Veggitales

To talk about those Little Veggies we all know and love.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

wait, big Idea was bought out? by who? I never knew that.
have you seen the wonderful world of auto-tainment?
I hate that video! the only song I really like is "you are my sunshine"
but it's not worth watching the whole video just to here it..
Godsballerina
Gold Member

Post by Godsballerina »

We had alot of the vegietales movies, I thought they were good when I was younger, I hated the longer movies though!! *Ahh, underwear!*~Jonah!! lol :-#
Oh the Cleverness of me!!~Peter Pan

I love Ballet!!!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

You don't like the little bug whos name I can't spell? He's just awesome..
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You mean Carlyle - I mean, Khalil? ;)

"My mother was a caterpillar, my father was a worm. But I am okay with that now." :lol:
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Big Idea was bought out? When? :O
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

Frank wrote:Veggie Tales is like Spongebob Squarepants: Even though it targets kids, adults get crazy over it as well. Spoofs galore! Yea!

I saw the Sumo of the Opera...it was kinda wierd. A little too many spoofs for my taste. Lord of the Beans sounds funny...oh! Look at this link!
http://www.veggiegear.com/vetahaloofbe.html That looks funny. My favorite VT is The Star of Christmas...
That comparison offends me... =;

:anxious:
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

LarryTheCow wrote:
Frank wrote:Veggie Tales is like Spongebob Squarepants: Even though it targets kids, adults get crazy over it as well. Spoofs galore! Yea!

I saw the Sumo of the Opera...it was kinda wierd. A little too many spoofs for my taste. Lord of the Beans sounds funny...oh! Look at this link!
http://www.veggiegear.com/vetahaloofbe.html That looks funny. My favorite VT is The Star of Christmas...

Yeah. I believe SpongeBob copied VeggieTales <_<.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Insight wrote:Big Idea was bought out? When? :O
Big Idea Productions, makers of the best-selling VeggieTales video series, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy this month as part of a deal to sell the financially troubled company.

The company agreed to sell its assets, including copyrights on Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber and other VeggieTales characters, to Classic Media LLC, which owns or manages media properties such as "Rocky and Bullwinkle," "Lassie," "The Lone Ranger" and "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

Despite Big Idea's continued popularity--eight of the top ten videos in the Christian retail market are from Big Idea, including the recently released The Ballad of Little Joe--the company has had cash flow problems in recent years. Last November, following the release of the motion picture Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, which grossed more than $24 million at the box office, Big Idea laid off 30 employees. Additional layoffs cut the company's staff from a high of 200 part- and full-time employees to 44 when it filed September 2 for bankruptcy.

"To call the last year difficult is an understatement," said Big Idea founder and CEO Phil Vischer in a statement. "In the midst of Veggie Tales' success, we made several key strategic errors that led us to this point. Due to their great enthusiasm for both our business and our ministry, I believe Classic Media is a wonderful partner to help guide Big Idea back to financial health."

This is from September of 2003
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Insight wrote:
LarryTheCow wrote:

Yeah. I believe SpongeBob copied VeggieTales <_<.
Spongebob is far superior to Veggie Tales.

Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki both still do creative work and voice work for Veggie Tales. Next year, they will be doing Sheerluck Holmes and also a new Larry Boy.

-jolly
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I love those veggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't want to see lord of the beans!

-Robo
Godsballerina
Gold Member

Post by Godsballerina »

Robo wrote:I love those veggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't want to see lord of the beans!

-Robo
What is the Lord of the Beans :-s ? I have not heard of that one yet?
Oh the Cleverness of me!!~Peter Pan

I love Ballet!!!
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

LOrd of the Beans is aveggietales movie....a spinoff of the lord of the rings, pretty good
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Lord of the Beans was great.

It'll ruin your view of LOTR, but it was hilarious!
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just watched Lord of the Beans yesterday. \:D/ I'm not overly familiar with LOTR, so some of the people watching with me found some scenes more amusing than I did, but overall it was funny. :lol:

Was it just me, or did that one guy (with the cookies) look like a Keebler elf? :anxious: I thought that as soon as I saw him, and then when he started handing out cookies, I definitely think that there was yet another spoofish thing happening there.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

yeah they spoofed the keebler elf.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Shouldn't this be in Whit's End?? I was thinking that The Lord of the Beans wasn't to bad. Even though Big Idea's isn't doing Bible themed as much. It's still not to bad.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

danadelfos wrote:Shouldn't this be in Whit's End??
No Whit's End is soley for Odyssey topics (though Veggie Tales are close :))
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I stand corrected.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I saw Lord of the Beans at a friend's house- it's funny.

I do think Veggitales is Bible themed, in the way that every video is like a lesson on a part of the Bible- ish thing... NOt sure how to explain it. I haven't watched all of them so I wouldn't know though.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

What I meant was they aren't about Daniel and the Lion's den any more they're not as bible storyish(is that a word?), but more biblical theme but not a bible story.