Doctor Who Series Preview

I control you all. Fear me. Bow down to me.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I have church tomorrow (obviously) but then afterwards me and my sis are hanging out in town (which is definitely fun, but I'll still be on pins and needles till I find out)

Till the end of the line.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

That could have been much worse. I like him. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I like him too. but I'm still in a state of shock as the news settles in.

I will miss Matt :(

this guy though almost reminds me of the 9th doctor, darker somehow. I'm glad he's a fan of the show :)

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I'm excited to see what happens with this new Doctor. :yes:
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I was kind of rooting for a little older Doctor, which we got, just because we haven't had one in a while. Can't keep getting younger (which is what my mom thought was happening :) ). I'm not sure what to think about him because I haven't seen him in anything as an actor; of course, each time there has been a new doctor, since the 9th (when I started watching seriously even though i'd seen a few old eps-) he has taken some getting used to, but I end up loving each one of them and I am sure this time will be no different.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Evangeline: in case you didn't know, Peter Capaldi was in an episode of Doctor Who in season 4 (when Tennant was the Doctor)

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

He was also one of the zombie doctors in World War Z, I think.

I'm excited. \:D/ It will be fascinating to see how the relationship between him and Clara plays out (provided Jenna Louise-Coleman stays on, which I think she is), and I will be happy to have a season of friendly fun without constant sexual tension lol.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aeva wrote:He was also one of the zombie doctors in World War Z, I think.

I'm excited. \:D/ It will be fascinating to see how the relationship between him and Clara plays out (provided Jenna Louise-Coleman stays on, which I think she is), and I will be happy to have a season of friendly fun without constant sexual tension lol.
Right? people might be mad they can't ship him and Clara, but I think it'll be a nice change. I'm glad we get two more episodes with Matt (and one with David Tennant) before the 12th Doctor is on.

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Not only was he in World War Z, but he was credited in it as being a W.H.O. Doctor. :- Can you say foreshadowing or what?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:Not only was he in World War Z, but he was credited in it as being a W.H.O. Doctor. :- Can you say foreshadowing or what?
I heard about that \:D/

have you heard any fan headcanons about why he was in that episode in season 4? I heard it was so he could see Donna again.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

...I think it's the same reason both Freema Ageyman and Karen Gillan were on before becoming companions. They just were. That wasn't even Steven Moffat; I kind of doubt he'll make anything out of it. :P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Actually, Freema Ageyman's one-off character was supposedly a "cousin", but I agree, it wouldn't make any sense to incorporate Capaldi's cameo into the Doctor's timeline.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Termite wrote:...I think it's the same reason both Freema Ageyman and Karen Gillan were on before becoming companions. They just were. That wasn't even Steven Moffat; I kind of doubt he'll make anything out of it. :P
I just think it's fun in the tumblr universe to make stuff up like that.

so it's canon to me :noway:

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Her character was referred to as a cousin simply to pass off the similarity of looks... considering they were twins. *shrug*

But on the other hand, whilst traveling back from visiting the families I wore my 'Bowties Are Cool" shirt... only ONE person recognized it. :(
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

So I went to schedule time off from Chick-Fil-A for Thanksgiving, and on a date nearby, I saw that eight people had asked off on one day. When I looked at the reason they had put for needing off, every single one had said "Doctor Who 50th Anniversary". So I guess we will be without three managers that day.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

the last couple days I've been wearing some Doctor Who shirts and people have noticed \:D/

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Matty is wearing a wig while they film the Christmas special :(

I HATE YOU,"HOW TO CATCH A MONSTER." HOW DARE YOU DEPRIVE MY BABY FROM HIS LUSCIOUS LOCKS?
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

And from what i understand, David Tennant won't be sporting his usual hairstyle (see the promo poster)

But I'm happy he's returning \:D/ along with Billie Piper of course

That wig looks very realistic though, I can't tell the difference. I suppose I've gotten used to his now short hair though *shrugs*

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Monty wrote:So I went to schedule time off from Chick-Fil-A for Thanksgiving, and on a date nearby, I saw that eight people had asked off on one day. When I looked at the reason they had put for needing off, every single one had said "Doctor Who 50th Anniversary". So I guess we will be without three managers that day.
Oh dear. xP

...a wig?

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I'm loving the new promotional posters. \:D/ It looks so great, and I'm loving all the little clues and references planted within it. :yes:

EDIT: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-09- ... the-doctor
Last edited by Amethystic on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.