The Lost Episodes

Thoughts?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jasper Dale wrote:i'm curious, is there any episode that stands out? we don't have our copy yet and i'm hoping that there will be some "gem" that will make the set worth buying.

sometimes in the middle of an otherwise boring episode, one of the main characters will say a line or something that just cracks me up.

..........gonna pick up our copy this weekend.
I must admit that I haven't listened to many of the eps yet, but one that stands out as good is one that I already had in the old "Maze of Mysteries" set that hadn't been released in other sets. "Train Ride" is included in this set, and I really love that episode! \:D/ I really enjoyed it the first time that I heard it, and I hope that you will too! :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Laurie wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I ordered from FOTF because I had a coupon I wanted to take advantage of. Even without the coupon, I would have paid an extra $15-$20 more if I had purchased it at our local Christian retailer. But once I get around to ordering the other gold albums, I'll probably go with Amazon or CBD. :anxious:
Even with CBD and Amazon you will end up waiting. I have found books and even AIO items long before CBD has them in stock. Last night is an excellent example of that, I ordered a book from B&N that CBD states is not going to ship until February 19. Amazon had it "Available for Pre-Order." Plus, CBD is usually wrong when it comes to shipping dates.
Hey, I never said I don't mind waiting. The only local stores where we can get Odyssey albums in our Christian bookstores. They usually sell albums for $10-$15 more than the price listed at CBD or Amazon. If waiting an extra week or two means I save money, I'm all for waiting! ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DePaw wrote:
Laurie wrote:I ordered from FOTF because I had a coupon I wanted to take advantage of. Even without the coupon, I would have paid an extra $15-$20 more if I had purchased it at our local Christian retailer. But once I get around to ordering the other gold albums, I'll probably go with Amazon or CBD. :anxious:
Even with CBD and Amazon you will end up waiting. I have found books and even AIO items long before CBD has them in stock. Last night is an excellent example of that, I ordered a book from B&N that CBD states is not going to ship until February 19. Amazon had it "Available for Pre-Order." Plus, CBD is usually wrong when it comes to shipping dates.
The only local stores where we can get Odyssey albums in our Christian bookstores. They usually sell albums for $10-$15 more than the price listed at CBD or Amazon. If waiting an extra week or two means I save money, I'm all for waiting! ;)[/quote]

I paid $24.99 for my album and that is the suggested retail price. I bought mine at a locally owned "Mom and Pop" Christian bookstore. Even Family Christian Stores sells them for $24.99 in store. The highest Family Christian has the albums for is $29.99, but that is online. If you want to wait go ahead.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Laurie wrote:Even Family Christian Stores sells them for $24.99 in store.
Only one problem. They're an American franchise.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DePaw wrote:
Laurie wrote:Even Family Christian Stores sells them for $24.99 in store.
Only one problem. They're an American franchise.
CBD is American as well, so is FOTF. Like I said, if you want to wait go ahead.