Doctor Who Series Preview

I control you all. Fear me. Bow down to me.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

^ like.

Okay, found out why he shaved his head. *didn't know* http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/news/ma ... 33967.html Forget the main website that the article is at. o.O

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I'm so sad about the hair. :(

BUT what's more sad is some of the comments about DT's hair; people were saying Moffat didn't like his hair/suit combo so he changed it. xD Personally, I like the difference; the meta-crises Doctor is his own person, after all. I'm sure he'll be way similar to Ten, but I'm also hoping for some quirks and other weird things of his own personality.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

...correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that since they were in the Doctors' time stream that they would simply be going back in time somehow and meeting the Tenth Doctor and Rose as they used to be.
I heard that David Tennant's hair was heavily styled for this other show he's on and thus it would be difficult somehow to have it in his former style.

*shrugs*

Till the end of the line.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Shennifer wrote:And from what i understand, David Tennant won't be sporting his usual hairstyle (see the promo poster)
I almost cried. Literally, as soon as I saw the poster, my eyes went to David. And my mouth dropped open when I saw his hair. *obsessive and protective fangirl*
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Shennifer wrote:And from what i understand, David Tennant won't be sporting his usual hairstyle (see the promo poster)
I almost cried. Literally, as soon as I saw the poster, my eyes went to David. And my mouth dropped open when I saw his hair. *obsessive and protective fangirl*
:hug: it'll be okay

In the end I probably won't care about his hairstyle quite as much as the fact that he's coming back and his name will be in the credits \:D/

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Honestly, I didn't see much of a difference between the hairstyles. :anxious: Perhaps it's because I've seen him in enough non-DW stuff that I'm used to it, but even within the show, his hair did have some variation. Either way, his hair still looks great; to date, I've only seen, like, three instances where David Tennant's hair looks bad.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:Honestly, I didn't see much of a difference between the hairstyles. :anxious: Perhaps it's because I've seen him in enough non-DW stuff that I'm used to it, but even within the show, his hair did have some variation. Either way, his hair still looks great; to date, I've only seen, like, three instances where David Tennant's hair looks bad.
his hair never looks bad :noway: If you ever showed me said pictures, I'd probably be in denial

I should see some of his other shows. Though it'll be a bit odd to see him as a different character

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

:noway: Behold:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
And I really enjoyed Tennant's Hamlet. :yes: His character in Broadchurch isn't my favorite of his (incidentally, also not a huge fan of his hair in that one), but everyone did a really good job and that show was amazing. (Utterly heartbreaking and tragic, mind you, but still amazing. :mecry:)
Last edited by Amethystic on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

We're discussing in detail DT's hair. This is my cue to leave. o.o

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote::noway: Behold:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
And I really enjoyed Tennant's Hamlet. :yes: His character in Broadchurch isn't my favorite of his (incidentally, also not a huge fan of his hair in that one), but everyone did a really good job and that show was amazing. (Utterly heartbreaking and tragic, mind you, but still amazing. :mecry:)
I liked him as Hamlet too :) saw that two years ago when I was becoming a fan.

....and that looks like a wig in that picture :noway:

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Wigs totally count. :noway:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:Wigs totally count. :noway:
it's not his real hair :noway:

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

It was SOMEBODY'S hair... think of how proud they are for it to be adorning DT's head. :noway:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Termite wrote:It was SOMEBODY'S hair... think of how proud they are for it to be adorning DT's head. :noway:
:inlove: they should be proud, for their hair rests on a noble head indeed.

but is it made from real hair? :-k

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

The purple one is definitely real hair. :-
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Me being the brilliant person that I am forgot to scroll down past the first picture when I first clicked the spoiler.

hahaha! :lol: those are brilliant. And his hair is always awesome, even if it varies in degrees of sexy :noway:

definitely the purple one. Where can i find people with naturally purple hair, I wonder? \:D/

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

You girls said the magic word: Hamlet. *swoons*

I kind of miss the sticky-uppy hair, but it still looks amazing so I don't mind too much. \:D/ And I looove Matt Smith's floppy hair. *ruffles hair obsessively*
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Shennifer wrote:his hair never looks bad :noway:
This \:D/
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I don't know what you're talking about :noway: He still looks absolutely flawless to me. David Tennant has worn the most redonkulous costumes in the world and yet, he still looked perfect. Every time.
BECAUSE HE'S DAVID TENNANT, THAT'S WHY.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Shennifer wrote:his hair never looks bad :noway:
This \:D/
*fist bumps MS*
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I don't know what you're talking about :noway: He still looks absolutely flawless to me. David Tennant has worn the most redonkulous costumes in the world and yet, he still looked perfect. Every time.
BECAUSE HE'S DAVID TENNANT, THAT'S WHY.
Love that gif ;)

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Speaking of David Tennant gifs, today, I found the best one ever!
Look at how he points his toes! :inlove: He's just the most adorable thing in the universe.