Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

J-man wrote:
cutekitten13 wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Bmuntz wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Disney/Walden's portrayal of Aslan. It should be interesting seeing if Liam Neeson can pull it off. :-k
By doubting Liam Neeson you doubt Qui-Gon himself. Trent you have doubted a Jedi! :shame: Be Ashamed. I bet you listen to Backstreet boys to. =;
What's wrong with the Backstreet Boys?
Let me count the ways....
Lol, I don't like them either..
Who does? You could say the same thing about Good Charlotte.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I love the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and can't wait tell the movie come out
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

You can now view the fourth making-of featurette, "Behind the Magic of Narnia." Click here for links.

In addition, Walden Media has launched their Chronicles of Narnia website with new pictures and educational material at http://www.walden.com/narnia/.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Good grief! You beat me to posting this again. I was too lazy to do it last night, and then you beat me by 20 minutes... tut tut.

Anyway, I loved the featurette. Can't wait to hear more.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

IGN did an interview with Richard Taylor last week. Read it here.
Brief portion of the article wrote:It's well known that CS Lewis put a lot of Christian allegory and metaphor into The Chronicles of Narnia and I asked Taylor if that knowledge had an impact on the visual direction of the elements Taylor was designing for the film. "Without question. But the big issue was that CS Lewis also drew from mythological sources. So it's not necessarily based on real history and that allowed us a license that made it considerable more difficult then to work on Lord of the Rings, which was written by a man that focused completely on the reality of the culture. So it was a very interesting challenge, actually."

While they are very different stories, the worlds of Narnia and Lord of the Rings both have some basic similarities. Both are elaborate fantasy worlds filled with all sorts of creatures, some specifically mirroring each other, such as the role of dwarves in both stories. Taylor remarked how important it was to wipe the slate clean and not let their previous work influence them. "The fans of Narnia do not want to see a re-invention of Lord of the Rings. It has to be its own unique reality and it's a very special, special world for an audience. They would be desperately unhappy if we had just rehashed anything. So we set about trying to create a whole unique culture and world."
spiderman
insert dash here

Post by spiderman »

that was a good article. thanks for posting it. :D
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

O.O!

I'll have to listen to it... after I finish recording Narnia on KCIS 630 FM. \:D/

EDIT: Just listened to it. :shock:

Excellent interview. It seems Gresham was being interviewed by a Christian radio station... and he supports homeschooling. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Another in-depth article.

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=355&dl=3793175

I was most interested in the following paragraph. However, the quote by the director, Andrew Adamson, was not news to me.
Total Film Magazine wrote:Aslan is the film’s real hero: an enigmatic figure, unknowable but lovable, frightening yet tender. As JRR Tolkien did with The Lord Of The Rings, CS Lewis called on elements of the Christian gospels in creating his mysterious parallel universe. Some have labelled the first Narnia film "The Passion Of The Christ for kids", with its themes of sacrifice and redemption and Aslan’s similarity to Jesus. Lewis himself dismissed the idea that his series was a direct allegory, suggesting it was more suppositional, a "what if" exploration of how God might come to Earth in another world. And he dismissed the idea that he designed the tales for evangelism as "pure moonshine". ("I couldn’t write in that way. It all began with images: a faun carrying an umbrella, a queen on a sledge, a magnificent lion. At first there wasn’t anything Christian about them - that element pushed itself in of its own accord.") Adamson is evasive on the question of Christian significance, perhaps caught in a catch-22. If he admits to a religious subtext, certain critics will crucify him; if he dismisses that element he’ll alienate a proportion of fans. "It really is a true and faithful adaptation of CS Lewis’ book," he concedes. "If you could find a spiritual implication in the book, you’ll find that same spiritual implication and meaning in the movie. But whether it’s spiritual or now is up to the interpretation of the viewer."
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Wow! So many updates in the last week, including a lot of frame grabs from the movie, along with interviews, and a preview of the upcoming inspired by Narnia album. Head over to www.narniaweb.com to check it all out.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Cool! Thanks, Me! \:D/
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

The "inspired by" soundtrack doesn't look like it's going to sound that great. There doesn't sound like there's much connection between the songs and the story, and the contemporary music just doesn't seem to fit (besides, I've never been that crazy about Christian Contemp music).
I hope the movie score is good (since that's what's really going to be in the movie anyway).
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

hey, on the costum site they show Lucy's cordial and crononation gown and cape. Just wondering, when does Lucy wear a kimono robe?

here is the costum site url
http://costumes.narniaweb.com/

ImageImageImageImage
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm not sure what you mean by the kimono robe, but some of those outfits looks nice! \:D/ The coronation gown looks pretty, and so does the crown thing!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I went to Unity Festival in Muskegon and I asked someone how the movie was. They were saying how it presents a better message of Christ then LoTR did. I knew I should have just let the comment slide, but being a literary freak I couldn't help myself. I just looked at her and was like "Tolkien never intended for LoTR to be an Allegory like the Chronicles of Narnia". I said my only concern was that it remain true to the story because the BBC version done in 1985 was pretty good. She just looked at me and said that version was really badly done and the animation was cheezy. I'm looking forward to it all the same. But she started saying that the movie was a lot better then LotR. IMO that's a really big claim.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Several more interesting things have been put up over at www.narniaweb.com
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I want to get as many friends together as possible and all go together. On opening day. Well, that actually doesn't really matter to me. But that opening weekend, I want to blow the records AWAY!

:duel: <Chronicles of Narnia is going to BEAT ALL THE COMPETITION!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I want to get as many friends together as possible and all go together. On opening day. Well, that actually doesn't really matter to me. But that opening weekend, I want to blow the records AWAY!

:duel: <Chronicles of Narnia is going to BEAT ALL THE COMPETITION!
Hate to disagree, but that is very unlikely. Movies like Kong will probably come out on top. Serenity will probably be a huge seller as well. TCON will definitely be in the top five, though.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »