HP and The Goblet Of Fire

The trailer!!!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I find the movies interesting, haven't read the books, but I don't think I'll be seeing this one. In theaters anyhow. I've seen the other movies as a babysitter because the kids are allowed to watch them. I don't think I am allowed to watch them myself thought that has never been said. My father believes they are bad. I've never really cared either way. I have plenty of movies/books I can watch/read that I wouldn't have to battle with my parents over, so ya.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I'm going to go see it....I'm excited that one of my favorite scenes is in the movie.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

HP dies? (And no, I am not talking about Hewlett Packerd.)

Yours Wondering,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:HP dies? (And no, I am not talking about Hewlett Packerd.)
I'm not sure where you gathered that, but no, HP doesn't die ;). He may die in the final book (in fact, some would say that's likely considering all the foreshadowing) but he is not, as of book 6 (and certainly not during the Goblet of Fire) dead.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Shadowpaw wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:HP dies? (And no, I am not talking about Hewlett Packerd.)
I'm not sure where you gathered that, but no, HP doesn't die ;). He may die in the final book (in fact, some would say that's likely considering all the foreshadowing) but he is not, as of book 6 (and certainly not during the Goblet of Fire) dead.
Geez now you may have spoiled the movie for some people :-)

Lord sesshoumaru
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:HP dies?
If he did, that would be the only way you'd get me to go see it...:wink:

(Kidding, of course)

No, I don't like Harry.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Neither do I, so I'll pass on the movie.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

HARRY POTTER IS EVIL!!

Yeah, sure, I'll go see it.

BC
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

The BC wrote:HARRY POTTER IS EVIL!!

Yeah, sure, I'll go see it.

BC
Glad that you are so adament with your convictions. :-s

Yours Truely,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

yes i will definitely go and see it. the books were great and the movies have been ok. i am annoyed that they are cutting so much out though. i have heard they are cutting dobby out which is so not cool. anyway, the fourth book was my favorite so i've got to see the movie.
Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Tuxlover
Pilgrim

Post by Tuxlover »

Garbage in, garbage out. That's all I'll say. :-
-Tuxlover

85% of all computers have a deadly virus. It's name: Windows.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

My wife and I will definately be going to the movie. The books are excellent and the movies have been done fairly well.

Our kids will have to wait to see it on DVD as we have with the previous 3 movies. Not due to the content of the movie per se, but due to the previews that theaters tend to show before films that are most often not appropriate to the ages of the movie goers in the theater.

-jolly
map
Found

Post by map »

I'm a fan of the books, even though I have debated on reading them or not because of the whole witch/evil thing.

I'm not too big a fan of the movies because they do cut so much out.

I think I'll be giving it a miss, or be like Jolly and wait till dvd
FluteBoy
Gold Member

Post by FluteBoy »

Wow. I just took my 9 year old brother to see Goblet of Fire. Great film in some respects; I haven't read the book in several years so perhaps my faulty memory has spared me remembering some of the swaths of sub plots I'm sure they cut out. Still, a very different sort of directing style and feel, at least it seemed to me.
Personally I was psyched getting to see this Brendan Gleeson's performance as Mad Eye Moody. This was mainly on a personal level as I recently met Brendan on a trip to Los Angeles, and had some tunes with him. Had some what with him, you ask? I play traditional Irish music. Brendan is from Dublin, Ireland and a fantastic fiddler. I played several weeks in a row at session (informal Irish music jam) at a pub in Santa Monica and had the pleasure of hearing and playing with Brendan on several occasions. It was very cool because I had been wondering ever since Idiscovered he played fiddle if our paths might cross in a session. Well, he was in town for a few weeks filming and stopped by when he could. Very nice (and very humble) man and a absolutely gorgeous fiddle player. If you want to hear Brendan both play fiddle AND sing, go out and rent "Cold Mountain". He's not a main character, but has a sizeable part as an old-timey musician during the Civil War era. Now, this film IS rated R, and is very graphic and violent. However it is also an amazing and stunningly filmed story about a Confederate soldier trying to return home from the war. I think it very nicely shows both the incredibly evil nature of wicked men and the extreme and God-given decency and kindness that men can also possess. An extremely haunting film, and I highly recommend it.
So why this post? Mainly I just think Brendan Gleeson is a really cool guy and an immense talent both in acting and as a musician, and he deserves all the fans he can get! So do yourself a favor and see Goblet of Fire and rent some of Brendan's other films. Meanwhile, I'll do my part to support a fellow Irish musician;) http://imdb.com/name/nm0322407/

Cheers,
Zac

*thread merged*

* Post originally contained the poll "Isn't Brendan Gleeson Awesome?"
Results:
Yes! (6 votes)
No! He's not a super-hot chick! I don't like him! (5 votes)
"The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but not Protestant. It is orthodox, but not Jewish. It is catholic, but not Roman. It isn't non-denominational – it is pre-denominational. It has believed, taught, preserved, defended and died for the Faith of the Apostles since the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago."
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I thought he was pretty good in the role. But I haven't read the book so I don't know how good he did compared to the character in the book.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I abousolutly loved his portrayl of Moody. Since I had always had a difficult time coming up with a visual image of Moody on my own his portrayal helped. My favourite scene is the Draco the bouncing ferret scene. That was my favourite part in the book and it's one of my favorite parts in the movie (the dance lessons given by McGonagall runs a close second).

As for the other that is sooo cool. I love Irish music and that would be soo cool to play with him. Some of my favorite songs when I was in Orchestra were those that had a Celtic flavour to them.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I'll throw my two cents in on the GOF while I am at it. I too had a hard time pictureing Moody. His performance was great. The only acting I didnt really care for is the guy who played Albus, but then yet I still think Richard Harris would have been better but alas he can't.

As far as the movie goes I think they cut out WAY to much and then above that rushed through nearly all of it. for example the begining scene which I'm covering from after Harry wakes to after the world cup, I feel they should of taken a lot more time with that. It was almost not worth showing since they didnt even show any of the quidditch match. Just seems to me like they wanted to get this one over with so that they can get started on the 5th movie or something. Not a great idea in my opinion.

Ahh well now that's out of my system I'll let the rest of you chat untill I chat again.

Lord Sesshoumaru
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:The only acting I didnt really care for is the guy who played Albus, but then yet I still think Richard Harris would have been better but alas he can't.
I think Michael Gambon doesn't work for Dumbledore at all. Even Richard Harris wasn't quite right in my mind but he did a great job just because he's Richard Harris
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Harry Potter, Bleh I don't like it.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

me too, but for some reason I watch the movies anyway. GoF was awesome!