X-men Origins: Wolverine

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:I hear Magneto is next, that one I'm really looking forward to
Seriously? That would be awesome! He is one of those villains that you love to hate! I loved Gambit in this movie. So awesome. Hope he comes back in more movies.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They have been saying they will make a Magneto film for years, I'm not convinced anymore. :noway:
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

They have been saying they will make a Magneto film for years, I'm not convinced anymore.
We can only hope. Anyone know the background of Magneto's story? Wonder if it is as cool and crazy as Wolverine's.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Robyn Jacobs wrote:
They have been saying they will make a Magneto film for years, I'm not convinced anymore.
We can only hope. Anyone know the background of Magneto's story? Wonder if it is as cool and crazy as Wolverine's.
In X-Men 1 I believe it shows him captured as a boy by the Nazis with his mom. And of course the killing of loved ones hardens a persons heart in movies. His story will be nasty (in a violent way, I mean; not "bad" per se).
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

But he had the long phase of hanging around with Charles, I think they met in college or something. And the built a big dome thingie so Charles could put on a funny hat and track people illegally! \:D/

I dunno, Magneto is the obvious M-men villain, but I was sort of annoyed he had to be used in all 3 films... I expect Iron Man 2 and Spider-man 4 will show up before a Magneto film, probably even another Wolverine one... >_>
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

The Top Crusader wrote:But he had the long phase of hanging around with Charles, I think they met in college or something. And the built a big dome thingie so Charles could put on a funny hat and track people illegally! \:D/

I dunno, Magneto is the obvious M-men villain, but I was sort of annoyed he had to be used in all 3 films... I expect Iron Man 2 and Spider-man 4 will show up before a Magneto film, probably even another Wolverine one... >_>
I thought the hat was for Magneto to block Professor X's mind-reading.. :-k

Well he kind of was the main villain and the whole trilogy was one plot, wasn't it? Or was it?
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Sergeant Carter wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:But he had the long phase of hanging around with Charles, I think they met in college or something. And the built a big dome thingie so Charles could put on a funny hat and track people illegally! \:D/

I think the "dome thing" and the hat that Magneto wears are two seperate things...
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

CA wrote:
Sergeant Carter wrote:

I think the "dome thing" and the hat that Magneto wears are two seperate things...
Correct cause what top was refering to is Cerebro. And Magneto's helmet is well his helmet.

yeah I think they will take their time with the magneto movies but thats normally a good thing. and in the mean time we'll have other good movies to watch, that we will
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I hear McKellan won't be in it at all or will only have a brief role as his older self or whatever... but a younger actor will be the main person in the film... it makes sense, since Ian McKellan is pretty old, but still its sort of sad because he plays the role really well... \:D/
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I heard it's awsome and I want to see it SOOO bad. I think I may end up going Sunday afternoon!
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

I expect Iron Man 2 and Spider-man 4 will show up before a Magneto film, probably even another Wolverine one... >_>
Sweet! I can't wait. Especially for Iron Man. I am not quite as much into another Spider Man. I think his story line has kind of been exhausted.
I like that X-Men has a lot of characters, so there can be many more movies to come! :D
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Robyn Jacobs wrote:
I expect Iron Man 2 and Spider-man 4 will show up before a Magneto film, probably even another Wolverine one... >_>
Sweet! I can't wait. Especially for Iron Man. I am not quite as much into another Spider Man. I think his story line has kind of been exhausted.
I like that X-Men has a lot of characters, so there can be many more movies to come! :D
I can't wait for all of the new superhero movies, honestly- Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk, The Avengers, etc... I'd be looking forward to a new Batman, too, but I probably won't watch a new one unless they replace Christian Bale ;).

I actually haven't seen X-Men.. yet :anxious:, but I'll more-than-likely want another one of that to be produced, too, after viewing them all \:D/.

Superhero movies are my thing :p.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I finally got the opportunity to watch Wolverine this evening - and it certainly didn't disappoint! Considering the rather poor rating it received on Rotten Tomatoes, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Of course, perhaps that's partially due to the fact I haven't seen the first three. Plus, I had minimal knowledge of the X-Men series until today. Either way, I was entertained, and really that's all that matters. ;) I especially enjoyed all the references to Canada. \:D/

"I'm Canadian." :lol:
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I finally got the opportunity to watch Wolverine this evening - and it certainly didn't disappoint! Considering the rather poor rating it received on Rotten Tomatoes, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Of course, perhaps that's partially due to the fact I haven't seen the first three. Plus, I had minimal knowledge of the X-Men series until today. Either way, I was entertained, and really that's all that matters. ;) I especially enjoyed all the references to Canada. \:D/

"I'm Canadian." :lol:
Was it suposed to be filmed in Canada primarily? It was defnitely beautiful scenery. :D I don't think my 2 hour jaunt into Canada just over the border from Detroit did it justice. I'll have to venture back there somtime.