"Fireproof" is coming out!

"Fireproof", the movie, is coming out on September 26!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What do you think of "Fireproof?"

Poll ended at Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm

I cannot wait!
67%
Have no clue.
17%
Looks boring.
17%

Total votes: 6

Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

I just saw it. I loved it. Some parts were sad to watch. But it turned out all happy and rosy. My friend was in tears at the end. I like how it had the gospel of Christ in it, especially when Caleb's father was listening as Caleb was expressing how impossible it was for him to love someone when he was being constantly rejected. I liked how he was pacing while Caleb was talking and then he finally ended up leaning against the cross and Caleb realised that God, whom he had been rejecting, still loved him.

And what was really funny was every time Caleb would attack the trash can or something, that old guy would be right there.

"Mr. Rudolf"
"Caleb"
:-)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Well, Fireproof is now at $30,290,249 domestically, which, considering it cost $500,000 to make, is very good! (60x!)

On Monday, Fireproof made 10th place in the overall box office! Eagle Eye (which released on the same day as Fireproof, and cost $80,000,000 to make) is at 12th place! It is doing very well, even in its 8th week in release! Praise God!

(And yes, I am still around, but not too active. ;))
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm hoping my family will be able to see it soon. It's at our local mall, and my dad just saw it in the paper and commented on it. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

*thread merged*

This movie is cool. I really liked it. Does anyone care to comment on it?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall
It’s my birthday

Post by Mark Prescott »

I like it. But, it's kinda akward for me to watch it because my dad cried during it. And my dad never cries.
My dad didn't even cry the day my mom died.(don't get me wrong he loved my mom alot)
~Mark Prescott~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Fireproof was the best movie out of the whole three, IMO. I enjoyed the song, "While I'm Waiting" so much I memorized it and downloaded it. ;) The whole lesson was great! :D
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Marvin D. wrote:Fireproof was the best movie out of the whole three, IMO. I enjoyed the song, "While I'm Waiting" so much I memorized it and downloaded it. ;) The whole lesson was great! :D
I agree. I love this movie! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Sapphire wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:Fireproof was the best movie out of the whole three, IMO. I enjoyed the song, "While I'm Waiting" so much I memorized it and downloaded it. ;) The whole lesson was great! :D
You agree with the music or the movie? ;)

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Did you know that Sherwood Films is making a 4th movie?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Whitty Whit wrote:Did you know that Sherwood Films is making a 4th movie?
Yes, I know. They finished filming a while back. \:D/ It's called Courageous.

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

It was had an....okay story....but the acting was just straight up atrocious.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

It's a good movie. Top-notch acting and multi-million dollar budgets? Not really. Top-notch story and a very important message? Yes. There are thousands of "well-made" movies out there, but very few that actually have a purpose. I'll take this low-budget movie over the dozens of mindless action flicks or cliché romantic comedies any day. \:D/

That being said, I'm looking forward to the potential production improvements of Courageous. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:It's a good movie. Top-notch acting and multi-million dollar budgets? Not really. Top-notch story and a very important message? Yes. There are thousands of "well-made" movies out there, but very few that actually have a purpose. I'll take this low-budget movie over the dozens of mindless action flicks or cliché romantic comedies any day. \:D/

That being said, I'm looking forward to the potential production improvements of Courageous. ;)
QFT. I'd watch a low-budget movie with a good moral lesson instead of watching a state-of-the-art multi-million dollar movie with profanity and no real lesson. \:D/

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Fireproof is the only Sherwood Pictures movie I've seen so far, and, despite its limitations, I liked it for what it was and found it touching.

Though, while there may be few movies with purpose among today's blockbusters and chick flicks, I daresay there are quite a number of independent and lesser-known movies out there that do have a purpose. While I haven't seen too many in that realm of filmmaking, I've heard about them from people who've gone to independent film festivals. Granted, not all of the purposes are necessarily in line with a Christian worldview, but that doesn't mean they don't raise awareness or aren't thought-provoking.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Marvin D. wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
You agree with the music or the movie? ;)
Hehe. I agree with both of your points. :)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Marvin D. wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:Did you know that Sherwood Films is making a 4th movie?
Yes, I know. They finished filming a while back. \:D/ It's called Courageous.
Really? Awesome!
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I enjoyed watching Fireproof. It's a really good film!
LizzieG wrote:Fireproof is the only Sherwood Pictures movie I've seen so far, and, despite its limitations, I liked it for what it was and found it touching.
:shock: You should really watch the others! Especially Facing the Giants. I think I could probably quote parts of that film by now. Although they're all very good. :yes:
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

I wanted to see it, but I wasn't aloud. My parents said it was good, but too mature for me and my younger brothers.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I could understand for your younger brothers. :) As immature as he is. :)

This movie is one of the all-time best. Fireproof tells a story about divorce very nicely.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

odysseyfan1 wrote:I wanted to see it, but I wasn't aloud. My parents said it was good, but too mature for me and my younger brothers.
Yeah, I actually ended up fast forwarding through the arguing. Didn't care to watch that part...

SnC Forever. Miss you still.