What did you LEARN today?

post a random fact you learned...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

blackboard? As in online classes? I'm not sure if that's what I'm using right now... the site says course compass, but I think it's still blackboard. I don't know much about it.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I learned to never underestimate the power of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ Today in English class the teacher referred to an author that we'll be looking at next class whose last name is Boswell, and I kept hearing that lady's voice in my head from "All's Well With Boswell" saying "Boswell! Oh, Boswell!" Since I knew that the girl sitting next to me also likes AIO, I mentioned that to her after class, and immediately, two other people in the class also stated that they thought of the same thing! I love Christian colleges sometimes. ;)
Not just Christian colleges, I'm finding the same thing here at my public college ;) Though we're not learning about Boswell, but I've learned that a few other ppl in my Eng class listen to AIO.

And I learned that it can get confusing when working with two different college sites (for those of you wondering I think I am nearly-officially in one college on the East coast....not my first-choice, but it'd still get me a lot closer to my parents)........not sure how many college students here use "blackboard" for their school, but both -- the college I now attend and one of the ones on the East coast use it........it can get confusing when you're on both of them at the same time and the only difference is one or two words here and there.......

Peace Out

-Gimp
uhh wait..we use blackboard... :anxious:
Well, Liberty wasn't the school I was refering to. It still suprizes me that on the school's site I was refering to, blackboard is nearly identical and so is another section (though they call it something else and the options are in different spots than they are at my school's site).

Rachael, kinda online classes. At my school (and I think JF777's and the one I was refering to), blackboard is sorta an addition to the classroom work. Professors can put up assignments, quizzes, lecture notes, the syllabus, and class announcments.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Hm, I learned about panhandling. Since today was the first day I've ever done it! It was to try and raise money for the 30 Hour Famine!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

gimp80995 wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I learned to never underestimate the power of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ Today in English class the teacher referred to an author that we'll be looking at next class whose last name is Boswell, and I kept hearing that lady's voice in my head from "All's Well With Boswell" saying "Boswell! Oh, Boswell!" Since I knew that the girl sitting next to me also likes AIO, I mentioned that to her after class, and immediately, two other people in the class also stated that they thought of the same thing! I love Christian colleges sometimes. ;)
Not just Christian colleges, I'm finding the same thing here at my public college ;) Though we're not learning about Boswell, but I've learned that a few other ppl in my Eng class listen to AIO.

And I learned that it can get confusing when working with two different college sites (for those of you wondering I think I am nearly-officially in one college on the East coast....not my first-choice, but it'd still get me a lot closer to my parents)........not sure how many college students here use "blackboard" for their school, but both -- the college I now attend and one of the ones on the East coast use it........it can get confusing when you're on both of them at the same time and the only difference is one or two words here and there.......

Peace Out

-Gimp
uhh wait..we use blackboard... :anxious:
Well, Liberty wasn't the school I was refering to. It still suprizes me that on the school's site I was refering to, blackboard is nearly identical and so is another section (though they call it something else and the options are in different spots than they are at my school's site).

Rachael, kinda online classes. At my school (and I think JF777's and the one I was refering to), blackboard is sorta an addition to the classroom work. Professors can put up assignments, quizzes, lecture notes, the syllabus, and class announcments.

Peace Out

-Gimp
Oh... okay.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

I learned that I have to find a new place to live by May 1st. So guess who's calling up apt. complexes today. That's right, me!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Aww... I'm sorry, EUCC. :-( I know how miserable that feeling of being kicked out is (although I pulled my act together and managed to stay where I was in the end, so I didn't end up having to move out afterall. But still, the stress is no fun).

I learned that writing a paper for Psychology on Blackboard is nowhere near as fun as writing fanfiction!
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I learned not to get in the way of my bro when he's on the computer writing his stories...

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Rachael wrote:Aww... I'm sorry, EUCC. :-( I know how miserable that feeling of being kicked out is (although I pulled my act together and managed to stay where I was in the end, so I didn't end up having to move out afterall. But still, the stress is no fun).

I learned that writing a paper for Psychology on Blackboard is nowhere near as fun as writing fanfiction!
Thanks Rachael, Technically I'm not getting kicked out, but our lease is up and my roommates and I would rather not stay here, or together...so we will go our seperate ways.

Today I learned....turkey burgers are good 2 days in a row!
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Today I learned about the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand and how it started WWI. I knew his death was the catalyst but I must have not been paying attention in school because I never knew the whole story.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

So far I've learned that my comprehension of Geometry is weird........I appear to be on this pattren of being totally lost in one chapter, then in the next chapter breezing right through the material, and then back to being hoplessly lost when we go on to the next one.........

*thinks* Yeah, that's pretty much all I've learned so far today.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

Always remember to grab an umbrella, as it will probably rain if you don't. Also, gas stations don't sell stamps (at least not the two within walking distance of my home).
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

Today I learned not to go sprinting down the hall at eighty miles an hour while one of your feet is asleep - you WILL crash into a wall. :(
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Never trust food from a vending machine. Never. No matter how hungry you are.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Anne wrote:Always remember to grab an umbrella, as it will probably rain if you don't. Also, gas stations don't sell stamps (at least not the two within walking distance of my home).
Oh yeah, I learned that this morning.........20 mins after you give up looking to barrow an unbrella from a roomate and buy your own, it will stop raining.

Peace Out

-Gimp

COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I learned about the fins of a fish. \:D/

Dead fishes stink. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

This evening I learned:

When you haven't even looked at your assignments list for English, much less done the homework, it's best just to not go to class :-

When there is a storm, and you live in the country, expect to loose power and have to study by candle-light (or not study, but I've got a big Psych test that getting a high-A in the class depends on me getting a perfect score on the exam).

I've probably learned other things, but I fear another power outage (we've had power for 14 mins in a row now..........longest all day), so I need to end the post.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Sweetness, I learned that I have to report for jury duty tomorrow morning! \:D/ Maybe I should listen to Blind Justice to get me in the mood. ;)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

I learned the first verse of Acts 26. \:D/ \:D/

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trinarius wrote:Sweetness, I learned that I have to report for jury duty tomorrow morning! \:D/ Maybe I should listen to Blind Justice to get me in the mood. ;)
Ooo, cool! Let us know if you have as much fun as Eugene and Bernard did! ;)

I learned that I might look older than I thought that I did! Somebody asked my mom yesterday if I was her sister. :-s My mom may not look that old for her age, but we're 25 years apart! :mad:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Catspaw wrote:
Trinarius wrote:Sweetness, I learned that I have to report for jury duty tomorrow morning! \:D/ Maybe I should listen to Blind Justice to get me in the mood. ;)
Ooo, cool! Let us know if you have as much fun as Eugene and Bernard did! ;)

I learned that I might look older than I thought that I did! Somebody asked my mom yesterday if I was her sister. :-s My mom may not look that old for her age, but we're 25 years apart! :mad:
I thought I had already told you that. :-

-Cowboy