball that gives up the opening goal.... Grrr.... Does he know how to play midfield? I don't think so. You don't start somehow who wasn't in the starting line up in the last two games for the KNOCKOUT ROUND. You don't. You don't leave Tim Howard scrambling to cover the goal. YOU DON'T LOSE TO GHANA AND GET KNOCKED OUT OF THE WORLD CUP. :x

And yet, you did. :twat:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I watched the second half the USA vs. Ghana game. All I can say is the annoying horn-buzzing-whatever-you-call-it sound is the biggest turn-off ever. I muted it. :-$
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Termite wrote:Aaaaaand..... Bye bye USA. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I. Will. Kill. Clark. :x He gives up the ball that gives up the opening goal.... Grrr.... Does he know how to play midfield? I don't think so. You don't start somehow who wasn't in the starting line up in the last two games for the KNOCKOUT ROUND. You don't. You don't leave Tim Howard scrambling to cover the goal. YOU DON'T LOSE TO GHANA AND GET KNOCKED OUT OF THE WORLD CUP. :x

And yet, you did. :twat:
I HATE that Clark! Join the club mate! Conceding goals and FAILING for your nation! Why not Maurice Edu on the starting XI? I'm confused!
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Germany's destroying England!!!!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:I watched the second half the USA vs. Ghana game. All I can say is the annoying horn-buzzing-whatever-you-call-it sound is the biggest turn-off ever. I muted it. :-$
It's a vuvuzela, and it's not annoying. :noway: I want one! But yeah Ghana! We ruled!

And I know that several people will be against Ghana in their game vs Uruguay....
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I know little to nothing about the World Cup...slap me with a fish as you will!
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Anna><> wrote:Germany's destroying England!!!!
Correction, Germany *did* destroy England
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

And I'm so happy for it. \:D/ Haha, THEY WENT OUT IN A MORE EMBARASSING FASHION THEN THE USAofA DID!!! TAKE THAT YOU THREE LIONS! HAH! \:D/
Young&Mighty wrote:I HATE that Clark! Join the club mate! Conceding goals and FAILING for your nation! Why not Maurice Edu on the starting XI? I'm confused!
I know, right? He didn't even come on I don't think in the past two games, so why start him in the knockout round? *waves arms frantically* It's outrageous!
Love you always, SnC
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

StupendousMan wrote:
Anna><> wrote:Germany's destroying England!!!!
Correction, Germany *did* destroy England
Yeah, I was watching the game online while I posted that, so it was in present at the time, but now it's in past.

But anyways, I really hope that Argentina doesn't play against Germany.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

i like teh vuvuzelas. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Jelly wrote:i like teh vuvuzelas. \:D/
Seriously? I LOVE them. \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Marvin D. wrote:
Jelly wrote:i like teh vuvuzelas. \:D/
Seriously? I LOVE them. \:D/
Thirded! I think I'd rank it somewhere under nails on a chalkboard, but over screaming babies in church. ;) Oh, and if anyone doesn't know what we're talking about, click the stupid soccer ball on YouTube. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Netherlands 1 up over Slovakia in the 61st minute! They've got 'em, I think... Slovakia are basically chasing the ball around.

-- 29 Jun 2010 03:36 pm --

Half time Portugal vs Spain! \:D/ I personally hope this one stays nil nil and goes to PKs. :-
Love you always, SnC
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Marvin D. wrote:And I know that several people will be against Ghana in their game vs Uruguay....
Starting with me! :x I'm so angry; I hope Argentina crushes Ghana. (Sorry to the Ghana fans. :- )
Last edited by Aeva on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Lieutenant Aeva wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:And I know that several people will be against Ghana in their game vs Uruguay....
Starting with me! :x I'm so angry; I hope Argentina crushes Ghana. (Sorry to the Ghana fans. :- )
Um....Marvin is a Ghana fan! :noway:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I actually want Ghana to go all the way. \:D/ Hey, Henry Withersnowsomething predicted 50+ years ago that an African team would win the Cup by 2010, so there. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I don't know who I want to win now that USA lost????