first harry potter 5 stills released

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Well, Pottermania always peaks when a new book is released. Warner Bros., which I should remind you is a corporation that wants to make money, would probably love to ride the wave of hype following a book release. Scheduling the movie release 6 days after the release of the final book in the series would mean getting audiences in theatres during the absolute peak of Pottermania. Harry Potter will never be as big as it will be when the final book is released. Any businessman would want to capitalize on that hype and milk it for every single penny it is worth. Since releasing the movie in summer would make no sense unless Warner Bros. had a very good reason, it would appear that Jo herself is at least thinking that a summer 2007 release is still likely.
This is exactly what I was trying to say. Pottermania will be in full swing. It's pure genius to have both released together. I don't think they will suffer at all. :noway:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:
Bumble wrote:It will probably be the most romantic of the movies. If you're looking for the whole highschool dumping and grudges and stealing peoples bf/gf thing, that's in the next movie ;)
My housemate tells me that Harry is kissing CHO in the preview. I thought it would be Ginnie. [*hasn't read the book*]
If thats what you want then be sure to see movie 6 or read book 6. :-)

Lord Sesshoumaru
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies or read the books, but I do plan to someday when I have enough time on my hands. The good thing is that I don't know anything about the plot or what's happened so far, so none of it will've been ruined...
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

LizzieG wrote:I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies or read the books, but I do plan to someday when I have enough time on my hands. The good thing is that I don't know anything about the plot or what's happened so far, so none of it will've been ruined...
lol might wanna be careful around this topic then were giving a lot away :D

Lord Sesshoumaru
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:
LizzieG wrote:I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies or read the books, but I do plan to someday when I have enough time on my hands. The good thing is that I don't know anything about the plot or what's happened so far, so none of it will've been ruined...
lol might wanna be careful around this topic then were giving a lot away :D

Lord Sesshoumaru
oh, i am being careful! \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

It was awesome! And I can't wait for the whole movie to come out in theaters in the summer. And once again, Ralph Fiennes plays voldemort. My sister thinks he is a cool actor. I guess......
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It is awesome!! =D> I cannot wait for the movie!! \:D/
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

The title for book seven has already been announced. It's going to be a wonderful summer for books.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Deathly Hallows sounds very appropriate. I can't believe there are still 7 months to go...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

http://www2.warnerbros.com/orderoftheph ... eed=300000

Really good trailer site. ON the trailer it says it comes out July 13th . At my house I am going crazy over this! Golly Gee Whilikers!! I sooooooooooooo can't wait. The Prder is probably my favorite book out of a ll of them, except maybe the Prisoner of Azkaban, bcuz that had a lot of Sirius Black in it.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

They may not suffer, but the rest of humanity certainly will. Conversations will all focus on the boy wizard for the whole month. Sickening.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Lord_Kappa wrote:They may not suffer, but the rest of humanity certainly will. Conversations will all focus on the boy wizard for the whole month. Sickening.
I'm not really sure it's "sickening"... when the new Star Wars films were released to theatres, mass hysteria ensued and people celebrated Anakin Skywalker's turn to the dark side. Rooting for a boy to become evil is a lot worse than rooting for a boy who is trying to destroy evil.

Harry Potter is exactly like Star Wars. Except Star Wars refers to magic as "the force" and the heroes utilize "lightsabers" instead of magic wands. But at the heart of the story, Harry Potter is no different than Star Wars. I know you're a huge fan of Star Wars (you lead the Star Wars faction here), which is why I bring up the parallel... I personally think both are fascinating and exciting. But it's frustrating to see Christians continually brand Harry Potter as evil, or in this case "sickening", without recognizing they themselves have been swept up in similar phenomenons. This isn't new though... just look at parents who were told about how evil bands like "The Beatles" were, yet those some parents are quick to condemn present day musicians for the same reasons.

These things always repeat themselves. Of course if you mean "sickening" because you just don't understand or like Harry Potter and aren't preaching about the "evilness" of the book, then my comments still stand, but I don't mean them with the same amount of force. ;)

If your concern is that people are going to embrace "magic", my only argument is that my entire life I've never tried to do anything magical, but I can't count how often I tried to "use" the force growing up.

It never worked though. ;)
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Shadowpaw wrote:
Lord_Kappa wrote:They may not suffer, but the rest of humanity certainly will. Conversations will all focus on the boy wizard for the whole month. Sickening.
I'm not really sure it's "sickening"... when the new Star Wars films were released to theatres, mass hysteria ensued and people celebrated Anakin Skywalker's turn to the dark side. Rooting for a boy to become evil is a lot worse than rooting for a boy who is trying to destroy evil.

Harry Potter is exactly like Star Wars. Except Star Wars refers to magic as "the force" and the heroes utilize "lightsabers" instead of magic wands. But at the heart of the story, Harry Potter is no different than Star Wars. I know you're a huge fan of Star Wars (you lead the Star Wars faction here), which is why I bring up the parallel... I personally think both are fascinating and exciting. But it's frustrating to see Christians continually brand Harry Potter as evil, or in this case "sickening", without recognizing they themselves have been swept up in similar phenomenons. This isn't new though... just look at parents who were told about how evil bands like "The Beatles" were, yet those some parents are quick to condemn present day musicians for the same reasons.

