KING KONG *trailer!*

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Me wrote:I just got back from it.... absolutely amazing! Need to see it again before writing much of a review, though.
really? it looked really stupid to me.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Me
An original

Post by Me »

jasodia wrote:
Me wrote:I just got back from it.... absolutely amazing! Need to see it again before writing much of a review, though.
really? it looked really stupid to me.
The premise may sound crazy, but it was really good. The character development is just so good. It's an amazing example of good storytelling. Sure, it has a few problems, but there aren't many films like this anymore.
king kong skater
Classic

Post by king kong skater »

ive watched the old king kongs now and tomorow im going to watch the new king kong
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

If you watch the 1933 version than you'll notice they're mostly the same. PJ made this as a homage to that.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

A certan SOMEONE forced me to see it with them.. but they allowed me to hide during the scary icky parts. I hought it was pretty good, though it was a little long in places...like when Kong was fighting the dinosaurs...that went on FOREVER :sick: Other than that...I can say that I have seen it and that I didn't spend any money to do so \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

It would have been a LOT better if it wasnt 3 hours long. Overall..I liked it. But 3 hours is a long time to be sitting there watching King Kong..and they could have cut out some of the "trying to snatch the airplanes while they fly over King Kong's head and the T-Rex vs. King Kong and the dinasaur stampede. And some of the humor was a little out of place. But the abonimable snowman line was AWESOME!!! :D
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

I was REALLY looking forward to seeing this movie. I knew that with Peter Jackson at the helm, this would be a film of epic proportions. So I read pluggedinmag's review, which I usually do for new movies, and discover that there is an excessive amount of bad language, including misuses of Christ's name. That's a shame. Sure, it's probably a good movie as far as acting and effects are concerned, but I really don't feel like paying to listen to excessive profanity.
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

There was a little profanity but it certainly wouldn't be classified as "excessive" (well, any at all is excessive I suppose, but really, there wasn't much in this...).
Me
An original

Post by Me »

You are correct. Also, I noticed that in the pluggedin review, they actually misqoted on at least one occasion. The noted one profanity or inappropriate comment, which actually sounded similar in the movie, but wasn't bad at all.

Also, keep in mind that this amount of profanity is usually found in movies that are about 90 minutes long. With a runtime of over three hours, the profanity is really spread out, and for the length, there isn't very much at all.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Three hours long? That sealed the deal, I'm not seeing it! :noway:
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

The movie had its moments but overall it was just ok.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Three hours long? That sealed the deal, I'm not seeing it! :noway:
To me, at least, it didn't seem like a three hour movie (even though it was). Time FLEW! Or maybe I'm just a junkie for this kind of stuff..... :-k
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, I disliked LotR and thought they dragged, but King King seemed like it was a half hour or something...
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Me wrote:You are correct. Also, I noticed that in the pluggedin review, they actually misqoted on at least one occasion. The noted one profanity or inappropriate comment, which actually sounded similar in the movie, but wasn't bad at all.

Also, keep in mind that this amount of profanity is usually found in movies that are about 90 minutes long. With a runtime of over three hours, the profanity is really spread out, and for the length, there isn't very much at all.
That's good to hear. The fact that the language could have been spread out did cross my mind, but I wasn't sure. Like Top said, any profanity at all in a movie isn't right, but it seems to be the norm in films these days. :( Maybe I'll go see it after all...
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

If you want a great film with no profanity check out King Kong VS Godzilla or King Kong Escapes... \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I just got back from watching the film with my cousins this evening. Having never watched or read anything about King Kong before, I went into the theatre with a fairly objective perspective (I think :anxious:). That movie was incredible. :shock: I definitely enjoyed Lord of the Rings better, but that was due to my bias of having read and studied Tolkien's trilogy prior to viewing the films. That being said, Peter Jackson did an excellent job with King Kong. Whoever did the score receives a pat on a back, because it really contributed to the drama. As it should. :-k
Special effects were unbelievable. I didn't expect to see dinosaurs, that's for sure! It was rather amusing seeing the characters attempt to get out of their predicaments. As if their situation could get any worse, it did. I found the bugs rather repulsive, but the whole island was rather twisted in that regard. :D
It was great seeing Andy Serkis in the film, even though I didn't recognize him completely until... ahem... a certain point in the movie. Jack Black truly fit the character of Carl, as I had absolutely no sympathy for him once they reached the island. I loathed that character. He was the true villain. :roll:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Tinuviel
Found
Location: Here or there- but isn't here just there without the t??

Post by Tinuviel »

King-Kong... I just say it 2 days ago. I would have liked it if it would have been shorter. 3 hours was way too long. The t-rex fight was great, though it lasted a little too long. The bugs were- *shivers* I'm fine with anything but grasshoppers, crickets, locust, etc... They were nasty. Overall the special effects were very good, & Peter Jackson stayed pretty close to the original.
Only one life twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ twill last;
And when I am dying how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burnt out for Thee!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I saw it yesterday and I pretty much thought that it was an okay movie that you see once and you say well that was okay/good and say well that's enough of that movie for the next 5 years or ever. Personally I think the worldview was a worldview of Survival of the Fittest like in the battle of the Trex and Kong. It also had a few bad scenes which they didn't need and some bad language. I wouldn't recommend seeing it more then once every 5 years or so. It got kind of long, I think some of the scenes could have been much shorter. The best thing about the movie was the scenery! All I have to say about the scenery is... WOW \:D/
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I haven't seen the movie yet but i want to. But my youth pastor saw it and he thought that it was amazing but there were a couple of disturbing scences.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

JesusFreak777 wrote: though it was a little long in places...like when Kong was fighting the dinosaurs...that went on FOREVER
That was good! I'm glad they didn't cut anything out!

^^^^ Yes you should definately go see it in theatres! And there were some really good freaky parts, like the bug canyon! EEK!!!!!!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!