High School Musical

the epic phenomana that is sweeping the nation!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
mydoghasfleas
Processing
Location: im all in your head....heh.heh.heh, okay, fine FDL ,WI

Post by mydoghasfleas »

okay, I'm sorry, but all you people talking about haw great-looking Zach Efron is is getting on my nerves. i already get enough of that from my sister! ](*,)
your mom's so old when you tell her to act her age,

she turns to dust.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

BTW: Nice avi pic, MDHF. I didn't realize Eugene had an iPod. \:D/

And I don't really care either way. Zac Efron is hot, so what?
mydoghasfleas
Processing

Post by mydoghasfleas »

yep, little known fact, he listens to the eukelele on it. and just please try to controll yourself :sad3:

she turns to dust.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

What? I don't care if he's hot; he just is. A simple fact in life.

Yeesh, you guy people! :noway: You always judge HSM without watching it!
mydoghasfleas
Processing

Post by mydoghasfleas »

umm, okay, JED, im a guy who does enjoy watching both HSM(ive seen the first two, and im going to see the third one on Tuesday).next i still enjoy seeing movies like die hard, speed, and others. Finally you shouldn't be running around seeing movies just for the women in them. unless your a real creep.

she turns to dust.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Several posts have been deleted from this thread. Please try to keep things both on-topic and G-rated. Thank you in your advance for your future co-operation.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

mydoghasfleas wrote:umm, okay, JED, im a guy who does enjoy watching both HSM(ive seen the first two, and im going to see the third one on Tuesday).next i still enjoy seeing movies like die hard, speed, and others. Finally you shouldn't be running around seeing movies just for the women in them. unless your a real creep.
I was just kidding I actually haven't really seen gory, bloody movies. I was making a very bad joke...

I just don't HSM because the plot is really dry. If you have watched as many new century disney movies as I have you will realize that they have the same plot.
Jaina Sal Solo
I've been here a bit

Post by Jaina Sal Solo »

I have to agree with JED on this. All the disney movies are pretty much have the same plot.

A and B meet each other.

B goes to another clique or group and aleinates A

B humiliates, forgets, and treats A group mean.

There is a showdown or climax and B goes back with A

They all sing at the end.

And no if JED wants to watch any gory movies he has to ask mom or dad! \:D/
Related to: JED (unfortunately)

I am the ultimate Star Wars fan. (like my big bro)
mydoghasfleas
Processing

Post by mydoghasfleas »

well, i saw # 3 and i gotta say, it was the best one. the way the characters have matured, the better quality, the continuity of it, it was excellent. the only bad part was that the girls dress more immodestly than usual.

she turns to dust.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Just to note, you can call something immodest, and it doesn't mean it is, someone else can call it immodest, and you could say it wasn't immodest.

Also, G jsut means there aren't any bad words or violence. Immodesty in movies... only in like... high tech movies. Let's just say, HSM is Disney, they do have set rules for Disney movies, and well, remember, immodesty probably doesn't go along with the rating... come on, what the girls in the movie were probably wearing were probably what all *girls* would wear, no matter what rules you know, and things like that...

What would the immodesty be, might I ask? Too short a dress? Normal. A little too much clevage? Normal. SHowing? Normal. Int he norm, remember, it's the world, not a CHristian perspective.. not by a long shot.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Just to note, you can call something immodest, and it doesn't mean it is, someone else can call it immodest, and you could say it wasn't immodest.

Also, G jsut means there aren't any bad words or violence. Immodesty in movies... only in like... high tech movies. Let's just say, HSM is Disney, they do have set rules for Disney movies, and well, remember, immodesty probably doesn't go along with the rating... come on, what the girls in the movie were probably wearing were probably what all *girls* would wear, no matter what rules you know, and things like that...

What would the immodesty be, might I ask? Too short a dress? Normal. A little too much clevage? Normal. SHowing? Normal. Int he norm, remember, it's the world, not a CHristian perspective.. not by a long shot.
Immodesty is still immodesty, no matter what you think the "norm" is. Being a girl, that doesn't really bother me, but it does bother a lot of guys, and they know what it is. They don't really go, "Well, her skirt's a little short, but you know, it's not as short as this other movie, so it's not immodest." No, they're either like, "Woah, look at that." or "Avert! Avert!" Guys don't make distinctions. So be considerate about the way guys feel about that kind of thing.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
mydoghasfleas
Processing

Post by mydoghasfleas »

yeah, you guys pretty much hit the nail on the head.

she turns to dust.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My sister and I went to see HSM3 tonight, and we had fun. :D The key is to not expect brilliance. ;) The songs and dancing were just fun. Some of the outfits could have been more modest, but they also could have been a lot worse, so I'm thinking optimistically. ;)
mydoghasfleas
Processing

Post by mydoghasfleas »

yeah, thats pretty much the way i saw it

she turns to dust.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Jugglah wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Just to note, you can call something immodest, and it doesn't mean it is, someone else can call it immodest, and you could say it wasn't immodest.

Immodesty is still immodesty, no matter what you think the "norm" is. Being a girl, that doesn't really bother me, but it does bother a lot of guys, and they know what it is. They don't really go, "Well, her skirt's a little short, but you know, it's not as short as this other movie, so it's not immodest." No, they're either like, "Woah, look at that." or "Avert! Avert!" Guys don't make distinctions. So be considerate about the way guys feel about that kind of thing.
I agree.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
elizabeth
Live2ride-Ride2live
Live2ride-Ride2live

Post by elizabeth »

mydoghasfleas wrote:well, i saw # 3 and i gotta say, it was the best one. the way the characters have matured, the better quality, the continuity of it, it was excellent. the only bad part was that the girls dress more immodestly than usual.
yeah, I heard it was supposed to be good.
dancer5678
Gold Member

Post by dancer5678 »

*posts split from HSM2 thread*

High School Musical is okay I guess. Now High School Musical 3 Senior Year is kinda stupid and cheesy. I only saw it because my friend begged her mom and she's really bossy and spoiled so I didn't want to cause drama.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Since this topic is very old, please direct future posts to the existing thread that has been posted in much more recently. Click here to go to that thread. :)
dancer5678
Gold Member

Post by dancer5678 »

I only saw 3 because my friend is obsessed with Disney Channel. She's really bossy and controlling so I didn't want to cause drama. I liked the first one but all the others are very,very, very, cheesy.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Are you applying HSM is immodest? I don't think I've seen a movie as clean as that before.