These things always repeat themselves. Of course if you mean "sickening" because you just don't understand or like Harry Potter and aren't preaching about the "evilness" of the book, then my comments still stand, but I don't mean them with the same amount of force. ;)

If your concern is that people are going to embrace "magic", my only argument is that my entire life I've never tried to do anything magical, but I can't count how often I tried to "use" the force growing up.

It never worked though. ;)
hmm I've never seen the connection between those but now that you mention it yeah they both are a lot alike. neat.

Lord Sesshoumaru
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

*thread merged*

I just saw it today an i LUVED it!!! I couldnt believe how much they left out tho, one of the shortest movies for the longest book :noway:. But it was still amazing nonetheless! What did everyone else think?? What were your fav parts and/or lines?? discuss good ToOers

I luved the whole Dumbledores Army part, an i rly like Luna Luvgood i thought i was going to be super annoyed with her. But shes so calm an positive (especialy when everyone was taking her stuff!)

"You have to admit that Dumbledore's got style" *best line so far!!*

**to be perfecly honest i wasnt sure if people would get offended so to the admin, if u want to delete this thread then go ahead. But it was a rly good movie an i noticed that in the "Last Movie That You've Seen" thread many people said HP so i figured we could discuss it...**
Last edited by FrayedAroundTheEdges on Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I saw it in IMAX 3-D and it was awsome. I will admit they cut out a lot of stuff, but they cut out the right stuff (The book is 800-900 pages long depending on which version you have). OotP is very much a psychological book and quite frankly a lot of Capslock Harry could be cut.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I saw it today and absolutely LOVED it!!! I'm already looking forward to the DVD release!!!:D
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

are you kidding?!?!? I saw it yesterday and was soooo dissapointed!!!! They cut out all the wrong things, it was waaaaaay too fast moving if you hadn't read the book, and there was no reference to quidditch or Ron on the team, and Kreacher had no part at all. Everything was so backwards and it was sooo messed up!! ](*,)

I might not even go again because it was so bad. I was looking forward to a 3+ hour movie and this one was about the shortest of them all!!! 2 hours??? Even the chamber was longer than that!!

This was the worst movie of them all. The acting was fine,but when they say 'based on the book'... they actually mean loosely based.

NOT WORTH SEEING!!! :noway:
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Mrs. Sirius Black wrote:are you kidding?!?!? I saw it yesterday and was soooo dissapointed!!!! They cut out all the wrong things, it was waaaaaay too fast moving if you hadn't read the book, and there was no reference to quidditch or Ron on the team, and Kreacher had no part at all. Everything was so backwards and it was sooo messed up!! ](*,)

I might not even go again because it was so bad. I was looking forward to a 3+ hour movie and this one was about the shortest of them all!!! 2 hours??? Even the chamber was longer than that!!

This was the worst movie of them all. The acting was fine,but when they say 'based on the book'... they actually mean loosely based.

NOT WORTH SEEING!!! :noway:
the problem is that if they did make reference to those things then it would have been WAAAYY to long!! But you have to admit that the ending was AWESOME. *although even when i read the book i didnt like Dumbledore in this one because he was just mean {an it wasnt for a very good/smart reason}*
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I liked it, but They did cut things out that where confusing if you didn't read the book. Like when Fred and George left the school, they made it look great, but in the book, they had a swamp and it was so funny for Dolores Umbridge. I think they did well on this one, even if they screwed up on the Centeruan thing. Umbridge made them mad for some reason *needs to read book again!*. But Harry's line "I must not tell lies" was hilarious!!! I can't wait to get it on DVD. They did the beginning a little differently from the book, most definite, and they did a little bit bad in the ministry of Magic with Voldemort and Bumbledore, but it looked awesome. Ralph Fiennes is a really good Voldemort. Awesome! And they missed half of the fight between the death eaters and the group. And when the Prophecy smashed, that is when you could hear what it said, but in the movie, they had it so that you heard it, and then it smashed. Not exactly right.

And isaccthepianoplayer, your right! "You've got to admit Dumbledore has style" was a good line, along with "I must not tell lies".

Another thing, Cho didn't spill about the DA, at least I don't think so. I thought it was another girl from like Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw(I forget which house Cho is in in the first place) And Umbridge didn't make them write lines, and even though I knew there was no quiditch, when Fred, George, and Harry get their brooms taken, that's when Fred and George leave the school. And I thought at least one time during the book, Harry got to use the fireplace and talk to Sirius or Kreatcher, which made Harry go to the ministry! Now that was another mistake in that movie.

Oh, well, it was good and I enjoyed it. Though I think they could have done just a little better.

Last note: Cho and Harry kissing was WOW!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think it would go like that, and those two where nervious when they had to shoot it. That was awesome though! And half gross!
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

I was expecting a 3 hour movie though!!! They sped up everything and cut the wrong stuff!! Luna was a waste of time. Malfoy had about, um, 1 line!?!?

Doesn't that make you mad? I mean ,yeah, if it was 3+ hours less people would go, but i guess that shoes you who really cares!!
:x !!!!