Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Okay, peoples. Just so we can have a reference point of discussion and not have to go over to the AIOWiki, here are the current known cast members for the episodes:

Your Servant Is Listening, Part 1
Camilla Parker
Eva Parker
Lucia Ortaga
Samuel
Hannah

Your Servant Is Listening, Part 2
Same as first.
No Chemistry Whatsoever: No cast known.

The Friend Formula
Olivia Parker
John Whittaker
Jay Smouse
Barrett Jones

More Than A Feeling: No cast known.

Repent After Me: No cast known.

Big Trouble Under the Big Top: No cast known.

Life Expectancy, Parts 1-3
Connie Kendall
Jules
Jason Whittaker
Eugene Meltsner
John Whittaker
Penny Wise
Wooton Bassett
Lilly Graham
Nurse
Bill Kendall

The Pilot, Parts 1 & 2: No cast known.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

*Sam dies*

I cannot wait any longer. *Chants* "One more week...One more week..."
merp.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Samantha14 wrote:*Sam dies*

Album 57 airs next week? =o
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Aftershocker wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:*Sam dies*

Album 57 airs next week? =o
The digital comes out next week. \:D/
merp.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

They both come out next week.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

The hard copy comes out next week, Leonard?
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

And about Album 58...
Release Spring 2014
Planning for this album started in February 2013.
The confirmed writers for this album are Bob Hoose, Nathan Hoobler, Marshal Younger, and Kathy Buchanan.
Jason Whittaker will appear in at least one episode in this album.
The winners of the summer 2013 A.C.T.S.! Contest will appear in a bonus feature for this album.
Recording for this album will be started in Summer 2013, according to the AIO Facebook Page.
This album will have some of it's episodes based on the concepts from Focus on the Family's The Family Project
The hard copy actually comes out October 1, according to the various websites that the cd can be purchased on.

I am assuming the iTunes version of the album can also be purchased next week too.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

The Old Judge wrote:The hard copy comes out next week, Leonard?
No, I mean the digital download and the radio airing are both next week, sorry.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

The Pilot seems to be more of a key episode than we previously thought. Here's something interesting you guys might like. It's an excerpt of an email from Brock Eastman:

"....And ironically I just opened the folder with all episodes in #57 to take a listen. Perhaps I'll have something to share. The exciting thing is we are already working on the episodes after 57 and they will be part of the Odyssey Adventure Club, to which I am now the producer for. So I'm excited. Two episodes on Volume #57 are sort of the lead up to the Odyssey Adventure Club, The Pilot, Part 1 and Part 2, which is a very exciting story."
---Jeff Fugate
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

The Old Judge wrote:The Pilot seems to be more of a key episode than we previously thought. Here's something interesting you guys might like. It's an excerpt of an email from Brock Eastman:

"....And ironically I just opened the folder with all episodes in #57 to take a listen. Perhaps I'll have something to share. The exciting thing is we are already working on the episodes after 57 and they will be part of the Odyssey Adventure Club, to which I am now the producer for. So I'm excited. Two episodes on Volume #57 are sort of the lead up to the Odyssey Adventure Club, The Pilot, Part 1 and Part 2, which is a very exciting story."
I guess I'm not completely understanding the role of the Adventure Club and the episodes available through it. It sounds like there will be episodes that play off album 57, will they lead into 58? Will there still be future albums or is it simply through the club? Or is the club a way to hear the episodes a little at a time, before being put into the next album (58).

This makes the Pilot sound really intriguing, my only fear is what becomes of the show once the club starts up.

And yes, the digital copy will be available both on Itunes and CBD.
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

Jason Whits Son wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:The Pilot seems to be more of a key episode than we previously thought. Here's something interesting you guys might like. It's an excerpt of an email from Brock Eastman:

I guess I'm not completely understanding the role of the Adventure Club and the episodes available through it. It sounds like there will be episodes that play off album 57, will they lead into 58? Will there still be future albums or is it simply through the club? Or is the club a way to hear the episodes a little at a time, before being put into the next album (58).

This makes the Pilot sound really intriguing, my only fear is what becomes of the show once the club starts up.

The Odyssey Adventure Club episodes will not be released with album 58, they will still make "regular airing" albums, as the Club episodes won't air and will be exclusive to the club.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

Skylerbuck wrote:
Jason Whits Son wrote:

The Odyssey Adventure Club episodes will not be released with album 58, they will still make "regular airing" albums, as the Club episodes won't air and will be exclusive to the club.
What are the requirements to join the club?
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

I think you enter it via paid subscription. Which, if you have the money, doesn't seem like a bad investment....
---Jeff Fugate
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

that is correct, it's a subscription service, similar to netflix, listen to anything whenever you want, it also has it's own exclusive episodes that you cant get anywhere else. These episodes are completely canonical and might even have episode numbers and will be released at the rate of 1/month
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

As long as the price is reasonable, ( don't know why it wouldn't be) I'm signing up!
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

It's about $15 a month.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Which, if you already have every episode ever made, means you'd be only getting the exclusive episodes, and essentially paying $15/episode.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Which, if you already have every episode ever made, means you'd be only getting the exclusive episodes, and essentially paying $15/episode.
yeap, although there will be other parts to the club, the streaming is the main part afaik

-- 02 Aug 2013 10:41 am --

episode summaries are up now: http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Album_57:_A ... thing_More
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Reddo, the summary for The Pilot isn't up yet. Have they released it yet?

About More Than A Feeling, our theory was wrong, Tiger. Light shines through the gloom, though because Camilla is in it! Yes! I love that girl! I'm quite fond of her character, and I wish they would have used her more in the last few albums. Here's an observation: The summary for More Than A Feeling states that Camilla is having trouble with her newfound faith because she's not excited about it anymore. Considering her faith is described as "newfound", and we haven't her of her accepting Christ before, does that mean she will accept Christ in Your Servant Is Listening?

It's good to know Katrina will also be making an appearance in this album, and in this case playing the wife of Eugene. One amazing thing they did since Album 55 was actually bring out Eugene and Katrina's marriage element, instead of just picturing them as two close people. I like seeing a family unit in Odyssey, especially composed of two people we've seen grow and develop.
---Jeff Fugate
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The Old Judge wrote:Here's an observation: The summary for More Than A Feeling states that Camilla is having trouble with her newfound faith because she's not excited about it anymore. Considering her faith is described as "newfound", and we haven't her of her accepting Christ before, does that mean she will accept Christ in Your Servant Is Listening?
That's exactly what I thought TOJ. It makes sense and fits "A Call To Something More" so well. No Chemistry Whatsoever Should be interesting with the trio of Eugene, Connie, and Penny. I an't say I'm all too happy about Big Trouble Under the Big Top. I was hoping for a return from Buck but that doesn't appear to be likely. The problem I have with Jones and Parker mysteries is they come off as corny to me. Probably because I am older than the target age range.
ImageImageImage
logos linked