Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Skylerbuck wrote:I know I can't wait to listen to the next episode. If I waited it would drive me crazy.
*Highfives awesome person*
merp.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Samantha14 wrote:
Skylerbuck wrote:I know I can't wait to listen to the next episode. If I waited it would drive me crazy.
me too, I usually listen to them all in one day if I have time after work, and for sure in 2 days if I'm busy
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Reddo wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:
me too, I usually listen to them all in one day if I have time after work, and for sure in 2 days if I'm busy
And this is why I love ToO so much. \:D/
merp.
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Doesn't that take some of the joy away, though? If you wait for a whole year to get twelve episodes, then listen to them all in one day, it's just over. Then you have to wait 6-8 more months for Album 58 to come out. If I did that, this would be me: ](*,)
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

Plus I like to listen to the episodes quick so I can fill in the info on aiowiki
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

The Old Judge wrote:Doesn't that take some of the joy away, though? If you wait for a whole year to get twelve episodes, then listen to them all in one day, it's just over. Then you have to wait 6-8 more months for Album 58 to come out. If I did that, this would be me: ](*,)
While you do make a valid point, TOJ, it's actually not the case for me. I'm one off those crazy lunatic fans that will seriously sit down and listen to the same episode 25 times straight--And be just as happy and excited as when I first turned it on. I just relisten over and over and over til the new album appears. ;)
merp.
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

I understand. Though I can't sit down and listen to the same episode over and over, I recently re-listened to Album 27, and was engaged and loved them, even though I knew what the episodes were about.

(However, there were a lot of things in the episodes that caught me off-guard. I thought I remembered them clearly, but I would hear something and be like: "Oh, YEAH! That did happen!" That's what I get for being cocky.)
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
howdypardner
Lurker

Post by howdypardner »

Does anyone know when the album will be available for download? I've heard August, but August is in six days...
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

howdypardner wrote:Does anyone know when the album will be available for download? I've heard August, but August is in six days...
nope, they're being very quiet about it for it coming out so soon
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

August 10th is the airdate of the first episode...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158997 ... rd_i=typ01
VOLUME 57: A Call to Something More
Life is full of surprises—some that are welcome, some that aren’t. A trip in the Imagination Station is usually fun, but three generations from the Parker family are surprised to find that it can be life-changing, too. And who doesn’t love the circus, especially when it involves a mystery, sabotage, and betrayal? And Connie’s life is turned upside-down by an unexpected phone call, triggering major changes for everyone around her. In laughter or tears, you can count on the crew at Whit’s End to make life’s surprises fun, exciting, touching, and rich with lessons from God.

Featuring the vocal talents of Chris Anthony, Townsend Coleman, Jess Harnell, Katie Leigh, Kimmy Robertson, Will Ryan, and Andre Stojka.

Sensational Stories, Lifelong Lessons!
1-2. Your Servant Is Listening, Parts 1-2
Theme: Hearing God’s Voice
3. No Chemistry Whatsoever
Theme: The Value of Hard Work
4. The Friend Formula
Theme: True Friendship
5. More Than a Feeling
Theme: Don’t Trust Emotions
6. Repent After Me
Theme: Repentance
7. Big Trouble Under the Big Top
Theme: Treating Others Well
8-10. Life Expectancy, Parts 1-3
Theme: Dealing with Loss
11-12. The Pilot, Parts 1-2
Theme: Service

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

There's an episode with the theme of not trusting emotions. This is gonna be awesome--I've been emphasizing the fickle, untrustworthy nature of emotions for years.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Tiger, you are my new best friend. That is such a true statement. Thank you.

So, yon album has potential. What episode dost ye knaves get excited about the most? And will ye buy the hard copy or digital?

I, for one, am excited about Life Expectancies. Who isn't? But Your Servant Is Listening sounds awesome, too. Lucia in the IS. That is a realm where old people don't belong...
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows

Really. I mean, Whit fell into a coma and suffered through visions of himself being evil, Tom had a freakout and later destroyed the thing, and Bernard kept getting placed in janitorial work. No place for old folks, indeed. :(

I'm interested in "More Than A Feeling" because, as previously mentioned, I hate this idea that you can "trust your heart" or whatever. I'm curious to see what the AIO team does with that.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

I checked AIOWiki, and there have been no cast members released so far. However, the title would lead me to believe that Wooton and Penny and/or Barrett and Priscilla are involved. I would not mind Barrett and Priscilla being there in the least. Truth be told, I think Odyssey should deal with a steady teenage romance, considering that is something they have never done. With that scenario, you could showcase their families adjusting to such a change, limits set, and other relation-y type things.

And with that idea, you could actually give Priscilla a family, and not make her some awkward orphan child. :p
---Jeff Fugate
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Really. I mean, Whit fell into a coma and suffered through visions of himself being evil, Tom had a freakout and later destroyed the thing, and Bernard kept getting placed in janitorial work. No place for old folks, indeed. :(
That cracked me up.

We (the Oddcast) already recorded our 57 predictions video, and with the themes now released, it's out of date before even being released...

