Dose it bug anyone else that Katrina different voce???

Katrina voce

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Dose it bug anyone else that in the new episodes Katrina has a different voce

Yes
63%
No
38%

Total votes: 48

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

A voice change by itself doesn't necessarily bother me. It might affect continuity a bit (like Marvin or Aubrey or Mary Barclay) but otherwise might not be bothersome. With Katrina, though, the whole person has changed. Some of it is probably do to the writing but some of it is simply because it's a different person with a different way of reading the lines. If Doris is returning next season, I'm hoping the original Katrina will too. :pray:
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

it bugs me. I've listened to AIO since...forever it seems...and they just had Pam as Katrina for too long to just switch like that. I do agree I wouldn't hav e as much trouble if her character hadn't changed. She seemed to be like a normal girl instead of--um--a intellegent person like Eugene. a question is why can't they change her back now? i mean, she may not have been available then (which i think is dumb i wouldn't have gotten a new person with an entirely different voice and personality just because the old one wasn't available..but i guess the do what they have to do) she's probably available now and it seems like most of the AIO fans (that are the type to never miss a new episode and cry and have to go listen online immediatly if they do :- ) would like her to come back. i know i would. though, if Katrina's character changed back to normal, i might adjust...i just don't know. especially when they play the old eps. with Pam as Katrina it gets you thinking of that as her voice and then if you hear a new ep you are like....wait...that's not right. as for Hal S. and Paul H. i couldn't really tell i don't think, i was little though when they changed...but i can't really tell much now. you can tell a little by the laugh. Hal S. was deeper or something. but their voices were a lot more similar than Pam and Audrey's. it's not that i have anything against Audrey, i just think she'd be better as a newer character somewhere else--not an old time character that has a completly different voice, personality, etc. just my 2 cents...

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I don't like Katrina's new voice at all. :anxious: To me, it doesn't even seem like HER, you know? It's like Eugene is married to a complete stranger. I might be able to ingore it if Pam had died, but knowing that she was just busy back when they first changed, and she could possibly come back is extremely frustrating! :- Some people say they sound just alike - I don't think they do at all. That's just me though.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Nigel wrote:A voice change by itself doesn't necessarily bother me. It might affect continuity a bit (like Marvin or Aubrey or Mary Barclay) but otherwise might not be bothersome. With Katrina, though, the whole person has changed. Some of it is probably do to the writing but some of it is simply because it's a different person with a different way of reading the lines. If Doris is returning next season, I'm hoping the original Katrina will too. :pray:
Yeah, Nathan Hoobler still hasn't said if Pam will be playing Doris or not. I wonder why he's not answering?

Slightly off topic: It's kind of funny...I'm usually very observant, but I didn't even notice that Aubrey had an actress change until a couple weeks ago when I saw it on AIOSF. I always just thought she sounded a little bit older.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
renee
Just visiting

Post by renee »

Yes! Her voice is way to different.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I don't like Katrina's new voice at all. :anxious: To me, it doesn't even seem like HER, you know? It's like Eugene is married to a complete stranger. I might be able to ingore it if Pam had died, but knowing that she was just busy back when they first changed, and she could possibly come back is extremely frustrating! :- Some people say they sound just alike - I don't think they do at all. That's just me though.
It is NOT just you :anxious: I completely agree.

And I didn't even know it was a possibility for Doris to be back next season! When/where was that brought up? I would have to say---if they bring Pam back to do Doris and not Katrina I will be mad...seeing as there's no reason...

And I'd rather have no Doris than a fake Doris :x

There's only 1 Doris...well, there's only 1 Katrina too but...
:-

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

pinkjeans92 wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I don't like Katrina's new voice at all. :anxious: To me, it doesn't even seem like HER, you know? It's like Eugene is married to a complete stranger. I might be able to ingore it if Pam had died, but knowing that she was just busy back when they first changed, and she could possibly come back is extremely frustrating! :- Some people say they sound just alike - I don't think they do at all. That's just me though.

And I didn't even know it was a possibility for Doris to be back next season! When/where was that brought up? I would have to say---if they bring Pam back to do Doris and not Katrina I will be mad...seeing as there's no reason...
Nathan Hoobler himself posted that Doris Rathbone would be in an episode in the coming season. \:D/ But of course he didn't comment on who would be playing her. ;) So we'll have to wait and see what happens! Click here to see Nathan's post about Doris.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I don't like Katrina's new voice at all. :anxious: To me, it doesn't even seem like HER, you know? It's like Eugene is married to a complete stranger. I might be able to ingore it if Pam had died, but knowing that she was just busy back when they first changed, and she could possibly come back is extremely frustrating! :-
I totally agree. I mean, couldn't they have just waited a little bit for her to be available? And if she is available now, but they just don't want to switch again...then I shall continue to be very frustrated... :-

I also agree with those who have mentioned the character change. She used to be just as "intelligent"/"geeky" as Eugene... Now they've just totally changed her character for no reason!

Jeremy
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

fatlooy wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:It's not a big deal to me, really. Yeah, Pam Haydn was "better" maybe (mostly because she was the first) but the new one does a good job, and is all that is available. We don't hear many complaints about Paul Herlinger taking over as Whit, so I don't see why this is any different--even though Pam is slightly more available than Hal Smith. Pam is probably busy doing more Simpson episodes, yay! \:D/
none complanes about the new whit bc he souns identical if you go lisen you cant tell the diferenc but with katrina you taltaly can.
No one really complains about the 'new' Whit, but it is untrue to say that the two actors voiced him identically. Maybe you don't notice, but others do.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Catspaw wrote:
pinkjeans92 wrote:

Nathan Hoobler himself posted that Doris Rathbone would be in an episode in the coming season. \:D/ But of course he didn't comment on who would be playing her. ;) So we'll have to wait and see what happens! Click here to see Nathan's post about Doris.
YAY!! I've missed her...

fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

It totally bugs me I can hardly stand it.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

oh that really bugs me! where did katrina go anyways??
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

i think she's working on the simpsons or somthing like that.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I'd much rather have Pam play Katrina than Audrey. And yes, it does seem that Katrina's character has changed. It just doesn't seem like Katrina anymore.
fatlooy wrote:just have her go on a short trip have her come back and be her ariganal voce agen
That cracked me up! :lol:
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

H Tide wrote:I'd much rather have Pam play Katrina than Audrey. And yes, it does seem that Katrina's character has changed. It just doesn't seem like Katrina anymore.
fatlooy wrote:just have her go on a short trip have her come back and be her ariganal voce agen
Why??
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I don't really notice. Their voices are pretty much the same to me... :anxious:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

fatlooy wrote:
H Tide wrote:I'd much rather have Pam play Katrina than Audrey. And yes, it does seem that Katrina's character has changed. It just doesn't seem like Katrina anymore.
Why??
Because I think it would be humorous if that did happen. I wish Katrina would get her old voice again, but it's not going to happen, unfortunately.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

it bugs me but i understand that they did all they could to get the old one back but couldn't
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

It completely bothers me. I had no idea what this was about because I haven't listened to AIO for several years (for shame!) but I just started listening to "Prisoners of Fear" and it's driving me to distraction.
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

ughh yes its so annoying! I tried to tell myself it wasn't a big deal, but it seems like a completely different person.

And it's a much more noticeable change than when Whit changed from Hal Smith to Paul Herlinger
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind