What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Mandie and the Secret Trunk, by Lois Gladys Leppard.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Godman7
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Godman7 »

the bible
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Infidel by Ted Dekker (Yes, I finally started the Lost Books. #2, and totally going back to the store to get the last three I need. :P $5 is cheap per book!!)

My Son, the Savior by Melody Carlson. Mary's point of view on the life of her son, Jesus... really well written. I find it a good work. :)

I'm reading snippets of Red by Ted Dekker... and White.... because I've read them once, and remembered parts I want to reread... I should just start with Black, but that one was SOO boring! I started it, stopped for a year, got Red, finished Black, and finally got to read the rest of the series. :) I'm that weird.

And I finished Luke and am now starting Psalms tonight. After Psalms, I'll read Song of Solomon, as request of my friends on FB. :)
The Court Jester
I've been here a bit

Post by The Court Jester »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: Infidel by Ted Dekker (Yes, I finally started the Lost Books. #2, and totally going back to the store to get the last three I need. :P $5 is cheap per book!!)

My Son, the Savior by Melody Carlson. Mary's point of view on the life of her son, Jesus... really well written. I find it a good work. :)

I'm reading snippets of Red by Ted Dekker... and White.... because I've read them once, and remembered parts I want to reread... I should just start with Black, but that one was SOO boring! I started it, stopped for a year, got Red, finished Black, and finally got to read the rest of the series. :) I'm that weird.

And I finished Luke and am now starting Psalms tonight. After Psalms, I'll read Song of Solomon, as request of my friends on FB. :)
Where are you getting them at for only 5$??? I almost bought Chosen because it was only five dollars, and then realized the rest of the series at the store was 10... and that would've been like, fifty dollars I would've spent.
Hahaha My Motto: ;)

Matthew 10:39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

The Court Jester wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: Infidel by Ted Dekker (Yes, I finally started the Lost Books. #2, and totally going back to the store to get the last three I need. :P $5 is cheap per book!!)

Where are you getting them at for only 5$??? I almost bought Chosen because it was only five dollars, and then realized the rest of the series at the store was 10... and that would've been like, fifty dollars I would've spent.
My Christian Supply in town has each book on sale for $5... plus a variety of other books. I don't think its at every Christian Supply, sadly. The economy is bad, so they think putting books for half-price (which essentially they are at $5) is helping... hopefully. :P

Chosen was pretty good... even though... I haven't really read The Circle Series in a while (apart from Green back during Christmas), so I'm like, COMPLETELY lost... lol. It helps when you have every book at your disposal, and I certainly don't...
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I read Ted Dekker's newest, The Bride Collector, on the way down to youth camp... My gosh, it was one of his best ones up to date. :yes: It dealt with the issue of mentally challenged people, etc., and really pulled out beauty from it... He never ceases to amaze me.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Court Jester
I've been here a bit

Post by The Court Jester »

Termite wrote:I read Ted Dekker's newest, The Bride Collector, on the way down to youth camp... My gosh, it was one of his best ones up to date. :yes: It dealt with the issue of mentally challenged people, etc., and really pulled out beauty from it... He never ceases to amaze me.
Ha. Yes, I've been wanting to read that one for awhile now..

This is how horrible I am with money though: Haha. I looked at the price of the Bride collector, and didn't get it because it was 25 dollars. So, I saw Heartless was 15 dollars.. and though "Oh great! I'll save 10 dollars. " But then I saw a book by Julie Klassen... and last second bought The Apothecary's Daughter.. so I ended spending like, 15 more than I would have if had just got The Bride Collector... Oy Veh. ;)

I'm reading the Apothecary's Daughter right now.. It's very good so far. About halfway through it. I've also read The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen, and it was also good! I think better than The Apothecary's Daughter.

But, they're both... longer books. So it's good clean romance. . but it also takes more than 2 hours to read! And, just because the girl is courting someone, doesn't mean that's who she'll end up with at the end! Which is also a plus.
Hahaha My Motto: ;)

Matthew 10:39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I just read The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare again. :inlove: Love that book....
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Termite wrote:I read Ted Dekker's newest, The Bride Collector, on the way down to youth camp... My gosh, it was one of his best ones up to date. :yes: It dealt with the issue of mentally challenged people, etc., and really pulled out beauty from it... He never ceases to amaze me.
OHMYGOSHIWANNAREADTHATONESOBADBUTIMSTILLONAWAITINGLISTATTHELIBRARY!!!! :mad: I read a preview of the book online, and I want to read it soooo bad--I like stuff about forensics and serial killers. :- Also, I read Kiss by Dekker a couple weeks ago and loved it. :inlove:

I won't go into a full recount of all the books I've read, but I will quote what I said to my dad at the beginning of the summer:

"I went to the library today. I got about ten books or so. That should be enough to last me the whole week!"

I thought I was joking. Turns out I wasn't. :-k
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Amethystic wrote:
OHMYGOSHIWANNAREADTHATONESOBADBUTIMSTILLONAWAITINGLISTATTHELIBRARY!!!! :mad: I read a preview of the book online, and I want to read it soooo bad--I like stuff about forensics and serial killers. :- Also, I read Kiss by Dekker a couple weeks ago and loved it. :inlove:

I won't go into a full recount of all the books I've read, but I will quote what I said to my dad at the beginning of the summer:

"I went to the library today. I got about ten books or so. That should be enough to last me the whole week!"

I thought I was joking. Turns out I wasn't. :-k
It's a very good book. :yes:

Book worms ftw! :lol:

You're still supposed to be reading the Andalite Chronicles, remember. ;) If you don't have time to read it on the computer (which it sounds like) it's likely your library has it.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am reading Every Now And Then by Karen Kingsbury.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Mandie and the Trunk's Secret.
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Me and Liz are reading Pride and Prejudice-out loud. It's been really fun so far.

Oh, and speaking of books, I put Fang on hold at the library like 3 months ago, and they just NOW sent me a notification that it's available and on hold.

But *sigh* I already know the spoilers. And besides, I'm trying to be more careful of what I watch and read....so I don't think I'll actually read it.

Till the end of the line.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Hardy Boys The clue of the broken blade
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I'm going through all of the Lord of the Rings books.
*insert provocative quote here*
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Nice are they good?
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I don't know yet, because I'm only about 4 or 5 chapters into The Hobbit.
*insert provocative quote here*
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

oh ok
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

I'm still working my way through The Fellowship of the Ring.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Are they any good?
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.