Virginia Convention!

Now With Pics!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Virginia convention is over already? :(

I'm glad you had fun, Candy! It sounds like a lot of cool people were there. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Agent Robert Mitchell
Smile for the camera

Post by Agent Robert Mitchell »

It's not completely over ... they don't leave 'till tomorrow. :-
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
--C. S. Lewis

I have to, unfortunately. -_-
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

\:D/ Etan, when you're done working, call Tim.
Sonuna wrote:Also I have extremely low social stamina, apparently. Er, yes. Sorry.
That is okay. My true self (introverted and more or less chaotic-thoughting) is hibernating in the corridors of my mind.
We should probably go eat dinner...
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

I wish I could have gone but I was working:( I was only about 15 min. away from the convention..
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

Sweetie wrote:I wish I could have gone but I was working:( I was only about 15 min. away from the convention..
you should have... it would have been a great experience for you and everyone else.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Aww, sounds like you all had fun. :( *sigh*

Was anyone on I81 around 10 am on Fri. morning to see us? Or was everybody already arrived at Liberty by then? \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

We were definitely on I81 at that time, seeing as we were on I81 for five whole hours. Want to meet us on the way back up tomorrow? :yes:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

We're still in Michigan. :( And won't be back to VA til Tuesday evening... :x

Well, I was looking on the southbound side of the interstate on Friday to see if I could spot any ToOers, but I didn't. Ah well. At least I have the joy of knowing we might have passed each other! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

If I had been riding with Tim, all you would of had to have done was tell me the car you'd be in and I could pick it out of all the cars.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Hope

Post by Hope »

well mister good eye huh?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Mister Almost-Instantly-Identify-Almost-All-Cars would be more like it. ;)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Hope

Post by Hope »

DanP740 wrote:Mister Almost-Instantly-Identify-Almost-All-Cars would be more like it. ;)
even on the freeway/highway?
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Candy wrote:I bet between all of us we got about 150 pictures taken!
Oh wow. Only 150 pictures? If it had been only Kait and myself stuck in a university with two cameras for HALF AN HOUR! We would have twice as many as all of you put together. In fact, I took a hundred in an hour by myself yesterday. Just one person with one camera. ;)

Not to diminish all of you and your picture taking habits. ;) It sounds like you all had an amazing time! I can't wait to hear more!

(Oh, and I am back from Texas.)
Do you believe in the couch?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

hubcap wrote:Oh wow. Only 150 pictures? If it had been only Kait and myself stuck in a university with two cameras for HALF AN HOUR! We would have twice as many as all of you put together. In fact, I took a hundred in an hour by myself yesterday. Just one person with one camera. ;)
I know what you mean... I ended up taking nearly 300 while in Colorado. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Hope

Post by Hope »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
hubcap wrote:Oh wow. Only 150 pictures? If it had been only Kait and myself stuck in a university with two cameras for HALF AN HOUR! We would have twice as many as all of you put together. In fact, I took a hundred in an hour by myself yesterday. Just one person with one camera. ;)
I know what you mean... I ended up taking nearly 300 while in Colorado. :anxious:
and Jonathan calls me shutter happy... I only took about 200 while down in Colorado.
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

I've only got 90 so far. I'd have posted some if my computer liked my memory card today.
Hope

Post by Hope »

Tim Peterson wrote:I've only got 90 so far. I'd have posted some if my computer liked my memory card today.
means more waiting... yipee! :anxious:
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

\:D/
-I- don't have to wait!
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Jonathan wrote:
Tim Peterson wrote:
  • JIA eats cheerios in not just orange juice, but also Mountain Dew.
o_O

.....Mountain Dew? Really?
*grins impishly* Indeed. See... I only got about 3 hours of sleep on Thursday night because I was talking with Angel until all hours of the night, so I had a large caffeine intake, and decided to try Mountain Dew in my orange juice and cheerios (of which Angel and Sarai also tried :p ). I also tried Mountain Dew on Fruit Loops. *snickers* Needless to say, I have an orange thumb, great pictures, great memories, an awesome shirt, awesome friends, a twin (sorta :anxious: ), and... a very broken camera. :- See... Angel and I were playing basketball and I had decided to be like Tim and set the camera up in some place where I could actually tape us playing... Wulllllll, dumb me, I set it right at where the pole met some stand thingy and... uhm... it happened to get hit and fall right on the gym floor and... uhh... the lens is rather... distorted. :anxious: BUT! I still got many, many pictures! Including ones with David O, Sarah, Candy, Angel, Naomi, and so on and so forth (because I really don't feel like typing out such cool names. :p ) :hilarious: Just kidding, guys. ;) So... leaving in 5 hours to go back home. :( Sadness. BUT! I shall never forget the day that Tim Peterson actually said more than 100 words! :shock: (And yes... He does talk, people just need to learn to listen! :x ) And in other news! I took a Career Direct test... and let me tell you, the results were highly hilarious. But, I really don't think you all want me to go into that because my post is already super long and I doubt any of you will even read this, but I don't really care because it is your loss. HA! (Caffeine? Me? HA! Uhm... Maybe a little... It's late, what can I say? :noway: ) Okay. I shall now leave you all to not read this post and therefore find it not amusing! :yes:
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Arr ARRRRR! ;)

Tonight was amazing! I've loved all the convention moments, but for me, tonight really brought us out of the "awkward moments" stage. Nine of us raced around the second floor of DeMoss (the huge academic building) howling, hiding, and seeking at midnight. Yeah, that was memorable :D It was a very different sort of bonding than the kind done in Colorado, but it was still amazing, and I'm semi-seriously considering coming back next week for my Fall Break :anxious:

I'm addicted to ToO conventions now.