Death

and how FOTF/AIO portrays it

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:
Shawndlay wrote:
LizzieG wrote:In my opinion, the quality and quantity of death episodes is just right, though I wouldn't be opposed to another one. I do want to give a shout-out to the episode "The Very Best of Friends," though, for its dealing with grief so well.

Haha, they should make an episode simply titled "Death"! :lol:
That's the final show. :-$
Blackgaard was hiding out in a hidden house he built under whit's end while he had control of it, where there's Ruku so he grdually collect the small amounts so he can take over the world and kill everyone. :wink:
Ah Irwin what an imagination you have. So, is it your theory that Blackgaard is not really dead?
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Shawndlay wrote:
LizzieG wrote:In my opinion, the quality and quantity of death episodes is just right, though I wouldn't be opposed to another one. I do want to give a shout-out to the episode "The Very Best of Friends," though, for its dealing with grief so well.

Haha, they should make an episode simply titled "Death"! :lol:
That's the final show. :-$
Blackgaard was hiding out in a hidden house he built under whit's end while he had control of it, where there's Ruku so he grdually collect the small amounts so he can take over the world and kill everyone. :wink:
Don't talk like that! I want Blackgaard to be gone forever. Bring back Bennett Charles or whomever, but not Regis Blackgaard. ("That's Doctor Blackgaard!")
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Blackgaard HAS to come back, he's one of the coolest characters, and from what I understand, he could still be alive.

If Jack Allen was blown one way and atill alive, then why couldn't Blackgaard still be alive. After all, we thought blackgaard was dead several other times, like in The Battle, ANNAN, and I Slap Floor ( :wink: ).

Even what happened in Blavkgaard's revenge, doesn't mean anything, my personal opion os that Blackgaard's revenge is one if the worst episodes ever.

^ Again only my weird opinion
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

my personal opion os that Blackgaard's revenge is one if the worst episodes ever.
I agree. I thought it was kinda pointless and pushing it.
Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:Blackgaard HAS to come back, he's one of the coolest characters, and from what I understand, he could still be alive.

If Jack Allen was blown one way and atill alive, then why couldn't Blackgaard still be alive. After all, we thought blackgaard was dead several other times, like in The Battle, ANNAN, and I Slap Floor ( :wink: ).

Even what happened in Blavkgaard's revenge, doesn't mean anything, my personal opion os that Blackgaard's revenge is one if the worst episodes ever.

^ Again only my weird opinion
I am torn on whether I would want Blackgaard back. All the Blackgaard stories make for incredible episodes, but I also like that the good guys triumphed over him in the Darkness Before Dawn saga. He was by far the best villain on Odyssey so far!
Last edited by Robyn Jacobs on Mon May 11, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:we thought blackgaard was dead several other times, like in The Battle
WE WHAT????????????

He was dead in the Battle???????????????????????? Did I miss something the last time I let my ears listen to that horrid two-parter???

I'm missing something here.....

PS: I don't call Blackgaard's Revenge the worst (there ARE worse ones... there is NO doubt about that), but it wasn't the greatest, of course. They could have done better....
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:we thought blackgaard was dead several other times, like in The Battle
WE WHAT????????????

He was dead in the Battle???????????????????????? Did I miss something the last time I let my ears listen to that horrid two-parter???

PS: I don't call Blackgaard's Revenge the worst (there ARE worse ones... there is NO doubt about that), but it wasn't the greatest, of course. They could have done better....
You don't remember when Blackgaard's castle burned down? :-s
He was in the basement I think and then the doorway was blocked so Whit and Richard couldn't get to him. :sick:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

WE WHAT????????????

He was in the basement I think and then the doorway was blocked so Whit and Richard couldn't get to him. :sick:
Um, well, I had not one suspicion he was dead.... I knew he got out.... that's why I'm so confused. Yes I remember Blackgaard's Castle burned down. I'll never forget it either...
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

WE WHAT????????????

Um, well, I had not one suspicion he was dead.... I knew he got out.... that's why I'm so confused. Yes I remember Blackgaard's Castle burned down. I'll never forget it either...
I'm sorry, If I offend you (and plaese say if so), but we are both "new" fans. If we were around when album 5 aired, We may have had some thoughts that he was dead.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:He was dead in the Battle???????????????????????? Did I miss something the last time I let my ears listen to that horrid two-parter???

Listening later, it's pretty obvious the Blackgaard got away at the end of The Battle. However, when you hear Dr. Blackgaard for the first time in The Nemesis and The Battle you get the idea that he was a bad man, that he got what was coming to him, and that he may have died in the fire. I remember distincly my utter disbelief when hearing Dr. Blackgaard's voice in Waylaid in the Windy City. "No way! Dr. Blackgaard?"

