Hallie- my little sister- PLEASE read!

WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay, very cool. \:D/
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

More news everyone- we got the receipt from USCIS!! The receipt is USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) letting us know that they got our I-600 and will be reviewing it. Once they review it, they'll either approve it or deny it (denying it would be very unlikely, but let's pray that it won't happen!). Once they've approved our I-600, the Giving and Receiving date is set, and we go to get Hallie!! Keep praying everyone! She may just be home for Christmas yet!

@Frank: Sadly, we can't all go. We can't afford it :(. Also unfortunately, my parents can't go because:
1. We have no one to watch us
2. I'm not 18 yet so that I can watch the young siblings, and
3. Dad and the boys can't get off island (their two flights that each of us get per year are all used up)
Sooo.... I'll be going with my mom :). It'll make for some awesome memories, that's for sure!! But... I'm sad for my dad :(. Oh well, it's all in God's plan I suppose.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's so great that you're even closer now! \:D/ That's wonderful!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Iron and Light wrote:More news everyone- we got the receipt from USCIS!! The receipt is USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) letting us know that they got our I-600 and will be reviewing it. Once they review it, they'll either approve it or deny it (denying it would be very unlikely, but let's pray that it won't happen!). Once they've approved our I-600, the Giving and Receiving date is set, and we go to get Hallie!! Keep praying everyone! She may just be home for Christmas yet!

@Frank: Sadly, we can't all go. We can't afford it :(. Also unfortunately, my parents can't go because:
1. We have no one to watch us
2. I'm not 18 yet so that I can watch the young siblings, and
3. Dad and the boys can't get off island (their two flights that each of us get per year are all used up)
Sooo.... I'll be going with my mom :). It'll make for some awesome memories, that's for sure!! But... I'm sad for my dad :(. Oh well, it's all in God's plan I suppose.
I am sooo excited that you get to go I&L! (Sorry that your whole family can't go...that would be so special if they could.) Make sure you talk to me before you go so I can tell you what kinds of food are good there, and some random Vietnamese phrases. ;)

Aaaah! :mad: Okay, I'm excited. :D Praise God for allowing all your paperwork to go through quickly. :hug:
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I'm so happy for you, Lena! I hope your trip goes well. Praise the Lord! I'll be praying for your family, and Hallie.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

WE GOT IT!!!! We got the approval from the US government- Our I-600 has been APPROVED!!! We can now travel to Vietnam to get our baby! I want to thank EVERYONE for ALL of your prayers. They are the only reason we are able to bring my baby sister home. The Lord is the reason we have her. Thank you, Jesus!! Hallie will be in our arms in about a week- she'll be home in about three weeks.

Please pray that the giving and receiving date is soon (so that we can get over there in a few days), that we can get everything ready in time (all of our luggage and such for the two week+ trip), and that my dad can get the time off of work so that I can go with my mom.

Again, thanks everyone. Your prayers mean the world to me, my family, and little Hallie over in Vietnam. Hallie- here we come!!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for ya'll! I hope you have a good trip!
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Oh! I'm so excited for you. Praise the Lord! What a great belated Christmas present \:D/

I'm prayin' for your family. :yes:
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

God is Good! \:D/

I'm so happy for you. I'm sure God will bless your family greatly through this. :yes:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's so wonderful, Iron and Light! \:D/ I'm thrilled for you and your family. :D God is good.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Praise God! I'll pray for the traveling safety of all of you.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

Thats wonderful I&L!! I hope you have a safe travel. And will be praying that you will be traveling soon!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

That's amazing!! Congrats!!!! \:D/ \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Well everyone, we're leaving tomorrow for Florida!!! We'll be in Vietnam on the 8th and our Giving and Receiving date is the 9th!!!!!!!!! Hallie will be legally ours in a week!!! YAY!!! Thanks for all of your prayers, everyone. I'll try and keep you updated as much as possible, but I imagine that my posts here will be very abrupt- we'll be very busy with appointments and the like.

Please pray that our trip will go smoothly- that no luggage will be lost and that we'll stay safe. It's a long trip.... much longer than we had expected. We won't be back home until the 27th :(.

Again, thanks for all of your prayers!!