And yes, we don't need any more orphan Scootaloo children running amuck. Families are always nice.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
TigerintheShadows

The Old Judge wrote:I think Odyssey should deal with a steady teenage romance,
*cough* Trent/Mandy *cough* O:)

Well, somebody had to say it. :noway:

Anyway, should it really be Barrett/Priscilla? I mean, they're only in middle school. Has Odyssey really had a habit of promoted steady romances at that age? I'm not saying it's implausible, just that Barrett and Priscilla may not even be teenagers and would be therefore unsuited for that kind of thing. The title alone, though, suggests that the pairing in question would be Wooton/Penny--doesn't that sound exactly like the sort of thing one or both of them would have to be told?
Leonard Meltsner wrote:And yes, we don't need any more orphan Scootaloo children running amuck.
Like. \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Anyway, should it really be Barrett/Priscilla? I mean, they're only in middle school. Has Odyssey really had a habit of promoted steady romances at that age? I'm not saying it's implausible, just that Barrett and Priscilla may not even be teenagers and would be therefore unsuited for that kind of thing.

Well, Miss Trandy, if you really want to debate this... (By the way, that's your new nickname.) When Barrett and Priscilla first started on the show in 2010, they were both about thirteen. Barrett was, at least, Priscilla might have been twelve. Okay. It's now, what? 2013. Correct. Barrett is 15-16. Priscilla, at the least, is 15. Though my conventional age to date would be sixteen, with the world we live in, I would not be surprised nor outraged if Priscilla as a fifteen year old started dating. If the Odyssey team is trying to properly minister to kids, they need to show what a proper teenage dating relationship would be like. Learning by example, and other people's mistakes, is a good way to learn. They could take that approach with Barrett and Priscilla.

With Trent and Mandy, they were younger than Barrett and Priscilla were now. One thing I dislike about the hiatus was that Mandy and Trent were put away, and we weren't able to see their relationship develop. I would not have approved of them dating on the show when they were on, is because Trent's voice hadn't lowered, so I'm thinking he's twelve or thirteen, and Aria Curzon's voice was always so young-sounding, Mandy sounded in a state of perpetual twelve year old-ishness. Seeing twelve or thirteen year olds in a "dating relationship" drives me crazy.
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows

The Old Judge wrote:Well, Miss Trandy, if you really want to debate this... (By the way, that's your new nickname.)
I'm not interested in a "debate". I wasn't even going to argue, per se, with your point. I was merely questioning whether or not Barrett and Priscilla are old enough to date. (I love my new nickname, though. \:D/ Greet me with it in a sentence including really long words; that way I can feel just like Connie. ;) )
The Old Judge wrote:When Barrett and Priscilla first started on the show in 2010, they were both about thirteen. Barrett was, at least, Priscilla might have been twelve. Okay. It's now, what? 2013. Correct. Barrett is 15-16. Priscilla, at the least, is 15. Though my conventional age to date would be sixteen, with the world we live in, I would not be surprised nor outraged if Priscilla as a fifteen year old started dating. If the Odyssey team is trying to properly minister to kids, they need to show what a proper teenage dating relationship would be like. Learning by example, and other people's mistakes, is a good way to learn. They could take that approach with Barrett and Priscilla.
I wouldn't have a problem if they were in high school, either, but apparently (according to the wiki, anyway, which usually has up-to-date information) they're twelve. If Barrett and Priscilla are fifteen or sixteen, then by all means, let them date. I definitely approve of teenage relationships being showcased...I wasn't aware, though, that Barrett or Priscilla were even old enough to have their learners' permits. I don't think any of the new characters have been aged up any more than a year. If they still attend middle school, and apparently they do, then it's highly unlikely that they're as old as you're claiming.

I think every other child character has established that Odyssey time does not work in conjunction with real world time. It never has. Just because three years have passed in real life doesn't mean that three years have passed in Odyssey.
The Old Judge wrote:With Trent and Mandy, they were younger than Barrett and Priscilla were now. One thing I dislike about the hiatus was that Mandy and Trent were put away, and we weren't able to see their relationship develop. I would not have approved of them dating on the show when they were on, is because Trent's voice hadn't lowered, so I'm thinking he's twelve or thirteen, and Aria Curzon's voice was always so young-sounding, Mandy sounded in a state of perpetual twelve year old-ishness. Seeing twelve or thirteen year olds in a "dating relationship" drives me crazy.
Won't argue with you on the twelve-year-old relationships thing. I wholeheartedly agree. :yes: (I've always thought they were about to enter high school by "A Class Reenactment" (Trent's voice was pretty low by then, and Marvin's has been deep since Album 46), but I digress. ;) ) I wouldn't have approved of them dating while they were on, either, but I do approve of them dating now--much as I would approve of Barrett and Priscilla dating if they were old enough, which, if the fact that they attend middle school is any indication, they're not.

(I didn't like Trent and Mandy dropping off the face of the earth before we got to see their relationship develop, either, but they're not the only ones I want around. I miss Edwin, Bernard, and the Washingtons, even though I know it's unfeasible for the former two to come back. :( )

For the record, I think the only two things standing in the way of a relationship between them are their ages (if they're not in high school, which I don't believe they are) and the fact that outside of her relationship with Barrett, Priscilla feels underdeveloped...I'd rather see her develop on her own as her own person, outside of having other people, Barrett or otherwise, to bounce off of.
AIO tumblr sideblog