And for the record, I don't believe Dr. Blackgaard is dead. Part of the beauty of his character is that he doesn't die, his body is never found. I sincerely hope they don't bring him back to Odyssey because it would be beating a dead horse, but I like to think that he's still out there wandering around, causing mischief.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Okay jsut for clarification. I am not "emo" or depressed or anything like that just some characters really enoy me like Jason. When I found out he was alive I went NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Also it often seems unrealistic when people survive everything.

Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote: his body is never found.
I love that aspect! I don't think that they give any indication at the end of the Final Conflict about finding him.
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

I love that aspect! I don't think that they give any indication at the end of the Final Conflict about finding him.
I agree that they keep it pretty open for Blackgaard to be around still. It would be kinda cool if he was. What about Bennett Charles? Anyone want him to come back? What about The Chairman? He definitely hinted he would be back.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Robyn Jacobs wrote:
I agree that they keep it pretty open for Blackgaard to be around still. It would be kinda cool if he was. What about Bennett Charles? Anyone want him to come back? What about The Chairman? He definitely hinted he would be back.
Didn't the Chairman say something like:

"I'm Done, For now"
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote: Didn't the Chairman say something like:

"I'm Done, For now"
Yes! I just listened to the Novacom saga again, and I caught him saying that. It surprised me. I missed it before, and I think it's crazy that they left it so open for Novacom or Andromeda to return with more evilness.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Robyn Jacobs wrote:
Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote: Didn't the Chairman say something like:

"I'm Done, For now"
Yes! I just listened to the Novacom saga again, and I caught him saying that. It surprised me. I missed it before, and I think it's crazy that they left it so open for Novacom or Andromeda to return with more evilness.
I'm still saying Blackgaard would be cooler though. In the official guide, I think they talked about the ideas they didn't use for album 50, and it was somewhat related to Blcakgaard.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Good Grief was a GREAT cassette album. I wish Focus would retool that one and re-release it. I would take out KYDS Radio (though it is one of my favorites, it doesn't have anything to do with grief) and put in A Lesson from Mike. I would also take out This is Chad Pearson and put in Where is Thy Sting and of course The Mortal Coil. I might even put in The Imagination Station and The Imagination Station REvisited to end with the message of the Resurrection. What a great opportunity!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

jennifertwt wrote:Good Grief was a GREAT cassette album. I wish Focus would retool that one and re-release it. I would take out KYDS Radio (though it is one of my favorites, it doesn't have anything to do with grief) and put in A Lesson from Mike. I would also take out This is Chad Pearson and put in Where is Thy Sting and of course The Mortal Coil. I might even put in The Imagination Station and The Imagination Station REvisited to end with the message of the Resurrection. What a great opportunity!
A new "death themed" album would be great, but there are so many albums ou there already. \:D/
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I must agree with that statement about Blackgaard still being alive, but AIO never bringing him back. It's that eerie mystery that I relish! Sometimes it's best not to conclude these things, but to let our mind wander and our imagination rush with thrilling thoughs.

Some people would like to envision him dead, but still, I like to think he lingers somewhere. :-
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Over The Rainbow wrote:I must agree with that statement about Blackgaard still being alive, but AIO never bringing him back. It's that eerie mystery that I relish! Sometimes it's best not to conclude these things, but to let our mind wander and our imagination rush with thrilling thoughs.

Some people would like to envision him dead, but still, I like to think he lingers somewhere. :-
I agree on both counts. Blackgaard is still alive, he has to be!!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Shortly after I first heard the Darkness Before Dawn saga, Jack's line "I was blown one way and he was blown the other," made me wonder if Blackgaard, too, had survived. It was an exciting thought, but now I'm of the firm opinion that he did, in fact, die. In "The Battle," it was pretty obvious that he didn't die: "They didn't find any trace of him in the rubble of Blackgaard's Castle, so we can only assume he got away," said Whit. Likewise, in "A Name, Not a Number," we found out that he wasn't actually dead by the end of the second part. Very different from "The Final Conflict."
jennifertwt wrote:Good Grief was a GREAT cassette album. I wish Focus would retool that one and re-release it. I would take out KYDS Radio (though it is one of my favorites, it doesn't have anything to do with grief) and put in A Lesson from Mike. I would also take out This is Chad Pearson and put in Where is Thy Sting and of course The Mortal Coil. I might even put in The Imagination Station and The Imagination Station REvisited to end with the message of the Resurrection. What a great opportunity!
A new "death themed" album would be great, but there are so many albums ou there already. \:D/
Whoa, I didn't even know that album existed!

Good suggestions on replacement episodes, Jennifer! I think "Recollections" would also be a good choice, as well as "Forever... Amen," "Greater Love," "Memories of Jerry," "Where's Your Daddy?", "Home Is Where the Hurt Is," "The Other Woman," and "Another Man's Shoes."